Chick-Fila

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Gilbrod--Alexia brand makes frozen sweet potato waffle fries. IMO, they're quiet delicious. :tongue:

OK Kimmey. You are now, my new friend. I found them at my local supermarket. They were good. They even had some kick to em. Even better. I will be going out and buying a crapload of them now. All in moderation. I also saw that Ore Ida makes em.

Yeah, I like the seasoning on 'em. I'm usually not a fan of fries of any kind, because I find them to be bland. But everything I've had by the Alexia brand has been pretty damn good! :glasses: Whodathunk, French fries can help build friendships.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    A Big Loophole? Chick-fil-A Is Already Raising Questionable Money

President Dan Cathy tweeted a photo this week from a Chick-fil-A backed fundraiser for a group once described as antigay by an investigation of the company's giving.
    BY Lucas Grindley
    September 20 2012 12:00 PM ET

Although Chick-fil-A supposedly assured a Chicago alderman that it would stop donating to antigay groups, this week it held a fundraiser for one anyway.

The fast food chain promised in a letter to Alderman Proco "Joe" Moreno, reported by the Chicago Phoenix, that it would end giving to any groups with "political agendas," implying it had stopped a practice that had led to about $5 million for antigay groups. But there might be a loophole.

Although the company's foundation might not be donating directly, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy tweeted a photo on Tuesday from the 2012 WinShape Ride for the Family. He wrote alongside the picture of a pack of motorcyclists: "WinShape Ride for the Family bikers locked and loaded for 200 mile ride to Wilmington out of Charleston."

That long ride is a fundraiser for an organization that helps lobby against marriage equality. Registration forms for the event ask that checks be sent, not to the WinShape Foundation that Chick-fil-A operates, but directly to the Marriage and Family Foundation at 5200 Buffington Road in Atlanta, Ga. . . .

http://www.advocate.com/business/2012/09/20/chick-fil-raising-money-very-week-anti-marriage-equality-group

Never trust the word of someone who spends half their time assuring you how religious they are.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee assured his Facebook fans that Chick-fil-A is as bigoted as ever.

“I talked earlier today personally with Dan Cathy, CEO of Chick fil-A about the new reports that Chick fil-A had capitulated to demands of the supporters of same sex marriage,” Huckabee writes. “This is not true.” Cathy issued a statement that Huckabee posted on his website:

"There continues to be erroneous implications in the media that Chick-fil-A changed our practices and priorities in order to obtain permission for a new restaurant in Chicago. That is incorrect. Chick-fil-A made no such concessions, and we remain true to who we are and who we have been."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/09/22/chick_fil_a_gay_marriage_ceo_dan_cathy_tells_mike_huckabee_nothing_changed_at_company.html