Happy August - What's for Lunch?

Options
13»

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1/2 day at work today, so no lunch hour for me.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Brown rice, stir fry veggies, chicken and teriyaki sauce. Ive been bringing it a lot lately bc its so quick to throw together, I tried to mix it up today with a different sauce than usual.

Btw, does anyone know if there is/is going to be a group for September?
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Today was surprise, surprise another salad day. I seem to be stuck in a rut. I need some new ideas. I had lettuce, diced ham, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, green pepper with ranch dressing.

I would like to see a group again next month. I would love to continue to see what others pack for lunch.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Have you tried making an asian style salad? I use bagged coleslaw mix, green onions, mandarin oranges, chicken, and slivered almonds.

Today I'm having a turkey and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomato and pesto mayonnaise on Ezekiel bread.
  • jenready
    Options
    That salad sounds good, I might have to give it a try. I really like salads and have a craving for them sometimes but I guess I don't get too adventerous with them. I should branch out and try some new toppings at least.

I knew today was going to be a busy day at work so I planned a lunch made of snacks. I have some wheat thins veggie crackers, grapes, an orange and pumpkin seeds. Not sure if I'm even hungry enough to eat all of that but I have it just in case.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    I'm looking forward to lunch today. I made a taco salad: shredded lettuce, cilantro, green onions, black olives, jalapeno, morningstar farms "Beef" crumbles seasoned with taco seasoning, light sour cream and salsa. YUM!
  • jenready
    Options
    Your taco salad sounds delish! I brought another salad to work today; lettuce, shredded carrots, green peppers and ranch. I cheated a little though, the cafeteria had garden vegetable soup today so I had a bowl of that along with my salad.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    Brown rice, stir fry veggies and chicken. That seems to be my go-to when I'm too lazy to make anything different.

Its already August 30! Just one more day and we did it!
  • jenready
    Options
    Today is a ham sandwich on wheat bread with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, miracle whip and red onion. I also have a small bag of sun chips harcest cheddar to eat with lunch or probably later as a snack.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    Options
    PB&J today. Boring!
  • jenready
    Options
    Kind of a boring day for both of us. I had another ham sandwich for lunch.