Starting our goals on Monday New goal for Sept 3rd

Options
13»

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Good job maryinc

texasgardnr. very nice and happy late birthday to you! Hope it was marvelous.

Don't forget your punches!

Thank you!! it was indeed Marvelous. I was given the gift of purchasing some new clothes and I discovered that I had lost an entire dress size:smile: . And I am at goal weight loss for about a week now :drinker: .

The GazelleEdge which I am adding in now uses almost constant strong push out and pull in movements with the arms (mufti-muscle tone up and strength b/c the legs also move, and I feel it in my core when I pay attention). And I do arm movements with my daily Leslie Sansone exercise DVDs. (often I add on wrist weights for extra strength and toning in the movements like I did yesterday)
    Edited to add: Actually, I just remembered some of the moves in the DVDs include punches, and I can always modify some of the movements to be punches in the workouts where the punching tap outs, for example, are not used. So I think that I am good to go.

So... I think that will count? Between the two workouts I can now really feel it in both the front and back of arms since I began using the Gazelle last week.

:flowerforyou:
  • PattySwenson
    PattySwenson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I walked 30 minutes and just did the 20 punches.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Good job maryinc

texasgardnr. very nice and happy late birthday to you! Hope it was marvelous.

Don't forget your punches!

Thank you!! it was indeed Marvelous. I was given the gift of purchasing some new clothes and I discovered that I had lost an entire dress size:smile: . And I am at goal weight loss for about a week now :drinker: .

The GazelleEdge which I am adding in now uses almost constant strong push out and pull in movements with the arms (mufti-muscle tone up and strength b/c the legs also move, and I feel it in my core when I pay attention). And I do arm movements with my daily Leslie Sansone exercise DVDs. (often I add on wrist weights for extra strength and toning in the movements like I did yesterday)
    Edited to add: Actually, I just remembered some of the moves in the DVDs include punches, and I can always modify some of the movements to be punches in the workouts where the punching tap outs, for example, are not used. So I think that I am good to go.

So... I think that will count? Between the two workouts I can now really feel it in both the front and back of arms since I began using the Gazelle last week.

That is awesome workouts you are doing. Very impressive. I had a Gazelle years ago and really liked it. Now I have my elliptical with the seat, doubling as a stationary bike and love it. I also do The Biggest Loser for the Xbox. and am actually enjoying that.
    So glad your birthday was good. Congrats on getting to goal and for getting new clothes in a smaller size! The best reward yet.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    I walked 30 minutes and just did the 20 punches.

Excellent job Patty.
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, All. I did the 20 minutes and the 20 boxing punches Monday, then today did the boxing, 20 in walking, 15 in raking yard, 20 in cleaning....what the hey....do I just tell the 20 for walking and the boxing???? :) OK, I did do that both days. Take care all!!!
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Hi, All. I did the 20 minutes and the 20 boxing punches Monday, then today did the boxing, 20 in walking, 15 in raking yard, 20 in cleaning....what the hey....do I just tell the 20 for walking and the boxing???? :) OK, I did do that both days. Take care all!!!

Very nice job both days. Good for you! I think we are all just reporting what we did. Which is great, as far as I am concerned.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Good afternoon all.
    Everyone is doing awesome here. It is so inspiring to be part of such a lovely group :heart: .

Wednesday: I worked out on the Gazelle for 20 minutes and did the extra 20 boxing punches also. I am planning to do a LS walk DVD later on.

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Good afternoon all.
    Everyone is doing awesome here. It is so inspiring to be part of such a lovely group :heart: .

Wednesday: I worked out on the Gazelle for 20 minutes and did the extra 20 boxing punches also. I am planning to do a LS walk DVD later on.

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Great job! And I too think this is a very lovely group.

Today, I did 20 minutes on the stationary rowing machine, 20 minute walk and 20 on the stationary bike. Oh yeah and 30 punches total using my stretchy bands. I wanted to add a little resistance to those punches.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Great job! And I too think this is a very lovely group.

Today, I did 20 minutes on the stationary rowing machine, 20 minute walk and 20 on the stationary bike. Oh yeah and 30 punches total using my stretchy bands. I wanted to add a little resistance to those punches.

Oh, thanks for reminding me...I suppose I could have added that I used my 1 pound wrist weights doing the punches to add some weight to them. Every little bit helps us :smile: . I just now finished my LS walking DVD that I had planned to do.

californiagir, You did some great 20s there :smile: .
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Thursday: I worked out a little while ago on the Gazelle for 20 minutes and did the extra 20 boxing punches with the wrist weights on.

I finished my cottage cheese w applesauce snack so I will be going into the other room soon to do a LS walk DVD.

Have a wonderful Thursday y'all. :flowerforyou:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone is doing so good. Had eye dr appt today and haven't done anything except my punches (while I was waiting for the dr). However,to be in this group, I need to get up and do a dvd. It's over 100 outside so have to stay indoors.
  • mspandybearca
    mspandybearca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just saw this and will make an effort to do those punches every day. I did do a 20 minutes swim today (those days are drawing to an end with fall being here!). I will check in here more often!
  • suebdew
    Options
    Did a Susan Powers DVD. Excellent workout. Didn't think I could finish but just when I was ready to quit she said "Let's cool down" TTL
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    You are so right suebdew, about needing to workout indoors b/c of the heat. You made good use of waiting for the doctor :-D

Welcome mspandybearca. Enjoy those swims while you can. :wink:

Friday:
    I worked out on the Gazelle for 30 minutes and did the extra 20 boxing punches with the wrist weights. I also walked as usual with my Leslie Sansone DVD for my cardio.

hugs,
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    For Saturday: Did an exercise DVD that focused on walking, sculpting, and toning. I used light weights when cued to use weights. Yay for way more than 20 punches being in the DVD :happy:

Tomorrow is my free day so I've completed this week and I am pleased with my efforts.

Thanks for the challenge and wishing you all a grand weekend. You all rock :drinker: .

• suebdew
    Options
    Got those tons of exercise calories but think I'll just ignore them. Have to do my punches!! Played 18 holes of golf as the weather was beautiful. The reason we can play in 3 hours is our course is being renovated so it's shorter than usual.