I'm a moron, and I make horrible decisions

Options

Replies

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    We've all been there! I feel your pain. Last night I went out with a guy I had GREAT chemistry with online but kinda eh in reality. We got our locations mixed up so I thought he stood me up then he turned out to be shorter than me. I get stretching the truth. But he said 5'7" and was probably 5'3"!!! Still, we still talked for several hours comfortably and I let it go further than I should have... Your 2 months is nothing compared to my draught, haha! It'll work eventually right?!

I HATE when guys lie about height......big deal for me...
    At least you had good conversation
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Jax - How can you bang someone you had zero attraction for?? I really can't get my head round that one!! :huh:

As for the lies and dating sites and meeting people that you are even remotely compatible with?? I'd say it's now 1 in 10!! I dont know why I plucked that figure out the air, but I suppose I did like 1 in 10 of the men I ever met.

Keep trying :wink:

Mental/emotional attraction doesn't have to be present for physical attraction to exist. It's much easier for men to separate that from women. (Not to say that women aren't capable of it. Just depends on the woman.)
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Too much whining! Online dating is really just one blind date after another. . You REALLY don't know what you are getting yourself into until you are sitting in front of the person having a conversation with them. That's the deal you signed up for. I had fun on every one of my 'match.com' dates, even all the ones where the girl turned out to be a complete surprise! You just roll with it. . Plan for the worst, hope for the best. .

Good luck soldier and get back in there!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You just had a bad date.......only problem is ---since things went too far---does she think there will be another date?

Bad dates happen to the best of us. But this would be my concern now....so now the question is to poof or not to poof??
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Jax - How can you bang someone you had zero attraction for?? I really can't get my head round that one!! :huh:
    Annie sex is sex sometimes people will just close their eyes and bear it for the result lol.... Remember beer googles
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Too much whining! Online dating is really just one blind date after another. . You REALLY don't know what you are getting yourself into until you are sitting in front of the person having a conversation with them. That's the deal you signed up for. I had fun on every one of my 'match.com' dates, even all the ones where the girl turned out to be a complete surprise! You just roll with it. . Plan for the worst, hope for the best. .

My feelings exactly
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You're my friend and all... but... suck it up, princess.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

“My mama always said, life was like a box a chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.” Forrest Gump
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    You just had a bad date.......only problem is ---since things went too far---does she think there will be another date?

Since you had sex, you can honestly say "you just aren't a good fit." :laugh:

No problem.
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    So you meet this chick, she is nothing like she described, she grates your ever living nerves, yet you still nail it. :laugh:

I think this link is in order... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bang (send this to her so she gets the hint)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    So you meet this chick, she is nothing like she described, she grates your ever living nerves, yet you still nail it. :laugh:

I think this link is in order... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bang (send this to her so she gets the hint)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

OMG - hilarious!

Since you had sex, you can honestly say "you just aren't a good fit." :laugh:

No problem.

<cough> Um, yeah... this is awesome!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    HC!!! WTF?? YOU aswell???????????? :laugh:

So, apart from the height disappointment, are you attracted to the guy? :huh:

It’s interesting you ask that question, Anna, because it’s been on my mind all day. Obviously I was attracted enough or things wouldn’t have gone so far. However, it was lacking that butterflies in the stomach feeling I’ve had with every other relationship. None of those worked though, so I’ve been trying to decide if it might actually be a GOOD thing to not start with that.

We have a lot in common but not everything, so that’s good. He’s attractive, in good shape, and even more active than myself. Conversation could have flowed all night. He was a gentlemen yet made all the moves…

So my thoughts are back and forth between whether I’m just not attracted because I’m missing those butterflies OR if it’s a good thing not to start with “movie love” as one of my friends called it, yet enough compatibility to enjoy each other’s company and see where it goes?! Thoughts?

I’d go out with him again but we’ll see if he calls…. I figure he’s got three days. Anything more and I’m moving on, haha…
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yes, there was humping. No, it wasn't good.

If it was good would the date have been better?

LMAO -- Good humping always makes the date better...

I don`t see how any humping can be seen as a bad date. :laugh:
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    So I went on a date last night with a young lady, who when texting asked all the right questions, had great conversation skills, and even seemed cute in her pictures.

Unfortunately she was nothing like that in person. She acted like a 14 year old hyper child, spouting off random things at random times, using horrible catch phrases and weird terms to get her point across, she also didn't indicate that she was a hippy, or that she partook in certain illegal substances. Also, on her dating profile she says that she is in the hospitality industry, and she's actually unemployed. Why, oh WHY, is it so hard to just find someone who is on a similar level as me? That doesn't have a ton of habits, and has their crap together. This is driving me insane...

I also made the additional sin of letting things go too far, way too fast. It had been like 2 months... that's an eternity for me.

You sure you're not me? I had a very similar experience on Friday night. Texting back and forth beforehand had me really excited to meet him, and then when I did, I tried to ignore the things that got on my nerves and let it go too far as well. Ugh...

I feel ya dude.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It’s interesting you ask that question, Anna, because it’s been on my mind all day. Obviously I was attracted enough or things wouldn’t have gone so far. However, it was lacking that butterflies in the stomach feeling I’ve had with every other relationship. None of those worked though, so I’ve been trying to decide if it might actually be a GOOD thing to not start with that.

We have a lot in common but not everything, so that’s good. He’s attractive, in good shape, and even more active than myself. Conversation could have flowed all night. He was a gentlemen yet made all the moves…

So my thoughts are back and forth between whether I’m just not attracted because I’m missing those butterflies OR if it’s a good thing not to start with “movie love” as one of my friends called it, yet enough compatibility to enjoy each other’s company and see where it goes?! Thoughts?

I’d go out with him again but we’ll see if he calls…. I figure he’s got three days. Anything more and I’m moving on, haha…
    It's possible those "butterflies" in your stomach will come. You are attracted to him and you guys get along. I think keeping an open mind and seeing if it works out is enough. Love isn't an engine that needs a spark to get started! lol
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You make her sound like she is crazy. And you clearly thought there was something wrong with her, but slept with her anyway. That opens up a realm of even more crazy...

You know how girls get after sex!

Anything inconvenient or bad that happens from here on is your fault... You opened up the floodgates. Good luck, friend.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Why, oh WHY, is it so hard to just find someone who is on a similar level as me? That doesn't have a ton of habits, and has their crap together. This is driving me insane...

I also made the additional sin of letting things go too far, way too fast. It had been like 2 months... that's an eternity for me.

<I removed this paragraph and sent it to Jax directly. If he wants he can post it for you>

Folks on this forum are always telling me to accept the consequences of my life decisions and how my lifestyle scares off “the great guys.” Not judging you, and I have no hard feelings toward you, but maybe you should think about whether there’s anything you are doing, any vibes you are sending out, that are running off the great women.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    HC!!! WTF?? YOU aswell???????????? :laugh:

So, apart from the height disappointment, are you attracted to the guy? :huh:

Well, I dont know the answer to this one hun. I'm usually one for immediate chemistry or nothing. The one time I did try and let it grow, because of the pre meet amble and huge expectation I'd developed on paper, it didnt grow! :laugh: I just didnt fancy him and I fancied him less as time went on!! :ohwell:

But that's not to say you can't fan a flicker into a flame! A lot of people I know have developed that way. It depends.......

Suck it and see!!?? :bigsmile:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Suck it and see!!?? :bigsmile:

:noway:
    Anna, love it when you talk dirty to us single peeps! :laugh: