Off the Amaryl!

Crochetluvr
Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
I saw the doctor today....after a fasting reading of 55....and he decided it was time to take me off the Amaryl! I have to wait 5 days (for the drug to get out of my system) then test again and if the reading is below 120mg, I can stay off. I don't think I will have a problem. He told me to stay on the Metformin to help with my weight loss so I will keep using that for now. I don't even care that I didn't lose any weight at my weekly weigh in. Just SO happy to be getting my diabetes under control with diet. It CAN be done!!

Replies

• Congratulations... Great news!!! Keep it up.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Yay! Congratulations!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Truly truly awesome!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    congrats....i came off all my meds 3 months ago. i just had my A1C checked and still good. so i can stay off. it feels so good. keep up the good work
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Awesome news......that is my goal when I go for my blood work in November. Congrats to you and you have given me hope that 'I can do it!!'
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Congratulations... that's fantastic news
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Thank you, everyone! I feel liberated, if you know what I mean. :)
  • ginaxena
    ginaxena Posts: 16 Member
    Wow! You must be dancing the happy dance. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Great job! It is a huge NSV to reduce your drugs.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    What wonderful news! Congratulations.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    I sure do know what you mean! I was able to get off the meds 18 months ago. Some trouble spots, but still med-free. It is hard... for me... to stay as disciplined as med-free requires, but it's awesome if we can. Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for you!