Chick-Fila

Options

Replies

• lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yep, and for better or worse, the whole issue brought to light an entire breed of nasty people who used it to declare their bigotry by stuffing their faces with MSG-laden fast food chicken..

So if I eat a chicken biscuit I am a bigot? Good to know.

Let me know what you eat so I can label you without knowing anything about you.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    No one said that everyone who eats Chick-Fil-A is a bigot, Lour441. Only that some of the people who went out of their way to show their support for Cathy by eating Chick-Fil-A on that one day last month are bigots. From the reports I read, that is an indisputable fact.

But if you want to be insulted when none was intended, feel free!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yep, and for better or worse, the whole issue brought to light an entire breed of nasty people who used it to declare their bigotry by stuffing their faces with MSG-laden fast food chicken..

someone sounds bitter

Funny, I was just thinking "someone sounds *****y" when I read your reply.
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    All I know is that this whole Chik-fil-a thing opened my eyes to kind of people in my personal life and changed my opinion of them.

I ended up deleting a couple who posted extremely offensive anti-gay/pro-chik-fil-a stuff. A few old classmates and many cousins, some things said were so offensive to me that I couldn't keep them around any longer.

I (thankfully) didn't have anyone I know PERSONALLY (as in, friends or family or anything) who said anything like that, but I definitely saw stuff like that blasted all over friend's pages from their friends/family. Saw some pretty heated arguments. One person I knew even had her entire family delete her and leave some pretty harsh stuff on her page simply because she said she was no longer going to support a company like that. I have so many people "hidden" on Facebook, so for all I know, they could have been spewing hate on there, but I didn't see it. I definitely understand how you feel, though--I've had to delete quite a number of people due to racist remarks. It's one thing to put it on your own page...but when people start commenting on MY stuff or leaving racist remarks/photos/"jokes" on my page, then yeah...access to my page will then be blocked. :tongue:

Thankfully, I didn't have any of that either.... and I have friends from all walks of life, political/religious leanings... There is one person though that I restricted some of her posts to only "important" events so I wouldn't see her political ones... and it wasn't so much her political posts as her friends would all attack me for my opinions... so rather than be tempted to chime in, I just filtered those out... she has a daughter the same age as mine, so I like seeing "those" updates.... anyway... that's what I think is wrong with this country... not that people have differing opinions on things, but the lack of tolerance for the different opinions. I don't agree with many people here in this forum or even in real life... but that doesn't mean that I hate anyone for their opinions, beliefs, life style choices, parenting choices... whatever.... but we (as a society) have gotten to a point where disagreement of something automatically means you are a bigot or hate such and such group... when that isn't always true.

I agree, it isn't always true. It's one thing to disagree, but there's only so much hate from people I can stomach. :frown:
  • KimmyEB
    Options

So if I eat a chicken biscuit I am a bigot? Good to know.

Let me know what you eat so I can label you without knowing anything about you.

I'm not her, but I really don't think she means that people who have ever eaten at Chick-Fil-A are bigots. I think her post was about the extremely crazy people who purposely ate at Chick-Fil-A that one day just to prove a point. The crazies with the signs, or the ones creating insane Facebook posts, etc.
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options

someone sounds bitter

well I guess that makes 2 of us then
  • KimmyEB
    Options

someone sounds bitter

well I guess that makes 2 of us then

Aw.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    No one said that everyone who eats Chick-Fil-A is a bigot, Lour441. Only that some of the people who went out of their way to show their support for Cathy by eating Chick-Fil-A on that one day last month are bigots. From the reports I read, that is an indisputable fact.

But if you want to be insulted when none was intended, feel free!

heh heh I don't feel insulted. I was just trying to set some bait.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Ohhh lawdy :sick: :smile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    All I know is that this whole Chik-fil-a thing opened my eyes to kind of people in my personal life and changed my opinion of them.

I ended up deleting a couple who posted extremely offensive anti-gay/pro-chik-fil-a stuff. A few old classmates and many cousins, some things said were so offensive to me that I couldn't keep them around any longer.

