date outfit question for the men

Options

Replies

• Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Really none cause on any date anywhere I really expect a woman to have on 4 inch heels. I don't like to see a woman wear sneakers anywhere outside of a gym or unless she's participating in an athletic event. Wearing a jersey? Negative. A ballcap? What you didn't get your hair done to go out with me? I would be offended.
    I guess #3 cause at a ballpark there is alot of walking so flats would be acceptable. But heels with flipflops in the purse is preferred.

You're not serious, are you? :noway:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    None of the above but if I had to choose then #2. I would definitely make some changes to outfit #2
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Really none cause on any date anywhere I really expect a woman to have on 4 inch heels. I don't like to see a woman wear sneakers anywhere outside of a gym or unless she's participating in an athletic event. Wearing a jersey? Negative. A ballcap? What you didn't get your hair done to go out with me? I would be offended.
    I guess #3 cause at a ballpark there is alot of walking so flats would be acceptable. But heels with flipflops in the purse is preferred.

You're not serious, are you? :noway:

Yeah I was just gonna ask if you were serious. I don't wear sneakers outside the gym and work but those black ones pictured are more like dressier sneakers more perfect for a game.

Idk to me wearing a dress to a sporting event screams "high maintenance watch out!" but I love dresses for every day life.

I saw a similar scenario posted on glamour a while ago. A girl was going on a date to an NHL game and the fashion advice columnist told her to wear a dress. In the comments all Of the posters said "say goodbye to a second date if you wear a dress to a hockey game."
  • christine24t
    Options
    I guess I am just used to the Cardinals games. The lowest priced tickets I've seen are $56 each.
    Try Stubhub.

The Cardinals are one of the most popular teams in MLB with a rabid fan base. Since 2005, the Cardinals have ranked in the Top 3 in National League attendance every season. Still, StubHub is a good suggestion. A deal might be harder to come by because the inventory is in such high demand. For a team like the Minnesota Twins, there is excess capacity and a good deal for seats is easier to come by.

To the OP-have you been asked out to a baseball game date?

No I havent been asked out in forever. I just saw this on a fashion blog I read and thought "no way does a guy want to take a girl in a dress to a baseball game does he??" so I had to check with yall to make sure I'm not crazy,
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you can get upper deck for the Twins for $1 right now.... however you will still pay over a hundred if you have two beers and something to eat.
    I work 2 blocks from Fenway Park. Haven't been to a game in forever because I'd have to sell some blood to pay for tickets :noway:

A lot of the passion from playoff appearances for the Twins in 2009 and 2010 has dissipated by now. The Twins have not won a playoff game since 2004 and a playoff series since 2002.

The Red Sox have been really good for most of the past 15 years, including 2 championships. That is why tickets are so hard to get, along with the fact that Fenway Park is smaller than a lot of ballparks.

The Twins are lucky though because they still have the honeymoon phase with Target field only being a couple years old... they still get a lot of people going to games, but that will end because they are headed to Royals status.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 for the win.

--P
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've gone to a lot of hockey games after work where I'm wearing a dress and no one that knows me would ever contest that I'm not a real hockey fan. If it were a date where I had time to plan, it'd depend upon the team. Mets game would be more like #1 and Yankees would be more like #2. I have a Mets jersey, but since I'm not a Yankees fan I wouldn't go out and specifically buy something Yankees related. When I (as a Jets fan) went to the Giants parade, I wore blue and red but not Giants merchandise. Basically, don't try to be something you're not, even if it's as silly as an outfit.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    The Twins are lucky though because they still have the honeymoon phase with Target field only being a couple years old... they still get a lot of people going to games, but that will end because they are headed to Royals status.

The Joe Mauer contract. I am sure the Twins GM is thinking about that and :grumble:

Target Field should have been an indoor park (retractable roof). An indoor stadium often makes for a better date. :smile: Imagine if the Twins were actually good. A World Series game would be played at below 32 Degrees Fahrenheit (0 Celsius).
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    No I havent been asked out in forever. I just saw this on a fashion blog I read and thought "no way does a guy want to take a girl in a dress to a baseball game does he??" so I had to check with yall to make sure I'm not crazy,

??????

You mean this was a hypothetical?

I think the least you should do now is purchase one of those outfits and ask someone out to a game, then take a pic and post it here. Minimum.

