To the people with Front Butts (Lower hanging belly)

Options
2»

Replies

• incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    oh i have the front butt (yuck) too. mine hung almost to my knees when i weighed 398. i've lost 74 lbs so far and it does seem to be a bit smaller. i sure hope it continues to shrink as i continue to lose. it is the only part of me that i hate.
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love all of you! Just about the time a thought crosses my mind you ask it and answer it your the best!!:bigsmile:
  • Bekarington
    Bekarington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    really glad someone asked this! Its nice to hear it may shrink! but also what people do to try and rid it!

for a long time I put off losing weight though fear of excess saggy skin, but now I realize its better to have a bit of extra skin, rather than a whole other persons weight on me, but its good to know there are things you can do to rid that too!
  • TheRainIsGone
    Options
    Hi, I joined this group so I could reply to this thread!

I was going to a weight loss clinic last year, and the doc there told me that my skin was still springy enough that I would not need surgery after the weight loss.
    I was on a controversial hormone therapy that is also supposed to help with skin elasticity; whether it does or not, I don't know.

However, I think it has to do with both the amount of collagen still in your skin (age/hormones still available) and the rate of loss.
    Losing slowly and then maintaining for a little while is very helpful. So is supporting the skin during the weight loss, with the right undergarments.

I'm using a back support type of "girdle" that lifts the belly and has straps that go over the shoulder. I found that the stretchy type body stocking things tend to pull me down and flatten me out.

Part of the problem is they don't make them large enough to help the people that really need them. There's a business opportunity there...
    What I'd like to see for sale is a belly sling, similar to a leisure-sleep bra that slings under that front butt and is supported by shoulder straps or something.

I've read that post-pregnancy wraps help women lose their belly after having a baby, so it makes sense that supporting and compressing the skin would help it to shrink, rather than having it hanging at the mercy of gravity.

But the reason I wanted to reply is to say, I've lost 89 pounds, and went from having a hard lymphedema tumor in my front butt (that was full of sores and dripping water onto the floor), to a smaller, smoother-skinned belly that is now soft as a baby's butt, and it's shrinking.
    THERE IS HOPE!
    If I need a tummy tuck when I'm all done, then I will get one, but I doubt a body-lift will be necessary.
    Just don't be too drastic in the speed of your weight loss, and try to support that thing.

Beth
  • ChristinaPerrine
    Options
    I use body wraps and this lotion called Defining Gel from It Works! Both products work to tighten and tone SKIN!!! I also wear a body-shape wear girdle thing...everyday! I am seeing results, but I have much farther to go...

Side note-a lady in my Zumba class told me that she wraps her belly in saran wrap every night, she believes that is what helped her after her baby...