I (thankfully) didn't have anyone I know PERSONALLY (as in, friends or family or anything) who said anything like that, but I definitely saw stuff like that blasted all over friend's pages from their friends/family. Saw some pretty heated arguments. One person I knew even had her entire family delete her and leave some pretty harsh stuff on her page simply because she said she was no longer going to support a company like that. I have so many people "hidden" on Facebook, so for all I know, they could have been spewing hate on there, but I didn't see it. I definitely understand how you feel, though--I've had to delete quite a number of people due to racist remarks. It's one thing to put it on your own page...but when people start commenting on MY stuff or leaving racist remarks/photos/"jokes" on my page, then yeah...access to my page will then be blocked. :tongue:

Thankfully, I didn't have any of that either.... and I have friends from all walks of life, political/religious leanings... There is one person though that I restricted some of her posts to only "important" events so I wouldn't see her political ones... and it wasn't so much her political posts as her friends would all attack me for my opinions... so rather than be tempted to chime in, I just filtered those out... she has a daughter the same age as mine, so I like seeing "those" updates.... anyway... that's what I think is wrong with this country... not that people have differing opinions on things, but the lack of tolerance for the different opinions. I don't agree with many people here in this forum or even in real life... but that doesn't mean that I hate anyone for their opinions, beliefs, life style choices, parenting choices... whatever.... but we (as a society) have gotten to a point where disagreement of something automatically means you are a bigot or hate such and such group... when that isn't always true.

I agree, it isn't always true. It's one thing to disagree, but there's only so much hate from people I can stomach. :frown:

That is exactly it. I don't delete people when I disagree with them and I respect their opinions but when they are saying just pure hateful things about the lifestyle of people like me, then I no long feel the need to listen to what they have to say. One guy I know said, "I'm going to Chik-fil-a tonight to get some God-loving Chicken and to stand up against the *kitten* that are ruining this world with their sickness."

That's just plain ignorant. And these are all people that I went to a Christian church and school with for years. And they all wonder why I don't want anything to do with a place that teaches that kind of hate.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I agree... and I understand that sentiment... I just hate getting lumped in with "haters and bigots" when I'm not really.... It makes me not want to have a decent conversation with people about things... then I start walking around my house, yelling at imaginary people because I have an opinion on an issue and I don't want to voice it out of fear of being labled a bigot when I'm really just disagreeing an a tolerant manner... :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    Options

That is exactly it. I don't delete people when I disagree with them and I respect their opinions but when they are saying just pure hateful things about the lifestyle of people like me, then I no long feel the need to listen to what they have to say. One guy I know said, "I'm going to Chik-fil-a tonight to get some God-loving Chicken and to stand up against the *kitten* that are ruining this world with their sickness."

That's just plain ignorant. And these are all people that I went to a Christian church and school with for years. And they all wonder why I don't want anything to do with a place that teaches that kind of hate.

Wow!! I knew people that went to show their "support" of CFA (I didn't because I thought it was stupid... though I did go later that week, but it was because I wanted CFA after hearing all the talk about the "protest" not because I was taking a stand for/against something)... but I have never heard anyone put it so.... "eloquently".... wow.... yeah. I wouldn't even know what to say to that person.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Exactly! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Surprise, surprise.

The company that wants to aggressively continue its expansion onto college campuses is making the choice to no longer fund anti-gay groups. Right decision for the wrong reason (imo), but I'll take it.

I guess Jesus isn't as important as their bottom line.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Hmmm, doesn't sound very "Jesusly" of them. Makes me wonder if they were really Christians to begin with. Dag namit. Now I want some waffle fries. I wonder if they make sweet potatoe waffle fries....
  • KimmyEB
    Options

I agree... and I understand that sentiment... I just hate getting lumped in with "haters and bigots" when I'm not really.... It makes me not want to have a decent conversation with people about things... then I start walking around my house, yelling at imaginary people because I have an opinion on an issue and I don't want to voice it out of fear of being labled a bigot when I'm really just disagreeing an a tolerant manner... :laugh:

Well, if it's any consolation, I've never thought of you as a hater or a bigot. :flowerforyou: I've always enjoyed your posts, even if we don't agree on every topic!:smile:

Gilbrod--Alexia brand makes frozen sweet potato waffle fries. IMO, they're quiet delicious. :tongue:
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Well, if it's any consolation, I've never thought of you as a hater or a bigot. :flowerforyou: I've always enjoyed your posts, even if we don't agree on every topic!:smile:

Gilbrod--Alexia brand makes frozen sweet potato waffle fries. IMO, they're quiet delicious. :tongue:

Hahaha... Thanks.. :flowerforyou:
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Hmmm, doesn't sound very "Jesusly" of them. Makes me wonder if they were really Christians to begin with. Dag namit. Now I want some waffle fries. I wonder if they make sweet potatoe waffle fries....

People like that make me wonder the same thing.... I don't remember Christ condemning anyone (otherwise he would have been throwing stones at the adulterer)... but maybe my version of the Bible is different or something.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My family eats it, I don't anymore. But it's kind of easy to boycott something that has nothing particularly low carb friendly anyway!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

OK Kimmey. You are now, my new friend. I found them at my local supermarket. They were good. They even had some kick to em. Even better. I will be going out and buying a crapload of them now. All in moderation. I also saw that Ore Ida makes em.