Replies

• ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    thanks supermom
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Another week gone by... I have thrown my scale in the garbage (metaphorically) so I can't report weight loss BUT I lost 2.5 inches!! Maybe that Jillian really does know what she is talking about...
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    well done CL!

Well, I have maintained weight wise (although there are quite a few factors I can think of that might give me a false reading) and all my measurements have maintained other than half an inch off my bicep. I've had a very rocky week though so I'm actually pleased with that.

This weekend is also going to be a bad one because I have a 50th and a wedding, so even if I eat well enough, the alcohol will surely send me over. Never mind, I won't go over my maintenance calories so even if I've only maintained next week, so be it, better than gaining. After that I'll have a long haul with no drinking or anything and I wanted to be within my healthy BMI by the time I went back to uni in four weeks, but I don't think that's going to happen, I'm 11lbs above that at the moment so probably not realistic or sustainable to try and do 11lbs in four weeks?

Might change my first interim goal so suit the circumstances and work towards it a bit slower than planned.

Well done ladies for sticking at the shred, I'm exactly half way now so couldn't be more pleased!!!
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Dur, once again I got my weight wrong. Last time I was 182.04lbs, and this time i was 182 clean. I just had forgotten about that extra 0.4 because my ticker had taken me to 8lbs lost when really it was 7.6lbs. So, there has been a bit of loss which is ace considering the week I've had :)

CL, just re-read your post regarding gaining 2lbs, and it could be that as you get a bit further in, or maybe even once you've finished, you drop a chunk of weight, you definitely can't have gained 2lbs of fat eating at a deficit, so it's got to be something else, inflammation, water for some other reason, possibly muscle. I know they all say on here you can't build muscle at a calorie deficit, but these are people with low body fat percentages, they wouldn't gain muscle at a deficit, but if you have plenty of body fat to metabolise, of course you can building muscle tissue, not as fast as using raw protein in your diet, but you can do it.

I know one thing for sure, if you progressively overload a muscle, it has to build strength from that, and part of strength is muscle bulk, so your body must find a way to do that even on a deficit, if it didn't there'd be no point exercising until you're at the right weight.
  • chezileigh
    Options
    I lost 1/4 of a pound, which seems like nothing, but it's the first weigh in I've been below 13st, which is what I've been after for a long time, it's major motivation to keep at it.

I've also lost a blumming inch off my waist, which is totes amazeballs!!!!!! Sorry had to get that in somewhere xxx