a Chip a Chair and a Chance

Options
124»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Offline is real time. People have to be in the moment and approach. Online, you can take your time, peruse, be creative behind a keyboard. In offline, it's a split second decision.

I definitely think that offline, more of your true colors show, because as you said, it's a split section decision as to what you say. Some people are better at quick on the spot thoughts, while others do better and come off better if they have time to sit and craft what they want to say.
    And you need to go to places where singles are. Single men do not hang out at daycare centers for example.

It is so hard to meet people, and now, I have it worse. I work overnights. I work, come home and sleep until three, then get up, do errands and go to the gym, and come back home and nap from 7-9 before getting up and going to work. I thought it was hard to meet men before. Now it's 1000% harder, and frustrating. I get every other weekend off normally, but because of other circumstances, I haven't had a true weekend off since I started.

If I go out for my lunch/dinner meal before work, I eat at about five,and most men my age are not going out for early-bird dinners. The gym has a few people but that's not a realistic place to meet people.

So yeah, it is hard to meet people! I just feel too young to go online at this point though. I am just at a standstill!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to meet people, and now, I have it worse. I work overnights. I work, come home and sleep until three, then get up, do errands and go to the gym, and come back home and nap from 7-9 before getting up and going to work. I thought it was hard to meet men before. Now it's 1000% harder, and frustrating. I get every other weekend off normally, but because of other circumstances, I haven't had a true weekend off since I started.

If I go out for my lunch/dinner meal before work, I eat at about five,and most men my age are not going out for early-bird dinners. The gym has a few people but that's not a realistic place to meet people.

So yeah, it is hard to meet people! I just feel too young to go online at this point though. I am just at a standstill!

I'm not entirely sure that your schedule is 100% of the issue. Bartenders in most cities get off work at 2:30 AM or 3 AM, and often their beds are filled. In places like New Orleans (Bourbon Street), Miami (South Beach) or New York City, closing time is even later than that. For example, I think closing time in South Beach is 5 AM.

I think you should talk to the other nurses (at least I think you are a nurse, I could be wrong) about how they meet people. There are plenty of night shift female nurses who manage to have boyfriends.

The gym itself has issues as a meeting place, but exercise classes can make sense.

Speak up, or do research around the Internet.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

I'm not entirely sure that your schedule is 100% of the issue. Bartenders in most cities get off work at 2:30 AM or 3 AM, and often their beds are filled. In places like New Orleans (Bourbon Street), Miami (South Beach) or New York City, closing time is even later than that. For example, I think closing time in South Beach is 5 AM.

I think you should talk to the other nurses (at least I think you are a nurse, I could be wrong) about how they meet people. There are plenty of night shift female nurses who manage to have boyfriends.

The gym itself has issues as a meeting place, but exercise classes can make sense.

You can't compare a nurse to a bartender. Bartenders are constantly in a social enviroment while nurses are not.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

You can't compare a nurse to a bartender. Bartenders are constantly in a social enviroment while nurses are not.

Fair point, but that was only part of what I was saying. Besides, I am sure some nurses get hit on at work. I do perceive a social component to nursing.

But I am sure that some female nurses who work overnights have boyfriends. And I'm sure there are male nurses on overnights with girlfriends.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    even as a guy im pretty selective in who i respond to. "remotely" attractive or interesting is not good enough for me so i dont waste my time.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Clearly you need to change tables. Or if it's a tournament, pray the table breaks up soon. Otherwise, you could try bluffing like mad and at least pick up the blinds, but if anybody plays back at you, they've got the goods, just fold.

Oh wait, we're talking about dating, aren't we?

Um, sorry, got nothing.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    1. she's probably chatting to too many guys already, or probably seeing someone
    2. the content of your message isn't interesting enough
    3. Youre shooting below your league and she basically thinks you're taking the piss as you're far too good looking for her!
    4. Your profile is rude, arrogant, unromantic, too picky, too serious, too long, too short, not appropriate.....etc..... :laugh:

In your case I would think it's somewhere between the overly confident women being tied up and the women lacking in self esteem thinking you're not serious :flowerforyou:

Bloomin minefield isnt it :huh:

I have to agree with Anna... the hot women are probably buried in messages.. I don't know... and if someone like me got a message from you, they'd think "oh, he's a scammer... too good looking to talk to me" lol
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Apparently my luck has changed... in the last 24 hours I am 3 for 3 in getting replies on POF, one of them being in the 8-10 range. But then I wake up this morning to a text from a buddy who wants to hook me up with a gal that he claims is perfect for me. But wait... just as I was going to buy a lotto ticket my sister in-law's friend randomly facebooks me, that she has a friend she would like to set me up with. WTF! Does anyone else have seasons they are in fashion, apparently fall and spring bring out the shine in my eyes or something.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    People wanna mate in Spring, and cuddle up in Autumn....or so I've observed.

Congrats! =)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Apparently my luck has changed... in the last 24 hours I am 3 for 3 in getting replies on POF, one of them being in the 8-10 range. But then I wake up this morning to a text from a buddy who wants to hook me up with a gal that he claims is perfect for me. But wait... just as I was going to buy a lotto ticket my sister in-law's friend randomly facebooks me, that she has a friend she would like to set me up with. WTF! Does anyone else have seasons they are in fashion, apparently fall and spring bring out the shine in my eyes or something.

I dont know but I would go get that lotto ticket if I were you. Ride the wave my friend lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

When it rains it pours, grab a bucket and enjoy!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Has the weather been bad there recently? I noticed a while back that if we have 2-3 rainy days in a row when people are stuck inside I get more messages.

Regardless, that's awesome news! Have fun & keep us posted!
  • DMZ_1
    Options

Good stuff! Prioritize the two set ups higher, but keep talking to the 3 POF women.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    yes, always seems to happen that way.........feast or famine........while you are feasting, enjoy every minute !!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

woooooo hoooooooooo!!! fill yer boots darlin!! :bigsmile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Oh Anna I get some of the best expressions from you lol :laugh:
  • DMZ_1
    Options

The English are pretty awesome with their expressions!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Besides, I am sure some nurses get hit on at work.

Maybe, but I work with four other people at night...all women...
    I do perceive a social component to nursing.

When I'm not running my *kitten* off!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Talking about penis size prior to an in person meeting is not the way to go.

Am I right to assume it is a bad idea upon greeting a person in real life for the first time too? unsure.gif

bellylaugh.gif

I dunno, I kinda like knowing in advance if I should bother pursuing on not! Hahaha
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Has the weather been bad there recently? I noticed a while back that if we have 2-3 rainy days in a row when people are stuck inside I get more messages.

Regardless, that's awesome news! Have fun & keep us posted!

I think it was a commercial online for Match.com that said the same thing... and I agree. I get a lot more messages on rainy days :smile:

Yay, Jim for a change in luck! It really is rainy there, haha....I think we all go through cycles. I've had a streak of the number of days in a row with 2 or more messages, which shocks me. BUT I say that because they're all freaks, so I kinda want the streak to END, haha...