Chubby Girls

Options
Hey guys!!! I know we're all here to lose weight and get fit, but I know for some of us, we are still a little chubby while in the process!! I'm just wondering: what do guys think of chubbier girls?? I mean, if they have a pretty face, great personality, and are confident. Just wondering :) Thanks!!

Replies

• Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I know we're all here to lose weight and get fit, but I know for some of us, we are still a little chubby while in the process!! I'm just wondering: what do guys think of chubbier girls?? I mean, if they have a pretty face, great personality, and are confident. Just wondering :) Thanks!!

Love 'em! Not an issue at all that they are slightly overweight.

--P
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

Love 'em! Not an issue at all that they are slightly overweight.

--P
    I have found this to be true too. While I'm not rail thin I think most men appreciate my body type. However, I will say it seems to be more acceptable to older, more mature, men rather than those in their 20s.
  • rainman3k
    rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do not have an issue at all. I have learned that as long as the woman has a pleasant personality, good character and confidence in herself, I can work within the process of working together on a healthier lifestyle.

But this works both ways, girls need to see that too.

I find that people who have known me during the first 15 months of my journey know the dedication that I put in to improving myself. Much the same way I know about a girl I see at the gym or on MFP who is constantly working at it.

Where I find the problem is meeting new people. If I don't know how they live there lifestyle, it is so hard trying to work on that aspect.

Much the same way that some of the new girls I have met think of the current snapshot, not where I have come from or where I am going, so it makes it really difficult to keep your confidence up when facing rejection based on that. It is almost why I get tempted to hold off on dating until I reach my goal weight.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I have found this to be true too. While I'm not rail thin I think most men appreciate my body type. However, I will say it seems to be more acceptable to older, more mature, men rather than those in their 20s.

My experience exactly. I preferred rail thin girls, I must admit. My ex was very thin.

Now I really find a full bodied woman incredibly sexy. Especially as described by the OP: great personality, confident, nice. What's not to love?

--P
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!! I am bisexual and prefer petite, tiny women. Not bony, but those that have a small frame. I sometimes like "thicker" women, but not as much. I'm def a little chubby, but still have curves. I def got a lot more guy attention when I was thin and athletic looking. I almost always have a guy that is interested in me, but don't necessarily get hit on when I'm out at a bar, etc. As for men, I actually prefer those who have a little bit of chub. I sometimes like guys who are ripped, but not always. Honestly, it's the personality and confidence that matters much more than looks. There are some people who I might think are unattractive just by looking at them, but if they have a good personality it might attract them to me.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think men are a lot more open to it than most women think. I walked around for years assuming men paid me no attention, and now that my confidence is up, I'm amazed at how often men DO check me out, haha...

Last night I went on my first date in a long time, someone I met on POF. I went in worried that he wouldn't be OK with my size (I'm a 16), and in reality, I think I intimidated him, haha! He seemed to need to prove to me that he could hang with this fun, active woman. What an eye opening moment!
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    If they are working towards the best "them" then I don't see it as a problem... but if they are working the other way, it's a turn off.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I think men are a lot more open to it than most women think. I walked around for years assuming men paid me no attention, and now that my confidence is up, I'm amazed at how often men DO check me out, haha...

Last night I went on my first date in a long time, someone I met on POF. I went in worried that he wouldn't be OK with my size (I'm a 16), and in reality, I think I intimidated him, haha! He seemed to need to prove to me that he could hang with this fun, active woman. What an eye opening moment!

Awesome!

As for the topic I'm still not sure..some guys seem fine with me how I am now and others still don't find me thin enough. I said on my eharmony profile I wish in dating situations men could see where I was 3 years ago and know that even though I'm not a size 6 I can keep up with them..I tend to like fit to average to slightly husky men so long as they are also active and interesting.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

That's awkward for me that 25% is considered pudgy. I'm at 29% and while I have a little more cellulite than I'd like, and I know I'm large framed, I'm quite muscular and don't consider myself "pudgy." Maybe I'm just fooling myself...?

I think it depends on the guy. I've found that guys chasing one thing tend to go for the girls that "take less effort" and that would include the "pudgier" girls who they'll hope will give it up with less effort. But I've also found that many "good catch guys" looking for a relationship look for the more average girls just because they are less likely to treat them as bad as the beautiful women. Unfortunately, I appear to be surrounded by egotistical losers who are only looking for arm candy. The only way I seem to meet normal guys is through Match.

