Replies

• jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if this ever got going - just checked the thread...if it's not too late.

My name is Heather - 42...3 kids. I started the Dukan Diet on Sunday and dropped about 7 pounds. I am pretty sure it's all water weight...but I am not starting the cruise phase where I will stay until I reach my goal weight. Which happens to be about 20 more pounds. I have been doing a lot of cardio - but it doesn't seem to be very effective anymore. My goal is to get a personal trainer to teach me how to lift weights. It seems like a lot of people on this site have had some great success changing their bodies by lifting weights...I just have no idea what I am doing. :)

SW: 172
    CW: 165
    GW: 148
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cari... I'm 6'2' and have ALWAYS been the big girl. I'm 36 years old and have a hard time looking in the mirror anymore... Just losing 20lbs would make me ecstatic.... I'm currently 331 lbs and would like to lose about 100 lbs... but 20 would be good right now! :)
  • linsteg
    linsteg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Linda....SW: 141 and CW the same, since I am just a beginner. GW: a rock solid 135. Have 2 more chiropractor visits to complete therapy for bulging disc. At this point I can do anything BUT whatever creates impact on the spine. Have started walking dogs and doing 15-20 minutes of cardio dance with DVD at home. Eager to get back to the gym. What I find most difficult: controlling my eating - portion size, grazing and good choices.
    AND....This is my first post in my entire life! I'm branching out!
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda just got your message glad you were able to join!
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My name is Angela. I'm 31 and I'm married with a three-year-old son. I just moved with my family from MA to MD for my husband's job. I'm starting a new part-time job next week and will be starting grad school classes tomorrow! My starting weight is 221, my current weight is 216.6 and my goal weight is 148 (I'm 5'9"). I've battled my weight for most of my adult life and have tried almost every diet plan under the sun (NutriSystem, Fat Smash, Atkins, South Beach, and the list goes on...). I'm determined to lose weight the right way this time and to lose it for good.

Because of work, school, etc., we're not planning on visiting family/friends in MA until Thanksgiving. I'd love to lose at least 20 pounds before then so people's mouths will drop! We can do this!
  • GodsyGirl
    GodsyGirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Monique. I am a cardiac nurse and there is nothing worse than an unhealthy healthcare worker trying to educate someone else about being healthy. I am currently 305 pounds. My highest weight has been 353. My starting weight was 330. I plan to loose over 100 pounds but 20 is a good start.
  • AmberBelandria
    AmberBelandria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Amber, and I absolutely hate the way I let Myself go. I weight around 185 I am 5'9 and I need to lose at least down to 150. Bought my very first size 14 pants yesterday and I really wanted to cry! I cant wait to get started and watch the fat melt away.
  • LisaM513
    Options
    i too can't wait to see 120
  • LisaM513
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Lisa. I'm a mom of two boys. 37 years old and at 142lbs. I don't like it considering I'm only 5 ft tall. My goal weight is 120! I haven't seen 120 in a loooong time. I realize why i haven't lost anything in the last month and it's because I've been eating my exercise calories back. Ugh. So I begin again.
  • swetsugar118
    Options
    Hi. My name is Amanda. I just started about a week ago, and I've already lost 3 pounds! I'm getting married in six weeks and it is crunch time! I'd like to loose about 20lbs in all (hopefully by wedding time). Which would make me at 150lbs, which is the average weight for my height of 5'6. :) Let the fun begin!
  • harmonious1
    harmonious1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently at 141lbs, at the height of 5'2.? and want to be back down to 120. It has been hard for me but I'm trying. It seems the closer I get to where I want to be the harder I have to work.