On Board for an October Challenge??

Options
Hey Guys!

I know we're all not quite done with our September challenges, but October is coming soon, I thought it might be a good idea to start thinking about our goals for the month! :)

Who is still with me? The rules are the same - Choose an exercise (or two or three!) that we can measure in distance/miles and then choose a personal goal that will challenge you. Walking, Running, Biking, Rowing, It's totally up to you.. Then just check in with the group once in a while, let us know how you are doing, maybe get or give some inspiration and motivation.

New Members are ALWAYS Welcome! We're pretty nice around here, I promise! :happy:

Replies

• AnnilyiahMarie
    AnnilyiahMarie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am ready for the October Challenge! I am wanting to run/ walk at least 75 miles:happy: hopefully i wont turn too red:embarassed:
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this ....

My challenge is to walk 50 miles and cycle 100 miles.
  • AyeshaNewaz
    AyeshaNewaz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    oops i have just realized that i dont do running, walking or jogging... i do swimming, combination of elliptical n bike very rarely, n aerobics indoors......
  • Vicstar1977
    Options
    Im in, though Im a bit daunted by everyones 50 and 100 mile goals!! Im thinking more like 32, thats 2 miles four times a week. I'll be walk/jog/running. :happy:
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to back down to about 30 miles for October because I am planning to focus on toning up some more. Doing Jillian workouts 3xs a week and running 2xs a week is what I'm tentatively planning.. I keep losing weight with all this running we've been doing but now it's time to tone things up! :)
  • livingandlovinglife
    Options
    I'm in, I'm in LOL! I think that I am going to do 50 miles again....combination of Walk Away the Pounds dvd and biking.
  • WLB1976
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm new to all of this so go gentle with me! :wink:

I stumbled across this group while browsing the forums earlier this afternoon and I thought that a challenge, where I compete only against myself, would be a brilliant motivational tool.

My challenge for October is to cycle 750 miles.

This may seem like a huge number to some people, but I should explain that I am already covering 30 miles per ride, so having worked it all out I think 750 miles across October is doable at a push!

I wish all of you the very best of luck with your own challenges!

W
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    My challenge for October is to cycle 750 miles.

That is some goal! How long does it take you to ride 30 miles? Where do you bike? As I get into running longer distances, I'm finding that there is no safe place around me to bike/run/walk and I cannot go round and round in circles! I would love to hear what other people do.
  • WLB1976
    Options
    I average 30 miles in around 110 minutes, burning around 1650 cals depending upon weather conditions and how tired my legs are! The calories burn is computed by a Garmin Edge 500 and a HRM as I find MFP estimates my burn at 80% more than I actually do. :noway: I have a route where I cycle mainly through country lanes to avoid heavy traffic; the views are much nicer too!
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I'm in. October is the month on my 13K so I will be following my training plan very closely.

Running - 60 miles
    Walking - 35 miles
    Biking - 55 miles

Total: 150 miles!
  • WLB1976
    Options
    I should have mentioned that if anyone in this challenge group wants to add me as a friend please do. Also, my cycling profile can be tracked via a link in my MFP profile.

Best wishes.

W
  • Marie294
    Options
    I am so happy to see some new faces! Welcome everyone!

I think I am going to shoot for 50 Miles this month. I am thinking of joining a gym near us, so I might not do as much walking, but if we do join the gym Im sure I'll try out the bikes and ellipticals, etc :)

It's so great to have this personal goal, but to know that so many of you are with me !! :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    oops i have just realized that i dont do running, walking or jogging... i do swimming, combination of elliptical n bike very rarely, n aerobics indoors......

You can still be a part of the group! :) You can do laps for the pool, distance for the elliptical and bike, and minutes for the aerobics if you want. Any of those would be great! Since it's all about picking a goal to push yourself, any goal you'd like to make is great! If you want to even work out a certain times a week or something, that can be your goal :)
  • benjo384
    benjo384 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    thank you for invite, just joined. Will set goal at 60 km for the month and will post weekly updates of progress to keep me on track. All this exercise new to me so starting of semi small....small steps hoping to improve by end of month.
    :blushing:
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My challenge for October is to walk 30 hours
  • Marie294
    Options
    thank you for invite, just joined. Will set goal at 60 km for the month and will post weekly updates of progress to keep me on track. All this exercise new to me so starting of semi small....small steps hoping to improve by end of month.
    :blushing:

Slow and steady wins the race, every time! :) So glad you are joining us! :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    My challenge for October is to walk 30 hours

Excellent Goal! :) Do you usually like to walk inside or outside, or use a treadmill? :) I was an outside walker for the past few months, but now that it's getting cold I'm looking to find a way to work out inside! :)
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I dont have treadmil. There are some days that I cant walk. So I have to do it in 22 days (outside)
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on board! I'm going to set my goal up from 50 last month to 60 this month. That's still a little lowish, but I've got other things I want to do also (yoga, pilates, toying with the idea of Jiu Jitsu, but depends on if the deal I want is still available or not!). I love that I hit my goal for last month, even on a gimpy foot at the end.

I walk, interval jog, and bicycle. Once I get back into biking more, my mileage will go up substantially.

Love these sorts of groups, happy to see that this one seems to go on from month to month! I use this in conjunction with FB accountability group(s)..they compliment my needs/goals very well together.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 4 miles brisk walk (I'm not counting any other steps / walks; just when I set out intentionally to walk)

exercise.png