What is your level and dose.........

Options
2»

Replies

• healthyJodi
    healthyJodi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, it was great to read what everyone wrote. I am still struggling my current number is 3.8 and I am on 100mg of Synthroid. Seriously considering the the Canadain version of Armour. Really trying to get back to writing down what I eat and moderating my wine consumption. I have not been here in awhile, lost my way but I am back at it and I am going to do this, I have to for me.... sick and tired of being sick and tired. Cheers, Lisa :))
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    @Caro1275- an option is to take a saliva test to measure your cortisol level (caution- this is not always covered by insurance, so good idea to check with them). You can also do a blood test, but if I understood correctly, they have to draw about 4-6 samples over the course of a day. Just have to decide which is the best option for you, money and time wise.
    I was prescribed a low dose of cortisone as a result of my almost non-existant levels, but treatment might vary from case to case.
    I too was told to start treating the adrenal fatigue first, then add in the thyroid meds. Trying the other way around left me feeling worse.
    So what do you do or take if you have adrenal fatigue? And how can I find out if that is the case? I was only diagnosed 3 weeks ago, so I am trying to learn as much as I can.

Thank you!!
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am on 1.12 of Synthroid. I definitely struggle with feelings of being tired and have spoken to him about it....but he has been practicing for over 40+ years and won't switch me to anything else.
  • ashleyapplewhite
    ashleyapplewhite Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    TS
  • ashleyapplewhite
    ashleyapplewhite Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    TSH: .02
    FT3: 3.5 Range: 2.3-4.2 pg/mL
    FT4: 1.2 Range: 0.8-1.8 ng/dL

I take 100 mg of tirosint and 30 mcg of Cytomel per day. I feel really good now, but the switch from Levoxyl to Tirosint was awful. I'm 6 weeks in on the tirosint, and feel MUCH better on this than I ever did on Levoxyl. The addition of a T3 drug was what helped the most though.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what my levels are but we could not get them to move, overtime I have reached 450mg of Synthroid (name brand) and 20mgs of Cytomel. I am hoping/praying I can lower my Synthroid soon. But I had a total thyroidectomy, maybe this is why.
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    So I have a question for those that have been moved to Armour or other natural thryroid. My wife's doctor says that her current synthroid and cytomel doses are too high for her to be switched and he is giving her other thyroid supporting supplements to wean her off of the synthetics.

Has anyone had this happen as well? You end up taking a smaller dose of the natural thyroid and it works better for you? If I remember correctly she's on 75mg of T4 and 17.5mg of T3 daily.

I have no gland and over the course of 2 years my meds were raised over and over again, finally reaching 200 of Synthroid and 20 of Cytomel. I've been on Armour for just 2 weeks at a dose that would be equal to about 76 Synthroid and 18 Cytomel. I don't have a long list of hypo symptoms, but dropping the T4 that much and that quickly made no difference in how I feel. I've never heard of weaning off synthetics, esp if one is already taking T3. But as long as she feels fine, there's no reason to do differently.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    So I have a question for those that have been moved to Armour or other natural thryroid. My wife's doctor says that her current synthroid and cytomel doses are too high for her to be switched and he is giving her other thyroid supporting supplements to wean her off of the synthetics.

Has anyone had this happen as well? You end up taking a smaller dose of the natural thyroid and it works better for you? If I remember correctly she's on 75mg of T4 and 17.5mg of T3 daily.

I have no gland and over the course of 2 years my meds were raised over and over again, finally reaching 200 of Synthroid and 20 of Cytomel. I've been on Armour for just 2 weeks at a dose that would be equal to about 76 Synthroid and 18 Cytomel. I don't have a long list of hypo symptoms, but dropping the T4 that much and that quickly made no difference in how I feel. I've never heard of weaning off synthetics, esp if one is already taking T3. But as long as she feels fine, there's no reason to do differently.

What I am hearing her is I could take less with Armour then I am with Synthroid???
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been hypo since about October 2009 (4 yrs). My dose of Eltroxcin was 50mcg for the first 3.5 yrs and I was getting tested every 6 months as I was going through a medical clinic. I started tracking my levels now that I have a doctor (no endocrinologist unless the doctor finds she cannot manage my case). When she first tested me in June my TSH was 5.34 and my T4 was 15.5. The doctor doubled my dose (ie. my dose went up to 100 mcg). She just retested me and it looks like they only did TSH and tested for antibodies. My TSH is down to 0.77 and the antibodies test is in progress as of when I was last in the doctor's office (the test was done a week ago). The funny thing is that the range for TSH differs so greatly, the lab within my doctor's office goes between 0.35-4.5 or so and the lab that did my test had normal range at 0.35-5.50...which explains why previous doctors did not change my dose (ie I presume they were using that second normal range).

I found when I switched dose my body took at least 3 weeks to adjust to the new dose. Now things are fairly stable and aside from BP dips I am doing well and maintaining weight except when I overindulge...ie things are normal.

We really need to be our own advocate when it comes to thyroid issues.
  • horselady34
    horselady34 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I was born without the thyroid gland and I'm only on 50 mcgs and I feel horrible, I would love to be on 200 mcgs but I'll never see that day :(
  • horselady34
    horselady34 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah here are my levels

TSH- 0.01
    T4-8.8
    Free T4- 1.82
    Free T3 -4
    Totall T3-1.5

I feel hypo symptoms and not sure why cause my levels are definatley not showing hypothyroid