October 1 - 7 Mini Challenge

Replies

• kimberly2504
    kimberly2504 Posts: 60 Member
    Monday me Tuesday didn't go so well for me. Very stressful days. I'm going to try my best today though and plan to get it all done.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    bump

.? What does that mean?

a bump means "I don't have anything to say right now, but I want to be able to find it later" Kinda' like I'm doing right now:laugh:

Yes :happy: I didn't have time to respond at the moment, but I wanted to be able to easily get back to the topic.
  • jessilee119
    TUESDAY: Met the water and fruit/veggies goal. I CAN'T do pushups...need to get stronger to do those. But, I did do TAEBO yesterday for the first time in a year (can't believe it's been a year since I found out I was pregnant. That exercise gave me quite a workout :laugh:

WEDNESDAY: Should be able to meet the water challenge. Not sure about the food challenge-I'm assuming rice and pasta are considered "bread" and I brought a Smart Ones Fettucine Alfredo for lunch (might get a salad instead though).
  • xXxBlissxXx
    xXxBlissxXx Posts: 33 Member
    Wednesday Mini Challenge
    Food: no bread today
    Strength: 100 squats

Complete! XD
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Wed: Did the 100 squats 10 reps of 10 sets through out the day. Didn't have bread in particular but did have some pasta (which I am sure is counted in the bread family for the challenge so didn't do that) Water is in!

About to go for a 30min walk. SO just a quick check in. Hope everyone is having a good night!
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Wednesday:
    100 squats-check
    No bread-check (although, I did have oatmeal and pasta-but I did avoid bread, bagels, and english muffins...I'm hoping that counts for something!)
    8 glasses of water-only got 6 in today, I need to start drinking more water earlier in the morning to get it all in by the end of the day
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    for the day that has the tricep kickback is there something else we can do instead? i dont feel comfortable using the dunbells (or whatever theyre called) at my gym. let alone be in that area of the gym. especially by myself lol
  • Wednesday Mini Challenge
    Food: no bread today : Done
    Strength: 100 squats : Done
    Water: at least 64ozs : Done

Loving it
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    wednesday!
    food: didn't have bread ( i have celiac so don't often have bread anyways :P lol)
    strength: 100 squats, got it. barely, but did.
    and always drink that much water before it's even noon so...yea...
    also i've done cardio every day this week so far (20 min of 30DS a day, plus two C25k workouts)
    :) winning.
  • skinnyjeans5186
    skinnyjeans5186 Posts: 13 Member
    Wednesday- Did my 100 squats, didn't have any bread. I was planning on having some stuffed artichoke I made, but it has bread crumbs in it, so I didn't. I will have it tomorrow. Working on my water intake. Did some 50 crunches as well. Overall a great day, and with my exercise I have over 900 calories left and am completely satisfied.
  • jessilee119
    Wednesday- Did my 100 squats, didn't have any bread. I was planning on having some stuffed artichoke I made, but it has bread crumbs in it, so I didn't. I will have it tomorrow. Working on my water intake. Did some 50 crunches as well. Overall a great day, and with my exercise I have over 900 calories left and am completely satisfied.

That's great!! Mmm...stuffed artichoke sounds good :happy:
  • xXxBlissxXx
    for the day that has the tricep kickback is there something else we can do instead? i dont feel comfortable using the dunbells (or whatever theyre called) at my gym. let alone be in that area of the gym. especially by myself lol

You could always do it at home holding a bag of sugar or something equivalent in weight. That's what I'm going to do :)
  • kimberly2504
    kimberly2504 Posts: 60 Member
    Wednesday: Got my water in and my squats done. Ended up having a sandwich for dinner... it was literally the healthiest choice I had at home, I need to go shopping. Those 2 slices of whole grain bread were all I had for the day and my carb count was definitely lower than usual.

Thursday: Let's see what I can find to do the tricep kickbacks... hm.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190

You could always do it at home holding a bag of sugar or something equivalent in weight. That's what I'm going to do :)

haha i dont think we have sugar but thats a good idea!! thanks
  • xXxBlissxXx
    Thursday Mini Challenge
    Food: no salt today
    Strength: 10 sets of 10 tricep kickbacks

Another successful day :)
  • mommashelli
    Thurs: No added salt, got in my 10 sets of triceps kickbacks. and water in as always. not looking forward to tom with lunges...oh boy that will be a fun day....lol
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Thursday:
    no added salt-check
    10 sets of tricep kickbacks-check...although I did them in 5 sets of 20, same amount, right?
    water-just starting my 7th glass, trying to finish this one and one more before I go to bed!

I love these challenges, they have helped remind me of my long term goal all week...I resisted some cake that someone brought to work today because I was thinking about squeezing my exercises and water in instead!
  • skinnyjeans5186
    skinnyjeans5186 Posts: 13 Member
    Thursday- did tricep kickbacks and no extra salt intake. Drank 6 cups of water, can't seem to make it to that magic number 8...oh well I'll try again tomorrow..
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Squats done for yesterday and tricep kickbacks done for today, Good on the water intake but the food challenges are another matter.....I have no discipline!
    Great job everyone!!!!
  • mommashelli
    Friday! It is finally the weekend. YAY. Water is in, food within cals (not a problem). DId lunges well 10 forward one and my knees where killing me. SO I modified it to aerobic side lunges. Hey I did the best I could, but just going to have to build up strength here.

Happy Weekend to everyone, getting on late to post b/c for once it was a beautiful day!