Daily check in

Options

Replies

• MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Daily check in is a great idea to keep us accountable. I completed Day 1 Level 1 a few hours ago. I'm shocked by how difficult it was for being such a short workout. Excited for tomorrow's early morning workout!
  • pazla88
    pazla88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I completed Level 1 Day 1 yesterday, not as bad as I thought it was going to be!
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Since I joined MFP i ahve been trying to get fitter.I have done spin classes , running, Xainer and spinning. I saw this group anfd thought I would give it a try.
    I have just finished day 1 and dripping with sweat. At first I thought it would be fairly easy but the weight bit I find harder so it must be doing me good. I do not have a set of dumbells, what weight do they suggest. At the moment I am using 2 water bottles plus arm band weights which gives about 1.5 kg each. I know my upper body strength is poor so hopefully it should get better. I did it on youtube , how many days do you do level 1 for?
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 done!
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    Since I joined MFP i ahve been trying to get fitter.I have done spin classes , running, Xainer and spinning. I saw this group anfd thought I would give it a try.
    I have just finished day 1 and dripping with sweat. At first I thought it would be fairly easy but the weight bit I find harder so it must be doing me good. I do not have a set of dumbells, what weight do they suggest. At the moment I am using 2 water bottles plus arm band weights which gives about 1.5 kg each. I know my upper body strength is poor so hopefully it should get better. I did it on youtube , how many days do you do level 1 for?

Good for you for giving it a go! Each workout is supposed to be for 10 days, but several of us are planning to take a day or two off, and most of us also do some other form of exercise.
    I don't think they suggest any particular weight, but whatever you can manage is fine! It looks like the weights in the video are 3 to 5 lbs. My first day, I started with 5, but that was too heavy and I nearly injured myself. I dropped back down to 3 today and made it through (almost) the entire thing without having to put them down. I can feel the burn in my arms, but it's not the "my muscles are going to tear themselves to pieces" burn from yesterday
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders, here is my daily check in Level 1 day 3 complete. The girls still hate jumping jacks. I hate the side lunges with arm raises and the bicycle crunches. LOL. My body feels ok, a little sore but not bad. Jillian says this will get easier, I sure hope so. Hanging in there and sweating it out!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hello Pals
    Day one done yesterday. Feeling it already this morning. It's a good pain. Day 2 here I come!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders, here is my daily check in Level 1 day 3 complete. The girls still hate jumping jacks. I hate the side lunges with arm raises and the bicycle crunches. LOL. My body feels ok, a little sore but not bad. Jillian says this will get easier, I sure hope so. Hanging in there and sweating it out!

I don't like the side lunges with arm raises either. I have to hold one 5 lbs wt with both hands. It will be a while before I can do both.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I don't like the side lunges with arm raises either. I have to hold one 5 lbs wt with both hands. It will be a while before I can do both.

I was thinking of doing that this morning with my 5 pound weights, I feel the most soreness under my arms and I am assuming it is from that exercise.
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options

LOL!!! I did ONE jumping jack before I realized I had on the wrong bra. Had to take a pause and go change :laugh:
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I did Level1 Day 2 last night tonight will be day 3. Feels great :-)

P.S. I also hate the side lunges with the arm raises. I started doing them with 5lbs in each hand and have taken it down to 2lbs... May try 5lbs again tonight. They are truly excruciatingly good :-)
  • AngelicFrutcake
    Options
    Checking in for last night which was my D6 L1

I really didn't want to do it, but I made myself, and it wasn't so bad. Able to mostly get through the workout without stopping.

Did full pushups for half of the first set, then modified. I can already see a difference there. I still have to grit my teeth to get through the entire amr/leg combo moves. Do those ever get easier?? I've always thought my arms were in pretty decent shape but those are definitely my biggest challenge.

Onto day seven tonight, and I'm starting to get really nervous about bumping up to level two....
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I did Level1 Day 2 last night tonight will be day 3. Feels great :-)

P.S. I also hate the side lunges with the arm raises. I started doing them with 5lbs in each hand and have taken it down to 2lbs... May try 5lbs again tonight. They are truly excruciatingly good :-)

Same here. I think the 5 lb weights work really well for the other exercises, but the arm raises with those side lunges are killer! I think I'll have to try holding one 5lb weight with both hands until I get stronger.

16774070.png
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done!! I had to stop during a lot of the jumping, but kept moving and I did c25k after so I felt like I definately go the cardiovascular in!!
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Checking in : Day 3 done !!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: Boy was I sore this morning:grumble: but took some IBs and continued on. endurence already getting better , I can curse her out now !:laugh: Dr. said not to do full pushups , both shoulders have been dislocated , one recently and I have frozen shoulder :cry: on the bright side he said the rest of the stuff should help with the frozen shoulder:smile:
  • jennbeaudry
    Options
    Day one level one last night, tonight I will go cycling and back to Jillian tomorrow! Down 2.2 lbs today!
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Checking in!!!

Day 3: DONE - I stupidly did Level 2 because I didn't quite feel challenged enough by Level 1 - totally got slammed, lol - back to level 1 I think tomorrow
  • monasuli
    monasuli Posts: 99
    Options
    My daily check in

Day 2 level 1 Donee!!!!
  • monasuli
    monasuli Posts: 99
    Options
    Checking in : Day 3 done !!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: Boy was I sore this morning:grumble: but took some IBs and continued on. endurence already getting better , I can curse her out now !:laugh: Dr. said not to do full pushups , both shoulders have been dislocated , one recently and I have frozen shoulder :cry: on the bright side he said the rest of the stuff should help with the frozen shoulder:smile:

I was so sore today too! Sad to hear about your shoulder hope you get better! :flowerforyou:
  • leahandbella
    leahandbella Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Level 1 - done last night. Not as much pain as after day 1.