A Poof Rant...

Options
13»

Replies

• NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Is this Brenda , Mike?! I'm almost afraid to ask how she misrepresented herself?!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Is this Brenda , Mike?! I'm almost afraid to ask how she misrepresented herself?!

Bingo. She just looked completely different on all her Facebook photos. I understand putting your best photos on a dating site, but with her, it was downright misleading. I've learned to stay away from profiles with blurry pictures.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Bingo. She just looked completely different on all her Facebook photos. I understand putting your best photos on a dating site, but with her, it was downright misleading. I've learned to stay away from profiles with blurry pictures.

Sorry to hear about that.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    A couple of questions to ponder...

Had you met in person (it sounds as you had not yet) and he for the most part met your expectations do you think you would have stayed around?

In contrast to that given what you posted in the abuse thread had he turned out to be that kind of person were you already hopelessly sold on him and would not accept that fact or excuse it?

Oh, Carl. Be careful. You might find yourself in one of my fantasies. :wink: :flowerforyou:

I don't know if I can answer those questions. My way of thinking tends to lean towards: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is, and I usually end up sabotaging the relationship somehow.

And as far as being in an abusive relationship... well, remember when I said in the thread that I still don't believe I'm one of THOSE women? Yeah. Refer back to that statement. But, to answer your question, no, I don't think I would allow myself to be in that kind of relationship ever again... and it's not even about me... but the mama bear in me is too protective of my children...

I wish I had something brilliant I could write and suddenly you are by all the hurt and emotional issues of the past but unfortunately I can`t.
    At the least you are recognizing self defeating things about yourself of today.
    Without facing that things will not get better for you.

I suspect you have some real counseling but if not it would probably be a good idea if you can do it.
    My guess is that it will take some time almost daily looking inward and trying to heal so a person trained in these areas that you can regularly talk with will be helpful.

One thing I can tell you though is that you can learn to accept the fact that you are beautiful,it is nice to hear it but let it reinforce what you know rather then be statement trying to convince you it is true. :flowerforyou:

Seriously, Carl, this is why I'm so glad you are my friend here. :flowerforyou: :love: :smile: Thank you.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I'm poofing on someone as speak (and for a damn good reason)

Here's the situation, a woman and I have been exchanging emails online for about 3-4 days. She tells me to e-mail her on her personal email, which she then gave me.

Well, then I searched for her and found her on Facebook. I was shocked to see the photos she has up there. She looks like a completely different person! I know online dating is a "buyer beware" type of situation, but this is ridiculous. Her online profile had 3 pictures all from the chest up (most were blurry as well). I didn't even recognize her from her recent photos on Facebook.

Lessons learned.. only contact women who have clear, full body photos. I don't give a crap if she has pictures of her skydiving, pictures of her dog, a sunset, or anything like that. I have a feeling I dodged a bullet here.

I guess the biggest reason for poofing online is if they misrepresent themselves in their online profile.

Thanks, Mike, for your kind words earlier...
    sorry to hear that your potential date misrepresented herself.
    That's one reason I put full body pics up... and am completely honest up front.. I would hate to meet a guy and have him go, "Ummm, no thank you." LOL (I've never had that happen by the way... if he likes my pics, he likes me in person... )
  • The_Iron
    Options

Here's the situation, a woman and I have been exchanging emails online for about 3-4 days. She tells me to e-mail her on her personal email, which she then gave me.

Well, then I searched for her and found her on Facebook. I was shocked to see the photos she has up there. She looks like a completely different person! I know online dating is a "buyer beware" type of situation, but this is ridiculous. Her online profile had 3 pictures all from the chest up (most were blurry as well). I didn't even recognize her from her recent photos on Facebook.

Lessons learned.. only contact women who have clear, full body photos. I don't give a crap if she has pictures of her skydiving, pictures of her dog, a sunset, or anything like that. I have a feeling I dodged a bullet here.

I guess the biggest reason for poofing online is if they misrepresent themselves in their online profile.

In 'most' cases you will never see the actual person look as good as they do/did in their profile pics. TRUTH.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

In 'most' cases you will never see the actual person look as good as they do/did in their profile pics. TRUTH.

Not true...99% of the time people will look better in pictures but there is still that 1% who looks better in person than in pictures - Some people have to go by the personality first to see if finding out what he/she really looks like in person is even worth the effort - you can't go by pictures all of the time - You have to find out for your self in person. Just sayin' :happy:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I know this is old... and everyone has been poofed on... and probably poofed...

But I need to rant...

I've been talking to this one guy for over a month. We've talked for hours, about so many things... We've had those deep intellectual conversations, we've talked about our fears, our hopes, our dreams... we've talked about fun stuff... every day...

And now he's ignoring me.

And I'm sad.

For some odd reason, I guess I thought he was different... I let myself get emotionally attached too soon... and now he's gone...

I know it does suck when this happens b/c people should have enough respect to at least say 'hey, I am really not interested in you like that' or something just to let you know it's done - rather than let someone hang on to hope b/c that is not fair and definitely not cool at all. They all seem different online. It sucks but until you meet in person you will never really know who they are.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Not true...99% of the time people will look better in pictures but there is still that 1% who looks better in person than in pictures - Some people have to go by the personality first to see if finding out what he/she really looks like in person is even worth the effort - you can't go by pictures all of the time - You have to find out for your self in person. Just sayin' :happy:

That happened to me with the last person I dated. His pictures were good but when I saw him I was literally speechless for a couple seconds.

Unfortunately he was an emotional project so I broke it off with him.