Accountability

Options
alerica1
alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
Heading out to my meeting now. I've been blessed with another sober day.

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yay. Great job.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    5 days sober...
  • alerica1
    Options
    10 days without alcohol
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Put a sober head on my pillow last night..

6 days.
  • alerica1
    Options
    Day 11 - alcohol free
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yay for all of us!
    I'm still sober as of Jan 1st of this year.
  • alerica1
    Options
    Day 12 - alcohol free
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Day 12 - alcohol free

You're almost to half a month!!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Almost 8 months ;)
  • alerica1
    Options
    20 days - alcohol free
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Great job. I'm almost at one month.
  • alerica1
    Options
    21 days - alcohol free
  • shammxo
    Options
    ^ almost a month :)
  • alerica1
    Options
    23 days - alcohol free
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    day 148:

I am having some issues. I am in training for a marathon and its taking a lot of my time and leaving me really tired. I am not going to many meetings. Last week I only went to 2. I had planned 4 but sleep and running took precedence. Now my sponsor wants me to go to 5 meetings a week and do daily check ins. I don't think I can commit to that on top of running, and my job. I know that I am supposed to make sobriety my priority but don't feel like my sobriety is at risk. I don't want to drink. I have no desire to drink. I don't think not going to 5 meetings will change that. I know that I would get a lot more out of the program if I was going to 5 meetings and doing service but I am getting so much out of my training and it will be over in a few months.

So now I feel like I am in a position where I have to choose between my sponsor/AA and running and I am leaning toward running.

Any advice?
  • alerica1
    Options
    Oh, I know how that is. Get to as many meetings as you can or at least talk with other women in the program and your sponsor every day. Don't let yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired....I'm sure you know what to watch out for. When I go to a meeting in the evening (say 8:00 p.m.), I always sleep soooo good that night. I sleep so good that I can sleep for a shorter period of time but wake up feeling like I'd slept forever. Hang in there.
  • alerica1
    Options
    I just read your edited post.....if you can't get to 5 meetings at least do the daily check-ins. When I relapsed I had only been to 3 meetings in a 3 and a half month span and I wasn't talking to my sponsor daily. I learned the hard way. I was a relapse waiting to happen. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep up the good work and if you start feeling icky just pick up that 100# phone and call someone.
  • mjcrosby23
    mjcrosby23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Took my last drink 11 months ago today. I can honestly say that there is not one aspect of my life that hasn't improved. Well, except for my relationship with the local liquor store owners of course.

Good job everyone!
  • shammxo
    Options
    day 148:

I am having some issues. I am in training for a marathon and its taking a lot of my time and leaving me really tired. I am not going to many meetings. Last week I only went to 2. I had planned 4 but sleep and running took precedence. Now my sponsor wants me to go to 5 meetings a week and do daily check ins. I don't think I can commit to that on top of running, and my job. I know that I am supposed to make sobriety my priority but don't feel like my sobriety is at risk. I don't want to drink. I have no desire to drink. I don't think not going to 5 meetings will change that. I know that I would get a lot more out of the program if I was going to 5 meetings and doing service but I am getting so much out of my training and it will be over in a few months.

So now I feel like I am in a position where I have to choose between my sponsor/AA and running and I am leaning toward running.

Any advice?

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I just got done with a schedule where I had work 7-5:30 and then class 6-10 3 times a week. It was nearly impossible to make any meetings! Get in what you can. And MAKE TIME to call your sponsor. Even with my crazy schedule, I still called mine. When you're most comfortable, and unaware, that's when you're in danger. Your sobriety needs to come first, because if you lose that... then everything else you've been working so hard for will fall away, too.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    day 151: update. I spoke to my sponsor, told her I couldn't do the 5 a week and we are officially done as sponsor-sponsee. She recomended I get an interim-sponsor ASAP. I thanked her for her service and she invited me to call her if I ever needed too.

She said I have to be willing to do anything necessary. I am but I don't think 5 or even 4 is necessary. One size fits most does not mean one size fits all.

Good news is I am not drinking. I have 151 days and I am feeling strong. I just have to work some program stuff out. I will definately reach out and make calls if I feel like I am in any danger.