La Vuelta Challenge 2012 - The third Grand Tour

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Right - that's the mileage thread set up and stickied ready for tomorrow.

So - checklist time...

Teams Organised - check
    Race Numbers Issued - check
    Mileage Thread Opened and ready for business - check
    Rain Lashing down and Wind Howling - check :sad:
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    So sorry about the lousy weather! We have acceptable weather but I am suck in meetings all day... Bleah.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    it seems to come as a "package deal" - start one of these challenges and a big bundle of Mahoosive Black Clouds get delivered ready for the start day! Looking like I'm gonna have to stock up on rule #5 and #9...
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What happened? I thought I signed on to do this as #314. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the next monthly challenge.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    What happened? I thought I signed on to do this as #314. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the next monthly challenge.

You did, it's half way down page 2 - you were querying the GPS doohickeys and I answered saying it was fine... unfortunately, I think someone must have copied the list of riders from above your post, and missed you out. I'll drop you in as 314a - no problemo... (it all got a little fraught yesterday afternoon with people getting dragged in from all corners of the board, and rolling their own numbers etc...)

7802608604_c5ea083655_o.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Challenge is open for business everyone - good luck, and don't forget, the "other" thread is for ride details ONLY - any discussion or questions about the running etc. remains in here...
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    May have to take a day off soon. I'm feeling pretty tired.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    May have to take a day off soon. I'm feeling pretty tired.

I'm definitely on a rest day tomorrow (20th) bit of a hard-ride for me today, and the knee is feeling just a little tender
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I may wait until later in the week then. While I can't make up for the absence of 309, I can try...
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I suck. I haven't biked all weekend. Or burned any calories, otherwise. Too tired and too stressed over the new semester starting and then I wake up with a sore throat this morning. ARGH. I did drive the team car behind my husband as he did the 9 mile climb today. He should have a lot of elevation meters (esp. per mile!). Plus, we had thundershowers all after noon. <moan>

Fall semester starts tomorrow... Shoot me.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Fall semester starts tomorrow... Shoot me.

Our 'little darlings' aren't back for another fortnight yet - shoot me anyway :lol:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I may wait until later in the week then. While I can't make up for the absence of 309, I can try...

I was scheduled to have a rest day on 19th, but it was a 182km day, and today was a bit shorter at 155km, so decided to pull a "4 day block" and have a complete rest day today instead... I Should be back on the bike tomorrow though :wink:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I'm off the bike completely for the 23rd, 24th and the 25th, so I'm hoping to put some miles in the bank yet today!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Like I said, I'm off the bike completely for the 23rd, 24th and the 25th, so I'm hoping to put some miles in the bank yet today!

Anything is better than nothing Stu :wink:
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get my commute in today due to "unseasonable weather" so snuck an hour in after work instead, kept it mainly flat to get my average speed up as this is where my weakness was on the Tour De France Challenge :ohwell:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/212950148
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Couldn't get my commute in today due to "unseasonable weather" so snuck an hour in after work instead, kept it mainly flat to get my average speed up as this is where my weakness was on the Tour De France Challenge :ohwell:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/212950148

Nice average :wink:
  • StuAblett
    Options

Anything is better than nothing Stu :wink:

Yep did 32Km on a nice cool lonely (as in few cars!) night ride, I like these night rides!! I think I might be part vampire:laugh: Since my skin cancer thing I'm not that down on being out in the brutal hot sun for 8+ hours at a time, I'd rather do it in the dark! :drinker:
  • StuAblett
    Options
    Hey Yin, I was wondering if you have any kind of running totals for us....?

How are we doing?

Cheers!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hey Yin, I was wondering if you have any kind of running totals for us....?

How are we doing?

Cheers!

I normally try and get a summary sheet out each week - but as a quick update, and subject to lots of people not posting (even though I've asked if they can post "nulls" if there's no ride on a day, just so I can complete things, I've got a couple of figures for general consumption.

team #1 have currently hit the individual daily Km total for the first 3 days riding - and have clocked up a cumulative distance that sees them nearly at the finish of stage #7. That's with at least 6 undeclared rides to be added in.

Team #2 aren't quite on top of things at the moment - currently they've hit days 1 and 3 distance, but are about 80km short for stage #2. Cumulative Km's are looking a little better however, as with 3 days worth of riding in, they're half way through stage 5's cumulative distance. They do have scope to improve their standings however, as there are 13 undeclared rides up to the end of stage 3.

Jerseys - well - #311's in virtual Red at the moment, #316 is back in his usual points jersey, and #311 has also the "horrible blue spotty" KoM shirt, though #307 will have to carry that for him - he can't wear both jerseys at once :wink: I hasten to add, all the "jerseys" are "virtual" at the moment - as there are lots of undeclared rides in there - who knows - someone could have spent the weekend in the Alps riding hill repeats on Alpe d'Huez :laugh:
  • StuAblett
    Options
    Yin, thanks very much for the info! :drinker: