65,000 dollars in matchmaking?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Rich guys should have an advantage in the dating game, but technique still matters.
    Why should?
    I think DM means that they should have an advantage because they're wealthy and that should make them more attractive to women, and they can take you out on really nice dates, and you know they'd be able to afford a nice life for you two should you date and marry.
    Does not compute... lol. I want to date someone for who they are, not their wallet.
    It is kind of like the crazy hot scale some guys use. Some women use the poor hot scale. The hotter they are the less rich they have to be, the less attractive the more rich.
    I am in no way saying all women do this but enough of them do that it is a valid point since some women see money = security.
    So in this day and age, is anyone here *really* arguing that money isn't an advantage? A bonus?

Or in plain terms, imagine:
    - Me, with $30,000,
    - Me, with $500,000

Guess who should have an advantage in the dating game? The "me" who can afford more stuff or the one who can afford less stuff (means: clothes, gifts, travels, relaxation massage, haircut, restaurants and more). The great thing is that when you can afford more, you can still afford less (so I could still pretend I only have $30,000).

Oh no, I get it now. It's probably because rich people are horrible, egocentric b@stards and us, poor people, at least we stick together, right?

TL;DR: Yes, someone with more money should be at an advantage in the dating game.
    A lot of rich people are tight wads with their money. How does a ritch person who doesn't like to spend money have an advantage over a normal person?

Money = Security. A rich man in his 40s that is a tight wad will have more money stashed away for retirement. This is actually better then a rich person that spends their money on frivilous things.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Rich guys should have an advantage in the dating game, but technique still matters.
    Why should?
    I think DM means that they should have an advantage because they're wealthy and that should make them more attractive to women, and they can take you out on really nice dates, and you know they'd be able to afford a nice life for you two should you date and marry.
    Does not compute... lol. I want to date someone for who they are, not their wallet.
    It is kind of like the crazy hot scale some guys use. Some women use the poor hot scale. The hotter they are the less rich they have to be, the less attractive the more rich.
    I am in no way saying all women do this but enough of them do that it is a valid point since some women see money = security.
    So in this day and age, is anyone here *really* arguing that money isn't an advantage? A bonus?

Or in plain terms, imagine:
    - Me, with $30,000,
    - Me, with $500,000

Guess who should have an advantage in the dating game? The "me" who can afford more stuff or the one who can afford less stuff (means: clothes, gifts, travels, relaxation massage, haircut, restaurants and more). The great thing is that when you can afford more, you can still afford less (so I could still pretend I only have $30,000).

Oh no, I get it now. It's probably because rich people are horrible, egocentric b@stards and us, poor people, at least we stick together, right?

TL;DR: Yes, someone with more money should be at an advantage in the dating game.
    A lot of rich people are tight wads with their money. How does a ritch person who doesn't like to spend money have an advantage over a normal person?

Money = Security. A rich man in his 40s that is a tight wad will have more money stashed away for retirement. This is actually better then a rich person that spends their money on frivilous things.

Even better, and old rich dude in his 70's that's about to die want a girl to have fun with that he will then leave his fortune to.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Even better, and old rich dude in his 70's that's about to die want a girl to have fun with that he will then leave his fortune to.
    THIS is the only reason why I'm all for women to access high salary jobs - so that I too can hope to meet a rich woman in her 70s who is about to die (unlikely at present).
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    THIS is the only reason why I'm all for women to access high salary jobs - so that I too can hope to meet a rich woman in her 70s who is about to die (unlikely at present).

Yeah, women tend to live longer (so shoot more for the 80's) and they haven't had access to high paying jobs like that for very long so your best bet would be a rich widow. Maybe in another twenty years or so there'll be more of this. Good luck!