work crush

Options
13»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to write your number on a piece of paper, walk up to him, hand it to him and say "I think you might need this" on your last day and turn around and walk away. Nobody will have a clue what you're doing, and you don't have to worry about feeling embarrassed because hell, if he doesn't like you, you never have to see him again.

This makes a lot of sense. He should get the point that way. If he doesn't communicate with you after this move, he is not into you.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Could you email it to him?

We don't have work email since we work in a kitchen. :( Otherwise that would be an awesome idea! I creeped him on Facebook but I found out his full name via creeping on the work schedule so I am not about to friend him. I am so weird!

You could ask multiple people for their fb info to keep in touch and include him.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Well I just said hi to him and he ignored me...
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You sure he heard you? I've unintentionally done that to people before because I didn't see/hear them.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

It is still the workplace,do not expect a "moment" give him your number when you are leaving.
    If you never hear from him then so be it.

I was rejected once when a completely innocent statement I made was taken differently.
    Got past that awkward moment with her but quietly to myself was WTF? I was not trying.
    It sucked but I lived through it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I'm sorry if that's true and he intentionally ignored you. However, my guess is you were so nervous that you were too quiet for him to hear, or he was just busy or the place was loud, because ignoring someone for no reason is very immature.
  • christine24t
    Options
    We were walking past each other and I looked him in the eye and said "hi" and he didn't say anything back.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    We were walking past each other and I looked him in the eye and said "hi" and he didn't say anything back.

I would bet money that he just didn't notice. I am guilty of this exact thing - to the point where people at work have complained about me being unfriendly simply because I got into "work mode" and don't really pay attention to my surroundings (ex: people greeting me).

You sound like you're copping out. If you're going to do that it's best to just own up to it than to find make believe excuses why you don't want to.
  • christine24t
    Options
    well...last day of work today. Earlier in the day, he saw me and said, "hi, how are you today?". When I was leaving, I went up to talk to another coworker who I've known for years. He was standing right there next to him, and said something like, "oh, it's your last day?" and I said "yes," and then I said, "I just wanted to say that it's been great working with you." He said, "yeah, it's been great too, good luck with everything." I said bye and walked away. So nothing happened. Oh well, but just wanted to update ya'll.