date outfit question for the men

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I love the red messenger bag. Think I might have to get one of those :heart:

I do too but I want it in orange. (I am on an orange and puple kick right now for my wardrobe)
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    LOL .. I would wear #1, but I figured boys would like #2. So .. #2 if you are trying to impress him.

My bigger question would be .. what do YOU want to wear.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    The shorts from #1, the top from # 2, who cares about the footwear or bag?
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options

See .. the whole point of outfit #2 is the colors .. black and yellow for the team.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Depends on what's below the outfit, really.

I'd say #1 has got that "hot chick"/slutty appeal that will make all the other men think "Damn! I wish she was hanging around with me!", if you can pull it off.
    Number 3 is a bit "classier" but really seems inappropriate because of that.
    Number 2 screams I'm going to the beach.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    #2--And I have those sandals, lol.
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

See .. the whole point of outfit #2 is the colors .. black and yellow for the team.

It's a pirates game so the other 10 people in attendance are most likely only in binocular range anyway. More importantly, the shorts from # 1 show more leg and the top from # 2 shows more chest. Nuff said!
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options
    But this article says, "Picture this — you’re going to dinner and a ball game for a first date. Shorts will be too casual, so what to wear, what to wear? A t-shirt dress is the perfect piece to wear for a ball game date. The breathable fabric will keep you cool, comfortable and looking cute. To add some interest and highlight your shape, synch your waist with a thin belt. Throw your hair into an effortless top knot, slip on your comfiest flats, put on a chunky necklace, sling on a cross body and you’ll be sure to turn heads at the game."

I can't see going to a ball game as a first date. The tickets are $60 a piece, beers and stadium food are sky high and the game will last for at least 3 hours. What if you don't hit it off? Which is very likely. That is an expensive and prolonged awkward experience.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I can't see going to a ball game as a first date. The tickets are $60 a piece, beers and stadium food are sky high and the game will last for at least 3 hours. What if you don't hit it off? Which is very likely. That is an expensive and prolonged awkward experience.
    This was my first thought too, you can get tickets here for way cheaper than $60 but I get the point. A ball game is definitely more of an "event" which I would save until at least the third date. Just makes it harder to actually have a conversation and get to know each other, like going to a movie.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    But this article says, "Picture this — you’re going to dinner and a ball game for a first date. Shorts will be too casual, so what to wear, what to wear? A t-shirt dress is the perfect piece to wear for a ball game date. The breathable fabric will keep you cool, comfortable and looking cute. To add some interest and highlight your shape, synch your waist with a thin belt. Throw your hair into an effortless top knot, slip on your comfiest flats, put on a chunky necklace, sling on a cross body and you’ll be sure to turn heads at the game."

The combination of dinner and a ball game? So not a first date, in the vast majority of cases.

You can get tickets for less than $60 easily. Most stadiums will have upper level seats around $10. Or perhaps you find your way to some free tickets. Usually, when I am going to a pro sports event, it is because I found my way to some free tickets. But if you find free tickets and you are a single man, you usually want to give your extra free ticket to an established friend, not a first date.

Transportation is another issue. If there's not good public transportation to the stadium (Yankees, Mets, Cubs and Red Sox are examples of teams in cities with good public transportation), you're dealing with parking. And the logistics of parking and getting in and out of a stadium are often not the best for impressing a first date. In many regards, minor league baseball is a better bet for a first date due to lower ticket prices and better logistics due to having more sparse crowds. A big crowded event isn't the best first date in a lot of scenarios (there are exceptions).
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I like outfit #2 for a day game...but it would have a SF Giant's logo on the tank (because I already have one of those! :smokin: ) The shorts would be longer and the sandals just might be my SF Giant's flip flops.

Outfit #1 would be more appropriate for a night game...because it gets chilly in SF at night. And I'd probably have jeans on.

And for the record, to the guys that think shoes don't matter: :noway: Ummm...Yes they do.

A dress to a ball game. :laugh: That would peg you as not being a true fan. Doh.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

The combination of dinner and a ball game? So not a first date, in the vast majority of cases.

You can get tickets for less than $60 easily. Most stadiums will have upper level seats around $10. Or perhaps you find your way to some free tickets. Usually, when I am going to a pro sports event, it is because I found my way to some free tickets. But if you find free tickets and you are a single man, you usually want to give your extra free ticket to an established friend, not a first date.

Transportation is another issue. If there's not good public transportation to the stadium (Yankees, Mets, Cubs and Red Sox are examples of teams in cities with good public transportation), you're dealing with parking. And the logistics of parking and getting in and out of a stadium are often not the best for impressing a first date. In many regards, minor league baseball is a better bet for a first date due to lower ticket prices and better logistics due to having more sparse crowds. A big crowded event isn't the best first date in a lot of scenarios (there are exceptions).

Most baseball games you can get tickets for less then you would pay for a meal or a movie. This also depends on the stadium you are going to. The first date I went to Target Field our mutual friend gave us their tickets since they had season tickets and couldn't go. Usually I will go to a minor league game but that is because we have a AAA team here not a MLB team. I am going to the Indianapolis Indians (Pirates AAA) game next weekend and for $10 GA ticket you can bring a blanket and pretty much have a picnic and watch the game from the outfield. That to me would be a wonderful date.
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options

Most baseball games you can get tickets for less then you would pay for a meal or a movie. This also depends on the stadium you are going to. The first date I went to Target Field our mutual friend gave us their tickets since they had season tickets and couldn't go. Usually I will go to a minor league game but that is because we have a AAA team here not a MLB team. I am going to the Indianapolis Indians (Pirates AAA) game next weekend and for $10 GA ticket you can bring a blanket and pretty much have a picnic and watch the game from the outfield. That to me would be a wonderful date.

I guess I am just used to the Cardinals games. The lowest priced tickets I've seen are $56 each.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I guess I am just used to the Cardinals games. The lowest priced tickets I've seen are $56 each.

Try Stubhub.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    Try Stubhub.

The Cardinals are one of the most popular teams in MLB with a rabid fan base. Since 2005, the Cardinals have ranked in the Top 3 in National League attendance every season. Still, StubHub is a good suggestion. A deal might be harder to come by because the inventory is in such high demand. For a team like the Minnesota Twins, there is excess capacity and a good deal for seats is easier to come by.

To the OP-have you been asked out to a baseball game date?
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Try Stubhub.

The Cardinals are one of the most popular teams in MLB with a rabid fan base. Since 2005, the Cardinals have ranked in the Top 3 in National League attendance every season. Still, StubHub is a good suggestion. A deal might be harder to come by because the inventory is in such high demand. For a team like the Minnesota Twins, there is excess capacity and a good deal for seats is easier to come by.

To the OP-have you been asked out to a baseball game date?

I'm pretty sure you can get upper deck for the Twins for $1 right now.... however you will still pay over a hundred if you have two beers and something to eat.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I work 2 blocks from Fenway Park. Haven't been to a game in forever because I'd have to sell some blood to pay for tickets :noway:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

I work 2 blocks from Fenway Park. Haven't been to a game in forever because I'd have to sell some blood to pay for tickets :noway:

That is doable, but then what would you have left to sell to pay for the parking!

And to answer the original question, #1 easily.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you can get upper deck for the Twins for $1 right now.... however you will still pay over a hundred if you have two beers and something to eat.

A lot of the passion from playoff appearances for the Twins in 2009 and 2010 has dissipated by now. The Twins have not won a playoff game since 2004 and a playoff series since 2002.

The Red Sox have been really good for most of the past 15 years, including 2 championships. That is why tickets are so hard to get, along with the fact that Fenway Park is smaller than a lot of ballparks.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Really none cause on any date anywhere I really expect a woman to have on 4 inch heels. I don't like to see a woman wear sneakers anywhere outside of a gym or unless she's participating in an athletic event. Wearing a jersey? Negative. A ballcap? What you didn't get your hair done to go out with me? I would be offended.
    I guess #3 cause at a ballpark there is alot of walking so flats would be acceptable. But heels with flipflops in the purse is preferred.