got my very first ever Greek yogurt.....need help.

Options
13»

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It could also just be the Yoplait brand of greek yogurt. I find I really dislike most greek yogurts because of the texture, kind of a gritty texture. My personal favorite brand is Chobani, they have GREAT flavors.

^^This

I do not like the Yoplait Greek Yogurt. I like the Okios or the Fage. They taste MUCH better than Yoplait.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It makes a great nonfat protein rich ranch dip. I use 1 cup plain greek yogurt plus 1/2 packet hidden valley powder, some chopped chives and a shake or 2 of Mrs. Dash. If its too thick, thin down with water or skim milk. I also add a squirt or 2 of sriracha hot sauce. Delish!! Makes a great snack with celery sticks or carrot chips.

oh my gosh that sounds really yummy!

I always have this in my fridge! Makes for a great quick snack!
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It makes a great nonfat protein rich ranch dip. I use 1 cup plain greek yogurt plus 1/2 packet hidden valley powder, some chopped chives and a shake or 2 of Mrs. Dash. If its too thick, thin down with water or skim milk. I also add a squirt or 2 of sriracha hot sauce. Delish!! Makes a great snack with celery sticks or carrot chips.

Great suggestion, delicious and healthy!

Also, you can use plain to make Greek Tzatziki dip (just add grated cucumber, some minced garlic and dill - fresh or dried) which is great on sandwiches and as a veggie dip!
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I drain a large quantity of yoghurt in a cheese cloth. It takes a night. It turns into Lebneh. Lebneh is a Lebanese cheese dip. Once the yoghurt is drained you can top it with olive oil and sprinkled dried mint. I eat it as a dip with cucumbers or carrots. It's delicious !!
  • ErinPez
    ErinPez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing when I found out I was allergic to dairy. There is something about Greek yogurt that makes it still okay for me to eat. I understand what you mean about it tasting chalky. I like adding banana or granola, something that you can mix in and takes your attention away from the texture of the yogurt. That's what I did, and now when I have it plain it tastes fine.
  • tbarnard02
    tbarnard02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the 100 calorie Yoplait greek yogurt and add granola on top. It's good and satisfying.