week 4 is killing me!

Options
13»

Replies

• Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I finished week 4 yesterday ( barely like dragging myself finished it ) so I think I may repeat week 4 again . I also repeated week 3 twice because I didnt feel ready. I have signed up for a 5k in December, but I"m nit in it to win a race, I'm in it to say I did it and I completed it which is something I would never have even imagined just 2 short months ago :))
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    In the end I checked out running styles and stretches and found that a faster pace with a much shorter stride made for much less impact on my knees and had no pain at all. I wondered whether my time would change because the shorter stride would take me much longer, but map my walk told me that I was overall average of 0.3mph faster!

Any good websites you used as reference for the stride change? I feel like 'm in a similar place, mentally and with my knees.
    Thanks for posting!
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3... or is it Day 6?? Funny thing.... I was always counting my minutes since I haven't downloaded an app. Today I used my stopwatch on cell phone. Cumbersome but worked. Turns out I was counting too slow so I probably was always running longer.

Today with the stopwatch went well. Once I was done, I was about 1/2 mile from home, so did another 90sec / 5 min set extra. Whooo hooo

So I was thinking of repeating, but decided I will move on to week 5. But may slow up until I feel like I can handle the 20min on last day.
  • mjbell642
    Options

Felt like puking afterwards but SO happy!

Thanks for the laugh. Congrats.

This was me today !!!
    week 5 day 1.
    Had to do treadmill because of weather. 1st 5min/3min set was easy, but it got harder as it went along. Last 5 min were a battle !! I struggle more on treadmill because it pulls me along so much faster. Granted I can dial the speed down, but I am already pretty slow.

Got done.. whoo hoo, dripping in sweat and went to locker room. Went in my shower stall and it hit me. "I think I am going to hurl !!". Sat on the bench and eventually it passed.

Geeeeez, does anyone else feel that way ??
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    you ladies are awesome! i had to take a break from running. i have tendonitis in my heel and it was flaring up big time so needed to rest it up. it's feeling betting after not running 1-1/2 weeks but i really want to get back out! i am doing other cardio things, tae bo is less impact on the bottom of my feet, but hopefully i can get back running in another week i dont want to quit!
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I def had to repeat week 4. It was the toughest week so far. For me it was the breathing, once I got that under control it was much better. Starting week 5 on saturday and am nervous about day 3!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I finished W3D3 this morning. I checked next weeks workout...wow. A bit intimidating, but I did read something very encouraging a few posts back about barely being able to run 60 seconds a few weeks ago, so true for me too. This morning I ran 3 straight minutes, twice, so week 4, come and get it!!!!
  • mjbell642
    Options
    I finished W3D3 this morning. I checked next weeks workout...wow. A bit intimidating, but I did read something very encouraging a few posts back about barely being able to run 60 seconds a few weeks ago, so true for me too. This morning I ran 3 straight minutes, twice, so week 4, come and get it!!!!

Week 4 should be shaking now cause you are going to kick it !!
  • mjbell642
    Options
    I def had to repeat week 4. It was the toughest week so far. For me it was the breathing, once I got that under control it was much better. Starting week 5 on saturday and am nervous about day 3!

Repeats are just fine. I am stretching out week 5. Yea...not quite ready for day 3.