Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Off the Amaryl!

Crochetluvr
Crochetluvr Posts: 3,164 Member
I saw the doctor today....after a fasting reading of 55....and he decided it was time to take me off the Amaryl! I have to wait 5 days (for the drug to get out of my system) then test again and if the reading is below 120mg, I can stay off. I don't think I will have a problem. He told me to stay on the Metformin to help with my weight loss so I will keep using that for now. I don't even care that I didn't lose any weight at my weekly weigh in. Just SO happy to be getting my diabetes under control with diet. It CAN be done!!

Replies

• Congratulations... Great news!!! Keep it up.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Yay! Congratulations!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Truly truly awesome!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    congrats....i came off all my meds 3 months ago. i just had my A1C checked and still good. so i can stay off. it feels so good. keep up the good work
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Awesome news......that is my goal when I go for my blood work in November. Congrats to you and you have given me hope that 'I can do it!!'
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Congratulations... that's fantastic news
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,164 Member
    Thank you, everyone! I feel liberated, if you know what I mean. :)
  • ginaxena
    ginaxena Posts: 16 Member
    Wow! You must be dancing the happy dance. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Great job! It is a huge NSV to reduce your drugs.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    What wonderful news! Congratulations.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    I sure do know what you mean! I was able to get off the meds 18 months ago. Some trouble spots, but still med-free. It is hard... for me... to stay as disciplined as med-free requires, but it's awesome if we can. Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for you!