Yoga in the Morning

Options

Replies

• TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I *almost* did it this morning. Does intention count? ;)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I *almost* did it this morning. Does intention count? ;)

^

I'll give you a point for "almost" ...... it's the first step to actually "doing" :laugh:
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Started the day with 20 minutes of yoga. Both my son and husband walked through, but it was more of a harship for them. Are any of you following a program, DVD, or online? Or winging it? I've been winging it, concentrating on the areas that are most tense. Sun salutations seem to hit a lot. Namaste, all. :flowerforyou:
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the Ultimate Yogi DVDs are giving me a good range! Starting to enjoy my little hour on the mat everyday. Still haven't been able to get up in the morning to do it yet, but with time and energy, maybe I will next week!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Started the day with 20 minutes of yoga. Both my son and husband walked through, but it was more of a harship for them. Are any of you following a program, DVD, or online? Or winging it? I've been winging it, concentrating on the areas that are most tense. Sun salutations seem to hit a lot. Namaste, all. :flowerforyou:

^

"a hardship for them" ROFL ........ my husband would just step right over me, I swear :laugh:

I recorded 10 different yoga programs from the TV series "Total Body Workout" ......... and randomly pick one & try to follow along ..... I used to have a GREAT dance workout ...... Bhangra (sp?) Indian dance ..... but accidently deleted it :sad:

Have a great day ...... I'm off to the gym !
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Yesterday, I got my husband to join me. We did 10 min. "Awareness" with Rodney Yee, lots of Sun Salutations, A.M. Yoga and ABS Yoga with Rodney Yee, for a total of 55-60 min. I love the stretches, but he goes way to fast and doesn't give you a chance to relax into the pose. I like to hold that stretch, especially in the a.m. Still, I felt good at the end, and my husband did, too. Have a great day, fellow yogis. :wink:
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Yesterday, I got my husband to join me. We did 10 min. "Awareness" with Rodney Yee, lots of Sun Salutations, A.M. Yoga and ABS Yoga with Rodney Yee, for a total of 55-60 min. I love the stretches, but he goes way to fast and doesn't give you a chance to relax into the pose. I like to hold that stretch, especially in the a.m. Still, I felt good at the end, and my husband did, too. Have a great day, fellow yogis. :wink:

^
    In ref to Rodney Yee ...... I almost just bought one of his DVD's ..... but maybe it's not right for me, I don't move too fast !

BTW, that's S-W-E-E-T that your husband's joining you ..... lucky girl !
  • sweetbippy
    Options

^
    In ref to Rodney Yee ...... I almost just bought one of his DVD's ..... but maybe it's not right for me, I don't move too fast !

BTW, that's S-W-E-E-T that your husband's joining you ..... lucky girl !

Yoga really helps his back. It's tough for him because he's all muscle, but he feels better after he does it. There is a Rodney Yee video for couples. Yoga for Two for beginners. Maybe your hubby will join you...! :wink: Ishwari Gonnot has a Heart Flow Vinyasa Yoga that has variations for beginner to advanced. I like that one. Her accent is very cool, too. I have a stack of DVD's on my table to try. I borrow a lot from the library. They do inter library loans, so I can get a good variety.
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Just finished 1 hr. with Rodney Yee. This is the best of him at a much slower pace. I really like it. Power Yoga Collection, 3 complete programs, each 60 min. I did the Yoga Burn. This one is repetitive, deep, slow and flowing. I'll keep this one on top. :smile:
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Last night I got stuck working late & missed the yoga class at the gym ...... this morning my hubby left for his doc appt, and I did 15 minutes of "Yoga: Basic Flow" from the TV series ...... could have done more, but I was starving ..... think I'll go to the library & see what's available ......

Peace, y'all !
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    I'm finding the Ultimate Yogi DVDs are giving me a good range! Starting to enjoy my little hour on the mat everyday. Still haven't been able to get up in the morning to do it yet, but with time and energy, maybe I will next week!

I'm going to track this one down, too. Thanks for the share. How are you progressing with it?
  • digitalyssa
    Options
    I did yoga this morning and I'm not sure what it was but I didn't have as much energy as I do at night. I think it's cause I sit in a chair all day so by the time i get off of work I can't wait to hit the mat. Had that cold clammy sweat this morning, didn't feel quite right...
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I did yoga this morning and I'm not sure what it was but I didn't have as much energy as I do at night. I think it's cause I sit in a chair all day so by the time i get off of work I can't wait to hit the mat. Had that cold clammy sweat this morning, didn't feel quite right...

Hope you're not coming down with something ...... and that tomorrow will be better :flowerforyou:
  • sweetbippy
    Options

I've had that feeling. Maybe just an off day? Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • digitalyssa
    Options
    I think it was an off day, did a pretty hard class at 9pm the night before. Was probably exhausted. :(
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    ^^ Glad to hear you are feeling better. ^^ I did 60 min. with Rodney Yee today. Power Yoga Total Body. Lots of Warrior 1,2 and 3, some balance, Down Dog. He tried to kill me with the sequence of moving from warrior to crescent to half moon, or something. I couldn't even tell you, but lots of balancing. Bless his little heart. :wink:
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hi yoginis: Feeling a little low because I caught the cold/sinus feeling crappy thing again yesterday and still feel low energy and yucky today. I hope to get back on track soon. Did have a great yoga class and lots of energy Wed. evening however. You all are doing great! Rodney Yee is one of my favorites if I had to do a video.
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just got Rodney Yee's book "Moving Toward Balance". It looks beautifully done, so far as I can tell. Looking forward to really figuring out how to develop a good, consistent home practice. I've fallen off the wagon the last couple of days.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Its so easy to get off track. Its a constant journey; always changing!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the ultimate yogi program. It's definitely getting me back into my yoga mindset again! You can follow my blog at yogalyssa.tumblr.com

i just watched ultimate yoga 2012... I am assuming that it is not the same as what you are talking of.

I stay away from anything yoga that is not what I consider yoga (asana) practice. If you want to focus on out of body experiences and phasing, then check out ultimate yoga. lol, I think it's a load of crap. But that's my opinion.

I'm going to check out your blog! :)