Yoga in the Morning

Options

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    http://www.theultimateyogi.com/ lol, looks allot more up my alley than the other one I watched. :) I like the collection from what I've read about it.

nice.
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I really liked this vid... she has a really pleasant voice, and gives some good pointers throughout. Perfect length for when you don't have an hour to spend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iskyDKzaq2k
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang !

I've done some yoga each morning ...... sometimes it's 10 minutes, sometimes more ......

Today I woke up with an achy back & hips, probably because the cat had insisted on sleeping on me all night ....... well, the LAST thing I wanted to do was get on the floor & move around ....... but then the thought popped into my head that was EXACTLY what I needed to do ...... so I followed a recording of "Yoga: Seated Emphasis" ...... when it got a little complicated, I just did my own thing to the sound of her voice ...... I lasted 48 minutes & was a sweaty mess, but felt like a million bucks the rest of the day :happy:

Tomorrow I'll do 10-15 minutes in the a.m. ...... then have a 90-minute vinyasa class in the evening ......

Peace !
  • TGKvr
    Options
    Well I finally did it. I woke up early today and managed to get in about 20 minutes of yoga. I wish I could have done more, but hey I guess I have to start somewhere. It felt great, as I was a bit tight and a teeny bit sore from my 90 minute flow class last night. Which, by the way... I managed a headstand! By myself! It was awesome!!!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen this?
    http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6268/The-Peak-Times-to-Be-Creative-Do-Yoga-Sleep.html

"Lungs function 18% better at 5pm than at midday. Muscle strength and flexibility tend to peak late in the day." They say the optimal time to exercise is 4-6pm, and it makes sense to me. I sometimes work out at 6am, but despite feeling refreshed and well-rested I never have as much energy as I do later in the day. So I think I'll stick to post-work yoga.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I'm liking 10+ minutes of gentle yoga in the morning AND some yoga in the evening ..... whether it's a 90 minute class or just 10 minutes of stretching before bed ...... works for me ...... hope you each find something that works for you :drinker:
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies, I agree, Vertwerp, I like to do a little in the am, and some before bed, if I can. Some days, like the last few, I didn't manage any yoga, but I want to do some every day, even if only a few sun salutations. For me, it starts my day in the right direction, calm and not frenetic! :smile: Today I tried one of the workouts from Yoga Conditiong for Weight Loss. After I do a few more, I'll let you know what I think. Namaste.
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Just had a lovely time doing 20 min. of yoga. I combined some of my favorite poses and let it flow. My son has exceptional taste in music, so I listened to some tunes he put together for me. Have a great day, everybody.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Hi, gang !

So, I am still doing some yoga each morning ..... the other day my husband walked in the room just as I was finishing up ..... he just shook his head ...... hey, I'd like to see HIM get his blankety-blank *kitten* into some of those positions ROFL

Sweetbippy, how cool that you can listen to music that works with your yoga ..... and that your SON put it together !

Hope you are all starting October on a good note ..... my goal is to bring it up a notch ..... would really like to complete an entire 60 minute DVD just once before passing out :laugh:

Peace, y'all !
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    I really liked this vid... she has a really pleasant voice, and gives some good pointers throughout. Perfect length for when you don't have an hour to spend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iskyDKzaq2k

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Getting off track! Just a wee bit of yoga every two days or so. And eating got way off track this week. I think my hormones play a huge part in my motivation level. My mood stays fairly stable but my eating and motivation on exercise goes through cycles!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    the seasons changing isn't helping either. I find it hard to wake up early anymore to get my Yoga on.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    It's a blah morning here in lower NY ...... I'd still be sleeping except for the cat walking on my face ...... after two cups of coffee, not feeling much more motivated to do anything ...... good thing I don't have to work today LOL

As soon as my hubby goes upstairs (he'll be awhile LOL) I will pull out the yoga mat & do "Yoga: Basic Flow" with Deni somebody ..... just to get stretched out cuz I'm feeling a little creaky .......

Tonight I have an hour yoga class at the gym ..... this instructor taught last spring & while the decription says "gentle" there's nothing gentle about it :laugh: ...... she had me twisted around like a pretzel ...... this instructor took the summer off, but now she's back to torture us ......

OK, there he goes ......

You all have a peaceful day !
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Finally squeezed in yoga this morning, and I'm so glad I did. Lovely stretch. Lovely way to start the day. I didn't realize how tight I was. Now I feel like a big pile of relaxed goo.....
  • asugar
    Options
    Glad to see some ladies still on this group site. I am also doing a little yoga each morning/ nothing major just getting out the kinks. I do a more complete routine two or three times a week but it is a gentle style that I have created to suit my body. I hear you v. I just had some coffee and a shower and wee bit of breakfast and no real motivation. Well, I did start laundry, do dishes and clean a toilet so far so lets not get too down on oneself! HA HA.... NOW hubby is out of the house ... son is asleep...yoga time!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I did 10 minutes of yoga this morning to loosen up my back ...... later I went to the gym for cardio (11 miles on bike & TM) and lifted some weights ...... then came home & did housework & laundry ...... am pooped out !

Sweet dreams, everyone !
  • asugar
    Options
    Wow you did a lot V! I had an allergic reaction to some lobster last night. So feel kind of all over achey today. Am going to the beach though so that should help me to feel better! Have a lovely week all.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Wow you did a lot V! I had an allergic reaction to some lobster last night. So feel kind of all over achey today. Am going to the beach though so that should help me to feel better! Have a lovely week all.

Ooooh, that's scary ...... hope you feel better !
  • TGKvr
    Options
    I have been largely unsuccessful getting going in the morning. I think I'm just not cut out for morning yoga, since I've only managed it a handful of times ever! I like do incorporate my practice in between getting off work and dinner... Still, I wish I could find the motivation to get my butt out of bed earlier!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I have been largely unsuccessful getting going in the morning. I think I'm just not cut out for morning yoga, since I've only managed it a handful of times ever! I like do incorporate my practice in between getting off work and dinner... Still, I wish I could find the motivation to get my butt out of bed earlier!

Hey, what matters is that we do something, sometime ....... and go to sleep at night knowing we did our best :drinker: