July 9 - July 15

Options
13»

Replies

• Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Millyross - What he ends up doing now is during the walking portions he turns around and walks back to meet me so we can walk together. I'm not sure what we are going to do when there is less walking but we both have head phones in anyway and don't talk much so it will work out fine.

Finished W3 D1 tonight. I was really worried about the running for 3 minutes straight but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I find I really struggle with my breathing though. Does anyone else struggle with this? I've been reading up on proper running form and breathing and I read that side stitches are common with new runners because they tend to take short, shallow chest breaths instead of deep stomach breaths. I find it difficult to take deep breaths so that is definitely something I have to consciously practice and work on.

Keep up the great work everyone! :smile:

Hi!! Glad that you were able to to complete W3D1.

I used to struggle with my breathing but, after much practice, I now have my breathing controlled. Now, when I'm tired after running, it's because of the workout and not because I'm out of breath. (That makes a BIG difference) Keep working on trying to take the deep breaths. Eventually, it will become easier and you will notice the difference it makes.

Happy trails!!

J

Thanks! It is definitely something that I need to work on and it's not something that just comes naturally. I'm glad to know that it will get easier :smile:

I was supposed to do W3D2 last night but I worked late so it will be tonight.

Have a great day everyone!