Why the rapid weight loss on Low Carb ( Induction ) stops

Options

Replies

• happydance1978
    happydance1978 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    THIS POST JUST ROCKED MY WORLD! yeh! Thank you. It broke it all down and just motivated the heck out of me. THANK YOU!
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I agree, this would be perfect for the Launch Pad!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Good explanation, thanks!

I recently bought 4 boxes of Atkins bars when they were BOGO. I loved them, but they were the first low-carb/fake-sweetener food I tried that totally bothered my digestive system. No more for me. They were tasty though!
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What happens if I don't/didn't lose a lot of weight the first week or 2? Does it mean I did not use all of my glycogen stores? And does it that I am still not in ketosis 5 weeks later, despite keeping my carbs below 30 (usually closer to 20)? Yikes!
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    aleshai wrote: »
    Thank you for posting this!! I didn't even experience rapid weight loss in induction but it does help to hear about the slow loss.

I didn't either! Nice to hear I am not alone.....Now, I don't feel so abnormal
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post! :)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @aleshai & @ saltysailors: In same boat, did not experience rapid weight loss in induction.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Bump again
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post to read! So much great information!! :)
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    LowcarbNY wrote: »
    -snip-
    1 lb of fat has 3500 calories. 1 lb of glycogen/water has 500 calories. Everything else being the same (calorie deficit wise) you'll be losing weight at 1/7th the rate while burning fat as when you were burning glycogen. If you lost 7 lbs in your 1st week on induction it is not a surprise at all that you'll lose 1 lb/week by your 2nd or 3rd week. ONE POUND A WEEK IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not a failure. It is success.
    A ha! Thanks!

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    @LowcarbNY Great post!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Bump for a great post that we all should read
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Good explanation, thanks!

I recently bought 4 boxes of Atkins bars when they were BOGO. I loved them, but they were the first low-carb/fake-sweetener food I tried that totally bothered my digestive system. No more for me. They were tasty though!

I've heard them called, er, Sorebuttal bars.

LOL!
    For me it was stomach pain, nausea and reflux.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Nausea, tummy pains and butt pee... those bars are made out of evil itself.
  • bluebell67
    bluebell67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This has been so useful. Today is day 4 for me so to have this information now is just brilliant. Thank you so much for this post. :D