--P
  • poncho33
    Options

The Joe Mauer contract. I am sure the Twins GM is thinking about that and :grumble:

Target Field should have been an indoor park (retractable roof). An indoor stadium often makes for a better date. :smile: Imagine if the Twins were actually good. A World Series game would be played at below 32 Degrees Fahrenheit (0 Celsius).

You're correct about the roof, after the Dome fans would have never gone for an only indoor stadium, but Minnesota and retractable roof should be linked... believe it or not, they are about to make the same mistake with the new Vikings stadium (unless something changed).

Mauer is starting to come on late, but his contract is way to high for the production we get out of him. I hope they start fresh at the trade deadline... we have 0 pitching!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

You're correct about the roof, after the Dome fans would have never gone for an only indoor stadium, but Minnesota and retractable roof should be linked... believe it or not, they are about to make the same mistake with the new Vikings stadium (unless something changed).

Mauer is starting to come on late, but his contract is way to high for the production we get out of him. I hope they start fresh at the trade deadline... we have 0 pitching!!

Actually Mauer right now is playing just above value of what he is getting paid with a BA 329 (highest for a catcher in AL) and .415 OBP (highest for a catcher in AL) Frankie and Denard will probably be traded at deadline. They need to get rid of Blackburn but he has no value.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Actually Mauer right now is playing just above value of what he is getting paid with a BA 329 (highest for a catcher in AL) and .415 OBP (highest for a catcher in AL) Frankie and Denard will probably be traded at deadline. They need to get rid of Blackburn but he has no value.

I'm not sure which is worse, a post asking guys about what clothes a woman should wear to a baseball game or that very thread being hijacked to talk about the Twins. There may be more people talking about the Twins in this thread than there are at their next home game.
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    I'm not sure which is worse, a post asking guys about what clothes a woman should wear to a baseball game or that very thread being hijacked to talk about the Twins. There may be more people talking about the Twins in this thread than there are at their next home game.

LOL!!!!

Maybe we could get some pics of outfits to wear to Twins games instead of Pirates games. If the Pirates keep playing well, more men of Pittsburgh will bring girlfriends to baseball games. Baseball has been the forgotten sport in Pittsburgh for a while.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I would wear #1 but instead of the jean shorts I'd wear a cute mini jean skirt. I'd wear dressy flat sandles, do my hair and make up.
  • poncho33
    Options

I still have to say he is playing under his value... he is a top paid player in the league, actually I think in all of sports. While I love the BA and OBP, for the money he is getting I need to see 20 + Home Runs/year... I believe he just got his 6th this week. Plus he refuses to be an outspoken leader in the locker room.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I can't see going to a ball game as a first date. The tickets are $60 a piece, beers and stadium food are sky high and the game will last for at least 3 hours. What if you don't hit it off? Which is very likely. That is an expensive and prolonged awkward experience.

I loved baseball dates because there's so much "down time" where you can talk and just enough game play so that if topics get awkward you can focus on the game for a bit.

Football there's too much action and not enough down time, same with hockey. Haven't done a basketball date, but given the fast pace of the game I doubt it's good for getting to know someone.
  • christine24t
    Options
    I can't see going to a ball game as a first date. The tickets are $60 a piece, beers and stadium food are sky high and the game will last for at least 3 hours. What if you don't hit it off? Which is very likely. That is an expensive and prolonged awkward experience.

I loved baseball dates because there's so much "down time" where you can talk and just enough game play so that if topics get awkward you can focus on the game for a bit.

Football there's too much action and not enough down time, same with hockey. Haven't done a basketball date, but given the fast pace of the game I doubt it's good for getting to know someone.

I think a baseball date would be perfect!!
  • christine24t
    Options

Hey. I'm from Minnesota, it's not that cold in October!!
    ??????

You mean this was a hypothetical?

I think the least you should do now is purchase one of those outfits and ask someone out to a game, then take a pic and post it here. Minimum.

--P

Hahahahaha won't be happening but it would be a blast! But just in Twins wear not Pirates wear!
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    @Christine-Why do you think you aren't getting asked out much?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

The last time I took a date to a baseball game one of my friends got front row seats through work to a Tigers game, he brought his wife and I brought the girl I was seeing at the time. The seats were some of the best I've ever had, if I wasn't talking to her she spent most of the time looking bored and playing with her phone, I actually felt kind of bad.

I'm entertained pretty easily, and I'm perfectly happy just sitting back and watching the game. Most of the girls I know that claim how much they "love" the Tigers spend the entire game chatting and probably can't name more than three players on the team. It's just easier to avoid all the hassle and go pretend to watch the game at a bar somewhere.