Looking for a geek name for my dog

Options
13»

Replies

• poshcouture
    Options
    Name for a large black dog? Has to be Sirius!

If going for that angle, Padfoot would be better.

I'm guess I'm being dense, but I don't see how. Sirius is the dog star.

Its...one of those.. you know.. Harry Potter things *nod nod*

Exactly. Sirius in Harry Potter turns into a dog named Padfoot.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think that, if you are getting a lab, the geekiest name would be Dexter. Dexter the Lab. :)

i have a pygmy hedgehog called Dexter.

I named my Husky Dexter and my Chocolate Lab "Arwen Undómiel" <- that was actually on her Vet report lol :blushing:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I think that, if you are getting a lab, the geekiest name would be Dexter. Dexter the Lab. :)

i have a pygmy hedgehog called Dexter.

I named my Husky Dexter and my Chocolate Lab "Arwen Undómiel" <- that was actually on her Vet report lol :blushing:

alright that is isntant badass.
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    pythagoras
    Newton
    Rain Man.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Cthulhu

My cats are called Deneb, Vega and Altair (the 3 stars of the summer triangle)
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'd love a dog, and when I get one it will be male so I can name him Rory (from Doctor Who).
    Because they'll both be adorable and great companions. :)

Also, like myself Rory is a bit of a Scottish name if you like that kind of thing, and can also work for a female (as seen on the Gilmore Girls).
  • youallonsy
    youallonsy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We named our lab Chemistry
  • Tashcake
    Tashcake Posts: 13
    Options
    Codex, from The Guild?
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Tesla. You don't get much more geek than that.
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    Yoda
    Gimli
  • moechi
    moechi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Padfoot!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    So, OP what did you decide?
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    We haven't entirely decided yet! She won't be born for another 2 weeks, and we won't know until then whether she's black or yellow.

Willow if she is yellow, for sure. My husband likes Darby if she's black (Darby O'Gill being a St. Patrick's Day staple in our house and us loving all things Irish). I dunno. Still taking suggestions into account! :wink: I've gotten some great ideas, though lots are male and we will definitely be getting a female. If I could get away with Samwise for a girl, I would!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    We haven't entirely decided yet! She won't be born for another 2 weeks, and we won't know until then whether she's black or yellow.

Willow if she is yellow, for sure. My husband likes Darby if she's black (Darby O'Gill being a St. Patrick's Day staple in our house and us loving all things Irish). I dunno. Still taking suggestions into account! :wink: I've gotten some great ideas, though lots are male and we will definitely be getting a female. If I could get away with Samwise for a girl, I would!

Samwisa
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    If I could get away with Samwise for a girl, I would!

Sure you can, it can be short/long for Samantha. or you can name her Samantha, and just call her Samwise.
  • youallonsy
    youallonsy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    this site gives the Elvish translation of names.

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish/girlnames.html

for example Dana translates to Erunanethiel (Air-oo-nahn-ehth-ee-ell)

here is another site cannot guarantee they are authorized by the EPA (elvish preservation association)

http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well, we circled through our geek name list and went back to Irish. We're going to name her Finley (Finn). She's due to be born next week! :happy: Thanks again for all of the ideas that helped us to brainstorm!