How much did you loose doing the 2 week pre-op diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind everyone will lose weight on the 2 week liquid pre-op but as my NUT told me this week, it is not about losing weight during this phase that is important since that is certainly going to occur post surgery. It is all about cleaning out your system to get ready for surgery and most importantly reducing the size of the liver by running out all the sugar, fat etc so you can have the most successful surgery and reduce risk of complications. I have been losing some weight now since I started this process which I am of course happy about, but that is not my goal right now. Just trying to work on the good habits I will have to implement post surgery like slowing down my eating, no drinking before/after meals, reducing portion sizes, eating protein first............ but that is just me.

I agree! I am on day 2 of pre-op diet.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    11 pounds on liquid pre op diet.
  • msronnell
    msronnell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes babs, that is exactly what I have been focusing on (cleansing & shrinking my liver) & why I am trying so hard to stay strictly on this pre-op diet thing. Today being Saturday & my first weekend day on this diet is SUPER hard! usually I am at work and busy busy , to busy to stop & snack, but at home, OMG. I did start preparing a Shrimp & sausage etoufee for the kids today. I have two "almost 15" year olds who are pretty handy in the kitchen & in fabulous athletic shape so I've been trying to make sure my weight issues dont get them worried about themselves.

I started the prep work & my daughter took up where I left off when she came into the kitchen. I am going to have to get more seafood for them these 2 weeks because I LOATHE seafood & they love it, so this satisfies them & keeps me from wanting to eat it, LOL.

If anyone on here would like to add me as a friend , feel free, as i mentioned earlier my support group is tiny. I think I'll repost this under a new topic too,. Couldnt hurt to have more like-minded people to connect with!
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    21 pounds
  • katienalan
    katienalan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 which put me at 50 lost before surgery. That has been kind of rough after surgery however, because they stated a higher loss preop can slow you down post op. HOWEVER ... I have learned its about slow and steady :)
  • sgmcat
    sgmcat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started a little early so I lost a total of 21 lbs by surgery.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I only had to do a one week pre-surgery diet. Mine was 3 Bariatric Protein Shakes per day, plus dinner that was 5 oz. of lean meat and 1/2 cup cooked veggies, or 1 cup of raw. I lost 13 pounds that week. When I went in for my surgery, I only had 55 pounds left to lose to reach their goal weight--75 to reach mine.