Options
    8 months sober today :D

Congratulations!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Congrats.

I made it through labor day weekend. Woo hoo!
  • kristenstejskal
    kristenstejskal Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Congrats.

I made it through labor day weekend. Woo hoo!

Awesome job!!! super proud of you :)
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! I'm happy with 31 days. We just keep on truckin'.
  • kristenstejskal
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! I'm happy with 31 days. We just keep on truckin'.

2 days or 20 years.......were all just truckin ;)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nine months sober today!
  • kristenstejskal
    Options
    So, lately has been rough for me and my sobriety journey. I've stayed sober, BARELY with the help of my mom, sister and amazing sponsor. The last 3 weeks have been an incredible soul searching journey, and I've hated every second of it (lol!) but I know its guiding me to where I need to be.

In the midst of this soul searching, I've realized that although I haven't drank since last January, I have not been in recovery and I have essentially just switched my addiction to something equally destructive in my life. About 3 weeks ago is when I truly got sober from my addictions. So about 2 weeks ago i decided to officiallly change my sobriety date to 9/7/12. So today is a bittersweet day for me. Technically today I am 9 months sober from alcohol, but I'm truly only about 3 weeks deep into sobriety AND recovery, and I have a long way to go.

I guess this is just another reminder that sobriety is truly a journey.
  • neverstray
    Options
    So, lately has been rough for me and my sobriety journey. I've stayed sober, BARELY with the help of my mom, sister and amazing sponsor. The last 3 weeks have been an incredible soul searching journey, and I've hated every second of it (lol!) but I know its guiding me to where I need to be.

In the midst of this soul searching, I've realized that although I haven't drank since last January, I have not been in recovery and I have essentially just switched my addiction to something equally destructive in my life. About 3 weeks ago is when I truly got sober from my addictions. So about 2 weeks ago i decided to officiallly change my sobriety date to 9/7/12. So today is a bittersweet day for me. Technically today I am 9 months sober from alcohol, but I'm truly only about 3 weeks deep into sobriety AND recovery, and I have a long way to go.

Good for you! It's always hard, no matter what "it" is. It's good you've recognized it and are doing something about it.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Yep, its a journey. We can enjoy the journey together. I have 60 days today. :)
  • shammxo
    Options
    Ten months sober today! :)
  • shammxo
    Options
    ELEVEN MONTHS TODAY :)
  • neverstray
    Options
    ELEVEN MONTHS TODAY :)

Wow! Congrats!
  • kristenstejskal
    Options
    Tomorrow is 3 months in recovery for me! How is everyone else doing?
  • neverstray
    Options
    That's awesome.

I'm still staying strong. :)
  • shammxo
    Options
    Great job, Kristen!!

In ten days I'll have my first year :)
  • shammxo
    Options
    Great job, Kristen!!

In ten days I'll have my first year :)
    I meant 20 days... It's been a long one, so my brain isn't working.

Oops.
  • kristenstejskal
    Options
    Awesome Sam! So great to hear! Yeah on Jan 1st I'll technically have a year as well, so proud of all of us on this board for suiting up and showing up everyday and doing our best.
  • neverstray
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Great job.
  • shammxo
    Options
    Today I have one year sober. :)

Thank you all for supporting me & I hope you had a wonderful Christmas & wish you a happy new year!!!