Week 5 starting August 6th

Options
Any one else going into the dreaded week 5 this upcoming week? Let me know, and we'll tackle this one together :)

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Monday morning 6:00am will be the start of Week 5 for me!
  • Mundy86
    Mundy86 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Starting it tonight after my first weekend back at work from maturnity leave. Not looking foreword to it after 2 12 hr shifts. Only oncedid I make it for the full 5 min both times one week 4. It was close but it does not count. Figured I would give it a shot and if I need to I can repeat. Let's do this!!
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think I may repeat week 5. Well... maybe day 2 for a few days.... The 2nd 8 min run gives me trouble. I tried day 3 and I'm just not ready to run 25 min at once.
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm excited but scared! I am mostly hoping the weather is not so hot and humid as it has been. Friend request sent!
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see how everyone does! Istone03 - isn't it 20 min not 25?????
  • mumi
    mumi Posts: 24
    Options
    Just finished week 5 run 2!!! Felt pretty good. Good luck to all those who are yet to start week 5, you CAN do this:)
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    Just finished week 5 run 2!!! Felt pretty good. Good luck to all those who are yet to start week 5, you CAN do this:)

Way to go!!!
  • cobracars
    Options
    Can't wait to see how everyone does! Istone03 - isn't it 20 min not 25?????

I wonder if different apps have different times?

MIne says:
    W5D1 three 5 minute runs
    W5D2 8 minutes 5 minutes 8 minutes
    W5D3 20 minutes
  • Mundy86
    Mundy86 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    W5D1 finished. First 5 min run was easy. First time I looked down at my watch was 30 sec till the walking. Surprised me. Heck yeah. May be W5D3 is not to far out of reach.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Doing W5D1 today after work. Eep!
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Starting W5 next week!!! Feel free to friend me!!
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 2 of Week 5 yesterday. I thought there were three runs instead of just two 8 min runs so I ended up running after the "cool down" ended. I'll probably be doing day 3 tonight or tomorrow night.
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great!

I tackled day one early this morning, with no problems. Such a long way from a week ago, when I was frustrated and struggling with the 5 min segments.

fjrandol - you got this....just take it slow :)
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    W5D1 finished. First 5 min run was easy. First time I looked down at my watch was 30 sec till the walking. Surprised me. Heck yeah. May be W5D3 is not to far out of reach.

WAY TO GO MUNDY!!
  • hungryshay
    hungryshay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 this morning. It was surprisingly easy! My day 3 shows Warmup 5:00, jog 8:00, walk 2:00, jog 10:00, walk 2:00. I use the C25K app on iPhone called Run 5K by Lucius Kwon and Kasten Searles.
  • Takarameri
    Options
    I did W5D2 this morning. It was surprisingly easy! My day 3 shows Warmup 5:00, jog 8:00, walk 2:00, jog 10:00, walk 2:00. I use the C25K app on iPhone called Run 5K by Lucius Kwon and Kasten Searles.

That's weird! W5D3 is supposed to be the 20 minute run.
  • hungryshay
    hungryshay Posts: 40 Member
    Options

On my app W6D3 is the 20 minute run.
  • Takarameri
    Options

On my app W6D3 is the 20 minute run.

Out of curiosity, how weeks is the program on your app?
  • kimpossible471
    Options
    Day two of week 5 tomorrow. Two 8 min runs doesn't seem tooo scary...
  • cobracars
    Options
    I may have screwed myself for tomorrow morning....I just got home from a 45 minute bike ride on the Prairie Path

8 minutes? Only twice? HA! Piece of cake ! We definitely have this whipped!