Chubby Girls

Options

Replies

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    It's unfair either way. 1. Because there is now this assumption that thinner girls are going to be high maintenance. 2. The women that ARE this way are getting away with treating other people the way that they do.
    I guess it's just the world that we live in, but making assumptions about people in general is ridiculous.
    Yeah, I agree. There are a LOT of generalisations on this forum. I guess people just have to go by experience and statistics and come out with an average.
    An unfair but true generalisation...

The good thing about generalisation is that each individual can convince themselves it doesn't apply to them!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you find it rude but it's been my experience too. You won't find that many high maintenance girls who are over weight. It makes sense if you think about it. The hot skinny thing is glamorized in all the magazines and guys are attracted to them en masse. They can be that way because guys will put up with it. The average looking girl is just that - average looking. If she is just as snooty and uppity guys won't put up with it because she is one of many.
    Eh...I've known plenty of average or over weight girls who are high maintenance. They are usually the ones who gained a lot of weight after high school or college but still think they're hot ****. I've also known plenty of very attractive girls who are low maintenance and cool (unfortunately they're all married).

I suppose generalizations and stereotypes exist for a reason, but I refer not to think like that. In reality everyone is different and I'd rather just get to know someone before I judge them.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you find it rude but it's been my experience too. You won't find that many high maintenance girls who are over weight. It makes sense if you think about it. The hot skinny thing is glamorized in all the magazines and guys are attracted to them en masse. They can be that way because guys will put up with it. The average looking girl is just that - average looking. If she is just as snooty and uppity guys won't put up with it because she is one of many.
    Eh...I've known plenty of average or over weight girls who are high maintenance. They are usually the ones who gained a lot of weight after high school or college but still think they're hot ****. I've also known plenty of very attractive girls who are low maintenance and cool (unfortunately they're all married).

I suppose generalizations and stereotypes exist for a reason, but I refer not to think like that. In reality everyone is different and I'd rather just get to know someone before I judge them.

I think you are doing the wrong conditional probabilities in your mind. The probability of being high maintenance given that girl is skinny is less than the probability of not being high maintenance given that the girl is skinny. What I was refering to was the probaility of being skinny given that girl is high maintennace is greater than the probability of being average or overweight given that the girl is high maintanence.
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm a fool for a pretty face!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

^^ This exactly!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I find they are alot nicer and down to earth. Way too many hot skinny girls are difficult to get along with and hard to please.

This as well...

One of my jaded uncles once said to me

"No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her sh%t".

Not sure if that really applies to this here, but I just wanted to share it. He cracks me up!

I like that. Im so going to remember that saying.

I can't believe you never heard that one before. I've known about that saying for a while.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I suspect that the majority of the hot skinny chicks probably do NOT think of themselves as that way and have insecurities just like the rest of us. And those insecurities are probably just perceived as stuck up, high maintenance, etc. I have friends IRL of varying sizes and every single one of them has some sort of insecurity about her body. Not a stuck up one in the bunch.

Therefore, I believe perception leads to stereotypes which may have some shade of truth but more than likely involves assumptions and the stereotypers own insecurity.
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    I think you are doing the wrong conditional probabilities in your mind. The probability of being high maintenance given that girl is skinny is less than the probability of not being high maintenance given that the girl is skinny. What I was refering to was the probaility of being skinny given that girl is high maintennace is greater than the probability of being average or overweight given that the girl is high maintanence.
    I understand what you're saying, and based on all the people I've known I still don't necessarily agree. The odds of a high maintenance Girl being hot may be higher than the odds of a high maintenance girl being not hot, but probably not much greater than some people would think. I'd say it has more to do with how they were raised, how much money they had, and if their parents were still together.
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    I find they are alot nicer and down to earth. Way too many hot skinny girls are difficult to get along with and hard to please.

This as well...

One of my jaded uncles once said to me

"No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her sh%t".

Not sure if that really applies to this here, but I just wanted to share it. He cracks me up!

I like that. Im so going to remember that saying.

I can't believe you never heard that one before. I've known about that saying for a while.
    The way I've heard it was:

"Behind every hot chick is a guy that tired of fu**ing her"
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm very attractive to chubbier women.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, and a size 14, dating is definitely hard because it's mostly older men who don't mind my size and not that I'm opposed, but I haven't had great experiences with older men. Looks like I won't be dating till I'm 30. :frown:
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    Health and confidence are key. I think looks are a lot less important once you reach that point.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    they just think we're chubby.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    I actually want to know what constitutes "chubby". I'm thinking it varies with everyone.... For women does it go by size? At a 10 are you chubby?, 12? 14?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I actually want to know what constitutes "chubby". I'm thinking it varies with everyone.... For women does it go by size? At a 10 are you chubby?, 12? 14?

An article that hit me hard when I lost weight the first time was from “Fitness” about this one workout instructor who knew she had to change her life when she became so fat that she was wearing size 12. I personally don’t think size 12 is fat, but it made me cry to think that people would still consider me fat when I’d gone through such extreme effort to get down to 10/12.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

An article that hit me hard when I lost weight the first time was from “Fitness” about this one workout instructor who knew she had to change her life when she became so fat that she was wearing size 12. I personally don’t think size 12 is fat, but it made me cry to think that people would still consider me fat when I’d gone through such extreme effort to get down to 10/12.

Clothes size doesn't determine if you are fat/chubby or not. On me, I am 5'5 with a small frame, a size 12 does look BIG. As a size 8 I still feel chubby as I still have a lot of extra fat around my stomach, upper thighs and arms. But if you have someone that is 5'9 with a large frame and a size 12 would look awesome and fit and probably even look smaller then me.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Clothes size doesn't determine if you are fat/chubby or not. On me, I am 5'5 with a small frame, a size 12 does look BIG. As a size 8 I still feel chubby as I still have a lot of extra fat around my stomach, upper thighs and arms. But if you have someone that is 5'9 with a large frame and a size 12 would look awesome and fit and probably even look smaller then me.

Obviously, clothing size is not the determining factor. I think all the ladies should just send nude pics of themselves to all the guys on Single Peeps. We'll get together (eventually) and provide a list of who is chubby and who is not.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Obviously, clothing size is not the determining factor. I think all the ladies should just send nude pics of themselves to all the guys on Single Peeps. We'll get together (eventually) and provide a list of who is chubby and who is not.

:laugh: yeah right! Dream on David :laugh: :wink:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Clothes size doesn't determine if you are fat/chubby or not.

Oh definitely!
    I am chubby for sure, and I wear a size 12 and I'm 5'8. Looking at mybodygallery.com, girls that are 5'8 and a size 12 do not look like me! I am much bigger than most of them.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I know I'm chubby. But I'm working on it. I'm already more confident in how I look, even though I'm not fit yet. I'll get there. But if a guy doesn't want to get to know me, then it's his loss. I'm awesome. :tongue: