lean circuit

Options

Replies

• MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I didn't think 10lbs would be enough for biceps, but I had DOMS out the ears the next day! All the the reps...I couldn't sustain the moves with form at 12.5lbs. My arms are still sore. Circuit 2 today. I am ready!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I didn't think 10lbs would be enough for biceps, but I had DOMS out the ears the next day! All the the reps...I couldn't sustain the moves with form at 12.5lbs. My arms are still sore. Circuit 2 today. I am ready!

I know! I was so sore this morning after Lean 1 yesterday! haha I'm looking forward to building that upper body/core strength though (which keeps me motivated through the difficult moves). Hopefully we'll both see some great changes!
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    As far as being sore, I find that Lean 2 has the most impact on me. Lots and lots of shoulder work. I'm feeling it for days afterwards. I have completed three weeks and have been sore each week.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    As far as being sore, I find that Lean 2 has the most impact on me. Lots and lots of shoulder work. I'm feeling it for days afterwards. I have completed three weeks and have been sore each week.

My shoulders were burning during the moves. It felt horrible and great at the same time! Circuit 3 for the first time on Thursday.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options

I know! I was so sore this morning after Lean 1 yesterday! haha I'm looking forward to building that upper body/core strength though (which keeps me motivated through the difficult moves). Hopefully we'll both see some great changes!
    Here, here!
  • lashwish
    Options
    Lean is definitely the hardest for me, is it for everyone?
    I just do NOT love these workouts but mainly because they are hard for me I guess.

I want to be able to do pushups on toes but I cant eek our more than a few. I just wish my wrists were stronger.
  • lashwish
    Options
    I dont really get DOMs anymore.
    Ive still been trying for 15lbs on most of Lean stuff but I think I may drop to 10s as well.
    I also start out heavier & then move lighter by last 2/3 exercises.

My core is pretty good, but its also where I need most help. I def feel them sucked in more the following day.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    What weight are you using on shoulder moves?

My wrists are also weak and tend to break form when liftting heaving. I need to get gloves....but I need a lot of things! lol
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Lean was tough for me too. I kept wanting to go heavier but couldn't quite do it. And I still can't do more than 1-2 push ups without having to move to my knees in order to keep correct form. My wrists are very weak as well.

I just started Lean for Life this week and the Burn circuit seems almost too easy now...probably b/c there aren't as many extreme sets as in both Push and Lean.
  • jyska
    Options
    Lean is definitely the hardest for me, is it for everyone?
    I just do NOT love these workouts but mainly because they are hard for me I guess.

I want to be able to do pushups on toes but I cant eek our more than a few. I just wish my wrists were stronger.

If I remember correctly from my p90X days, Tony Horton from P90X recommends using push up bars or dumbbells that have a flat edge for pushups if you have wrist issues. It keeps your wrists straight and is easier on them. (although your pushups can go deeper which in turn can make it harder on the arms..haha)
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I am going to give that a whirl with my weights. Great suggestion, thanks!
  • jyska
    Options
    I am going to give that a whirl with my weights. Great suggestion, thanks!

Let us know if it actually helps! :happy:
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I gave it a whirl using the flat headed weights. My hands were sweating and kept moving...LOL. I need to exercise my wrists and build up their strength.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    wow, I'm only in push but can't wait to see what you guys are talking about....2 more weeks! I think it's good she's focused on core, but am thankful I did P90x before this and was punished with pushups in those workouts to get me ready for this. I do hate them, but am able to do them at least.....

look forward to looking back on this thread in a few weeks!
  • jyska
    Options
    @shilsholebay: weight gloves might help with the sweating/slipping problem, but it never hurts to strengthen any weak link in our bodies. :happy:

@Robin - I MISS push....I'm jealous you're still there! LOL. The combo moves in Lean are what make it so hard I think, all the balancing required forces me to reduce my weight a bit until I get my core stabilized. :grumble: And the pushups....argh. I was just getting to a point where I was doing them all on my toes...now I'm back to doing the last few on my knees. :explode:

Oh, well...3 more weeks and hopefully I'll have my core stabilized, weights up a bit and my pushups all on my knees again! goals, goals, goals! :drinker:
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Whew! Lean is kickin my butt! I did one week then had a planned week vacation where I couldn't take my weights :( I was active but not doing CLX. Came back and busted out Lean 1 and oh my gosh I was practically crying at the end (I don't think that's the feeling Chalene is talking about when she says "remember this feeling at the end of your workouts"). My calorie burn was 50% higher than the first round of Lean 1. Whew.

My arms were still sore 2 days later (today) but I did Lean 2 this morning and am anticipating mucho soreness tomorrow (and probably the next few days). I agree I don't "enjoy" these workouts as much as Push, but I still like the feeling of accomplishment and know that I am pushing hard to (hopefully) get results.

Definitely itching for some cardio, even with the soreness. I TOTALLY forgot about Lean Intervals during the first week of Lean so I am excited to try that out tomorrow! [I will probably regret saying that ;)]
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    Lean Intervals and Fat Burn Challenge....dang they are intense! (for me anyway!)
  • jyska
    Options
    Lean Intervals and Fat Burn Challenge....dang they are intense! (for me anyway!)

those come in the deluxe package I think right? I don't believe I have those....
    that's ok...I have enough other options to choose from for the inbetween days. :smile:
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options

those come in the deluxe package I think right? I don't believe I have those....
    that's ok...I have enough other options to choose from for the inbetween days. :smile:

Yes, in the deluxe package. I dread doing them, but am happy when I finish!

If I want to do round 2 of CLX (which I do), I have to buy the program. I am using a friend's DVDs at the moment.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2 of lean. Last week I made the change to Lean, then also did the Get Lean Intervals, as well as my first time with the Extreme Abs. OUCH.....what a week.

And the other thing--I was not even hungry at the start of last week, but then starting maybe Thursday through now, I'm ravenous. Did any of you also have the hunger kick in when you were doing Lean?

I hear this is something that happens when you build muscle, it's just a little alarming when it happens to you abruptly :)