why are you single?

Options

Replies

• SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I'm single because:

*I just recently became single in May.

*I am picky, and I refuse to settle. Again.

I am not a dater either really. I'm a relationship type person and do not even make it to a first date if I don't feel the vibes. First dates usually turn into second and third dates for me, but after that, if I don't see a future, I'm out.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    A few reasons

I find it hard to let people in emotionally.
    I have trust issues.
    I don't meet anyone, because i never go out.
    I have no gaydar, so i never try to talk to guys in fear they might get offended plus the whole rejection thing.

There could possibly be more reasons.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've spent years working on improving myself to the point of feeling like I can be a part of a healthy relationship. Finally, I love where I am at in life and mostly feel comfortable in my own skin. I am heavily invested in my career, which takes up a lot of my time, and I honestly don't really meet new people that often.

My standards have risen, also - mostly around wanting someone who is not a crazy-a** b****. Bummer.

So where is the drop-dead gorgeous international model from Russia with two PhDs who loves dogs and can knock a mofo out with a left hook?

Edit: [single for over 5 years!]
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Dating is great, new people new experiences, all your stories and moves are new lol
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Cause the judge.said "this divorce is granted". Such sweet words!
  • Ihiso7
    Ihiso7 Posts: 13
    Options
    Cause the judge.said "this divorce is granted". Such sweet words!

Agreed! Such sweet sweet words!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I stopped looking. Contrary to popular belief, that does not cause Mr. Right to ride up on his white horse.

LOL, same here!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Because I want to love myself completely and be a catch for him too. It is a partnership, after all. I want us as a couple to be able to run the freaking world on sheer awesomeness :-)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm not into the dating aspect so it seems to never go anywhere

And

I seriously believe for whatever reason I am not approachable. If a guy tries to talk to me, it's always the usual perv talk, staring at me, bluntly saying disrespectful comments about how I look, etc. I have never been approached by a guy who has the decency to at least say "Hello, how are you?" followed by a decent conversation before asking me out for coffee/tea/dinner or something.

And

I think Im jinxed...
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    This is something that I've thought over for a long time. I used to blame everyone else...the "guys don't accept me" and "I'm not pretty" mumbo jumbo that we've all thought at one time or another. Then I realized that, aside from some issues with an ex, I really was not comfortable in my own skin. And I think that came across when I would meet guys. It took me a good 7 years to accept that and build myself back up from all the years I tore myself down. I dipped my toes back in the water last year and realized I wasn't quite ready to be in a relationship. I'm still getting over the "unknown" factors, but I'm dealing with them as they come up.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I'm unwilling to put myself out there. I've learned that perhaps, for now, I'm just not ready or willing to do what it takes to be successful in a relationship...maybe SOME day and hopefully Mr.Right won't give up on me, haha...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Because a guy has never liked me in the same way I've liked him.

this has been the case for me a few times lol . dont feel bad.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to be interested enough in strangers on the internet. My cats are way more interesting.

Because I am having a particularly drawn out bought of anxiety. I prefer to keep my current socialization's to people that I'm already VERY comfortable with or just spend more time reading/playing video games/fitness focuses.

Most of the people that I am in love with are fictional characters.

I am a character of extremes.

I know what I'm looking for.

The list goes on.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    I'm single because I haven't found "EPIC" yet.

I've met plenty of guys that would take me off the market, but I want to find that "one". Some days I feel like I might have found it....
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    A few reasons

I find it hard to let people in emotionally.
    I have trust issues.
    I don't meet anyone, because i never go out.
    I have no gaydar, so i never try to talk to guys in fear they might get offended plus the whole rejection thing.

There could possibly be more reasons.

I'd say for me, it's all of the above (except for the gaydar thing :laugh: ) and the fact that I'm still in the process of trying to love myself. Not quite there yet, but I do like myself more, so at least I'm heading in the right direction.

I'm honestly only dating now so that when the timing and person IS right, I will have gotten most of the crap experiences out of my way and will be able to distinguish the good from the bad.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to be interested enough in strangers on the internet. My cats are way more interesting.

i wasnt being specific to online dating.
    i have been looking in real life and still cant find someone i'd like to get serious with.
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I'm always right. I talk to myself because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I'm always right. I talk to myself because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.

:laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

i wasnt being specific to online dating.
    i have been looking in real life and still cant find someone i'd like to get serious with.

I guess that's why my other reasons weren't internet specific were they? ;)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm single because I don't have time for a boyfriend.

Or the emotional capacity. I'm still learning to love myself, I can't do that and try to give my all to another person.