Sept 3rd (Monday) Menopausal Mad Hatters Chatter

Options
124»

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Guess it would help if I actually PUT the replies in, eh? Yeesh lol

Time2: such a lovely post, and so well said!! And I’m impressed.. you do speed typing very well!!
    Merobi: I howled yet again.. I DO miss your giggles (love the “man up, girlie”) LOL! Glad to hear your daughter made it thru a whole day of classes and seems to be on the mend.. rest was sent in a PM but.. what happned to the blueberry pie huh?? LOL
    TA: I loved visualizing you sticking your arms down the sides of your pants LOL!! Huge congrats on the NSV…. AND on today’s loss… loved what Gail commented as well; agree so glad to see it happening for you with everything going on school wise!! Yay!
    Hairspray Hon: YIPPEE!! Great NSV .. how awesome was it laying out the clothes lol!! When is the big shopping excursion that you won’t take me to?? LOL (kidding!!) will check out the blog after my tub!
    Bis: what a lovely day.. and what an awesome group of ladies you have found! The world would be a sorry place if it weren’t for volunteers all over who step up and step in! Congrats on completing the walk my friend…great job!! And sorry about the snackage.. it does seem to be rather offside that a lot of events sell junk food only???
    :noway:
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    snoozie - good luck at the dr's tomorrow - hoping for good news and no meds...

i went to the vascular dr last week - yes - no more visits with him....!

now just need to get the gastro guy off my back... "smile" ... maybe send him thru a MRI machine to check for "changes"..which there have been none... "good news"... and then send him for the special "over 50" test..:huh: :grumble: :. but hey that's a great weight loss tool..
    he's the last dr to clear....

short version: they found blood clots after my brain surgery in 2010...:noway: ....feet, calves, near liver, lung, and of course the surgery was for bleeding on the brain...

smiles ladies....:glasses:
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Carol, I am so scared of blood clots, I can only imagine how tough it must have been. Seeing all that the hatters have been through is so life affirming!
    Merobi, good news about your daughter's progress.
    Kathy, Your comment about the Olympics and the ads for junk foods is one subject that drove me crazy! I know the athletes needed the corporate support, but every time they showed an athlete at mcd's I wanted to scream. I remember feeling the same when Virginia slims sponsored women's tennis in the 70's (remember you've come a long way baby.) but at least Billie jean king wasn't smoking in the commercials. And while I did raise healthy kids, I regret every meal that I ever bought them from mcd's or burger king. I now refer to all of that as pseudo food. The fact that my husband was eating the same things in addition to his addiction to hot dogs is probably a factor in his developing colon cancer. I pray that my kids don't have to go through what he did.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    OH NOOOOOO :sad:

I TOTALLY forgot until I read your post CBM.. that I had to cancel my um...over 50 test (colonoscopy!) as it was scheduled for the day after my eye surgery .. and I haven't rescheduled it... oh lordy the doc's gonna go up one side of me and down the other! gak!:sad: Wonder if I can get it rebooked before my appt LOL!

AWESOME that you only have one more doc to clear!! Yeah.. throw him in the MRI see how he likes it LOL!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Ladies ladies ladies,

I feel we each should take a bow, what wonderful and inspiring post :love: Thanks for all the positive comments and yes I do feel I am doing more during the days with all the walking in class. I didn't put into practice this weekend the walking plan as I worked getting things in place for being more efficient in the classroom. While I was hoping to do both I am feeling okay with my choice b/c I do believe by doing this in the end I will have more time for exercise in the long run.

Snooze I have been enjoying soup for the last two weeks also. I like you don't like soup in hot weather either, but found myself craving my Big Mamma's soup. Once I made it I found myself wanting another recipe for soup that I like. Yes it gives you something to do with those veggies before they go bad and gives a good low calorie meal. Get that appointment schedule lady !!!

Yes, the Olympics sponsors drove me crazy. Matter of fact we had several conversations in our households about the unhealthy food choices that most provide.

Well time to hit the sack and get some zzzzzzzzzzzz so I can be bright eyed and bushy tail tomorrow and put these new plans into action. Everyone reflect on one accomplishment and how that has impacted your journey. What will your next step be on this journey? Have a most fabulous week !!!!!!!!!!!!