Why the rapid weight loss on Low Carb ( Induction ) stops

Options

Replies

• rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good post then there are others like me who did not lose even one pound of any kind of weight for the first 42 days of eating LCHF but did lose inches. We all can respond differently.

It was only when I stopped dieting to lose weight did my health recovery start. As often in the case of autoimmune diseases or obesity it starts with a leaking gut syndrome which I am sure was a fact in my case. It only took 30 days for my pain to become well managed but 180 days for my IBS symptoms to fully resolve and stay that way.

this may be why I weight loss slowed being that I have RA and like you have lost inches. how did you resolve leaky gut? Also have you tried Glutamine-L?
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this before but great post! On the Atkins bars/shakes. Oddly enough those are the only brand that, to me, taste good and DON'T bother my stomach in any way.
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Very good post...I appreciate the enlightenment!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This post is AWESOME and was very timely, for I am stuck!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad I saw this post! I am on day one of round two of PSMF, and I needed this information!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    rugged1529 wrote: »
    Good post then there are others like me who did not lose even one pound of any kind of weight for the first 42 days of eating LCHF but did lose inches. We all can respond differently.

It was only when I stopped dieting to lose weight did my health recovery start. As often in the case of autoimmune diseases or obesity it starts with a leaking gut syndrome which I am sure was a fact in my case. It only took 30 days for my pain to become well managed but 180 days for my IBS symptoms to fully resolve and stay that way.

this may be why I weight loss slowed being that I have RA and like you have lost inches. how did you resolve leaky gut? Also have you tried Glutamine-L?

@rugged1529 all I did was go LCHF which automatically occurred when I cut out sugar and all forms of all grains Oct 2014. It was about six months later when I realized the IBS of 40 years had left. Not sure when it actually happened. I still do 2-5 tablespoons of coconut oil in my first cup of coffee daily plus eat a cup or two of coconut flakes through out the day.

amymyersmd.com/2017/01/understanding-true-cause-autoimmune-disease/

https://youtu.be/-6cmpA7-Fh0

Dr. Amy Myers is not a name that I remember but I want to hear more of her work and teachings.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    doggerland wrote: »
    I am SO glad I saw this post! I am on day one of round two of PSMF, and I needed this information!

Thanks for teaching me something new today @doggerland

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4784653/
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This needs to be a sticky!!!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    doggerland wrote: »

Thanks for teaching me something new today @doggerland

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4784653/

Sure! It's hard, and I always recommend doctor supervision, but it works for me.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this. Thank you so much!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    This needs to be a sticky!!!

Well we can't have any more stickies. But "Open Threads" already has this post linked within, and it IS a sticky. :smile:
    "Open Threads" is an info GOLDMINE, IMO.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    One of the good ones. YES, I'm bumping stuff.

1. because we've gotten about 1,000 new users in the past month or so and...
    2. because I've lowered my own carbs "for reals" because I'm ready to shed the menopounds and gonna do it via a lower carb approach (rather than my 16+ years of super successful SLOW carbing).

cheers
  • MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I have been in Ketosis for 120 days now the first 3 months I lost on average 7lbs a month. For the last 1-1.5 months I have noticed this new trend where I bob up and down with my weight and really havent lost anything. However the scale says ive lost nothing (or gained) but I have lost 7 inches?! THIS confuses me lol! I have even taken pictures and you can SEE a difference but I weight the same exact number I did in the last pic?! Really if anyone can explain the whys of this it be helpful :)! Im not giving up or tossing in the towel im just really confused is all.

This has happened to me too when I've lost weight. The way I see it... you are losing real weight/fat that you thought you lost the first weeks, which was really just water weight. So, the number on the scale stays the same, because now your body's fat loss is catching up with the false number water weight shows on the scale.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone will post the bit about white fat to brown fat conversion. I've read about it. It is a possibility. Not something I necessarily think explains why bodies shrink without weight loss (without exercise/recomp). Do a google search on white fat brown fat for some info.
  • amyrising
    amyrising Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This was just what I needed to read! Thank you!
  • amyrising
    amyrising Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This was just what I needed to read! Thank you!