Edit: I just read enough of the thread to realize there were pictures I couldn't see. Ok, well, I'll come back and comment again after I've had a chance to see the pics
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I personally like some chubs on me lady, not biggest loser status but a little...
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options

That's awkward for me that 25% is considered pudgy. I'm at 29% and while I have a little more cellulite than I'd like, and I know I'm large framed, I'm quite muscular and don't consider myself "pudgy." Maybe I'm just fooling myself...?

I think it depends on the guy. I've found that guys chasing one thing tend to go for the girls that "take less effort" and that would include the "pudgier" girls who they'll hope will give it up with less effort. But I've also found that many "good catch guys" looking for a relationship look for the more average girls just because they are less likely to treat them as bad as the beautiful women. Unfortunately, I appear to be surrounded by egotistical losers who are only looking for arm candy. The only way I seem to meet normal guys is through Match.

Edit: I just read enough of the thread to realize there were pictures I couldn't see. Ok, well, I'll come back and comment again after I've had a chance to see the pics

OK - just quick clarification. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this -- are you saying guys are only attracted to heavier women because they think they're easy? and if they're looking for a more relationship-oriented girl they go for the slim but average looking because pretty girls don't treat them well? I've probably misunderstood what you meant.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Attraction is unique to each one,is undefinable in terms and not a constant.
    For me it is facial features that "click" with me and a feminine figure with the waste narrower then the chest and hips.
    Beyond that basic description it can take many shapes and forms so is useless to try to state any exacts.

The person in the end is what matters after the initial look.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i actually prefer them..i like breast and thighs and bigger women have more of it, i'll take the extra belly with it
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I checked out that thread with the body fat percentage...I'm not sure what mine is but I can tell you I look nothing like those girls. And even if I lose another 50lbs I doubt I'd look like them...I would in a dream world love it if I could look like the 20% woman..but my reality is if I get to the 30% girl I'm happy. Sadly barely any men picked her I'm guessing. lol
  • Carl01
    Options
    I checked out that thread with the body fat percentage...I'm not sure what mine is but I can tell you I look nothing like those girls. And even if I lose another 50lbs I doubt I'd look like them...I would in a dream world love it if I could look like the 20% woman..but my reality is if I get to the 30% girl I'm happy. Sadly barely any men picked her I'm guessing. lol

Listen,this is not a come on but just what I see looking at your profile pics.
    You are an attractive lady with as I said,a feminine figure (sounds cold to word it like that,not the intention) so believe it.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options

OK - just quick clarification. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this -- are you saying guys are only attracted to heavier women because they think they're easy? and if they're looking for a more relationship-oriented girl they go for the slim but average looking because pretty girls don't treat them well? I've probably misunderstood what you meant.

I'm actually wondering the same thing. I've seen JJ post this opinion before, and I'm never really sure what it means -- I always took it to mean that guys only try to sleep with chubby girls because they think they're easy, but that could just be my head telling me this is yet another reason why I am single :embarassed:
  • Carl01
    Options

I'm actually wondering the same thing. I've seen JJ post this opinion before, and I'm never really sure what it means -- I always took it to mean that guys only try to sleep with chubby girls because they think they're easy, but that could just be my head telling me this is yet another reason why I am single :embarassed:

I do not pretend to speak for any guy but myself but the answer to this for me is no.
    I would never have sex with a lady that I did not find desirable simply for the sake of it...if I was with you in an intimate situation it is because you as a lady has aroused me.

Not to be crude but remember,us guys don`t need toys and batteries so just getting off is no challenge.
    Don`t think my wanting to have sex is anything other then the fact you as a lady turned me on,end of discussion.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    smh

for me size doesnt matter if your living a healthy lifestyle and you can walk around without being out of breath. my ex was heavey and it was frustrating to me when she would refer to herself as fat and say thinks like i am a fat girl i know good food.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chubby Girls represent!

This is probably going to sound meaner than my intent, but enough with the am I skinny enough to be attractive mindset ladies! How many threads do we see from guys asking the same type of questions. Doesn't matter your size, you are worthy. End Rant.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    Chubby Girls represent!

This is probably going to sound meaner than my intent, but enough with the am I skinny enough to be attractive mindset ladies! How many threads do we see from guys asking the same type of questions. Doesn't matter your size, you are worthy. End Rant.

I couldn't agree more! That's why it's disheartening to see someone say that men only want chubby girls if they want something quick and easy. I couldn't disagree more. Girls with flesh rock -- and we're just as worthy of a man's "real" attention as someone who is rail thin.