date outfit question for the men

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
Consider this scenario...

You're taking a girl out on a date to a MLB baseball game. Which outfit would you rather see her in? Women, if you're reading this, which outfit would you wear?

Number one: sb34f7.jpg

or

Number two: 10mpzdg.jpg

or

Number three: dvk85x.jpg

This is in response to an article I read tonight. I am curious about which one a man would prefer.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer #1.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Any,have no preference...all are good.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'd say #2

When it comes to shirts.. less is more!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    #2 -- this one is great.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    #2 is best. But all outfits are good choices.

A good attitude matters most.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    #1, for sure!
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Can we choose other outfits? I have a thing for ladies in floral dresses (the shoes - maybe not so much).

HEYi6.jpg
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer the chick who can dress herself and isn't pandering to an assumption of what I'd like.

Edit: That or naked.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    #1 for sure, but only if she's actually a Pirate fan. It's a pet peeve of mine of people who wear jerseys (even fake "girl" ones) to games just for fashions sake. I'm sorry but all pink jerseys should be banned from games, unless it's October.

But really, I want her to wear something she's comfortable in. Baseball games are long and can be hot if it's a day game. The last thing I want is a crabby date because she dressed up and is now uncomfortable.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    #2 :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I hate the pink jerseys!

This is in response to this article: http://www.collegefashion.net/college-life/what-to-do-what-to-wear-3-outfit-ideas-for-a-baseball-game/

I don't think a dress is a good outfit for a MLB game, or a NFL game, or a NHL game - I hate when girls wear dresses and heels to sporting events. It looks like you're not even a fan. I would love number three for anything but a sporting event, you know?

But this article says, "Picture this — you’re going to dinner and a ball game for a first date. Shorts will be too casual, so what to wear, what to wear? A t-shirt dress is the perfect piece to wear for a ball game date. The breathable fabric will keep you cool, comfortable and looking cute. To add some interest and highlight your shape, synch your waist with a thin belt. Throw your hair into an effortless top knot, slip on your comfiest flats, put on a chunky necklace, sling on a cross body and you’ll be sure to turn heads at the game."

I think shorts are fine for a date...I think outfit number one or two is fine for a first date to a game. Just wanted to see what you all thought!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Those jerseys are ****e.

Number 2 FTW.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I like #2 best but both are cute! The long sleeves will be f-ing hot at an MLB game though!

ETA: I didn't realize there were three options haha, but I still pick #2. Dress is cute for a lunch date or something.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    1, then 2, then 3 in that order of preference.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I don't do "short shorts" so mine would be longer, but if I had the team shirt I'd definitely say #1. If I didn't have any team outfit I would do #2 but definitely not #3 at a sporting event. You wanna be able to jump yell shout and have a good time.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Mine would be option 2 but only wear that hat if you look good in one, then 1 but maybe more of a t-shirt then a long sleeve t-shirt. The couple dates I have been on to MLB games (it is my prefered 1st date) have been in a mix of 1 and 2 but you should never wear a dress to a ball game. One other option would be a jean skirt though if you wanted to wear a skirt.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I love the red messenger bag. Think I might have to get one of those :heart:

As for sports here, we would wear jeans and either a kit shirt, or a casual top, boots and hat n scarf. Football season is cold!! :cry:

Short shorts like those would not be worn even if it were hot though, as being a predominantly male crowd, you'd just get ogled at!

Looks like Olympic season will be cold too!!! It's been raining here for about 8 weeks..........arghhhhhh!! :sad:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Probably #1 mainly because the shoes look more comfortable to walk in. But it's really hot then go with #2. #3 would only work if you're actually going somewhere nice for dinner before, but most likely that wouldn't be the case. I'd probably just be in a t-shirt and jeans or shorts, so I wouldn't want her to feel over-dressed.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Can we choose other outfits? I have a thing for ladies in floral dresses (the shoes - maybe not so much).

HEYi6.jpg

Definitely NOT a sports day outfit!! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'd pick #2, that would be not as tom boy as number one but more base ball casual appropreate