What MA and rank are you?

Options

Replies

• chandjm
    chandjm Posts: 16
    Options
    E-dan(2nd degree black belt) Tang Soo Do. TSD is the traditional version of TKD. I have about a year-half to be eligible to test for 3rd dan.
  • Recovering_for_cupcakes
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who just tested or is testing this week!!! Celebrate your wonderful accomplishments and be proud!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Practiced many different martial arts during the years: Shotokan Karate,Judo,TaeKwonDo,Shorin Ryu Karate and Ninjutsu.
    For over 13 years.

I stopped for health problems etc...

Came back and been practicing Hoshinkido Hapkido for a couple years now and testing for Red belt pretty soon.
  • Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2nd degree black belt in judo :)
    Also green belt in jiu-jitsu, but I don't do that anymore ;)
  • scottsilver81
    Options
    Well done coloradorobin!
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Well before i got fat..............
    I have a 1st degree black belt in TKD, a Green belt in Judo (my school had more then the traditional white to brown), an Orenge belt in Tang So Do, and another Orange belt in American Kenpo. I most recently studied Jiu Jitsu but there was no ranking system. Another non ranking style i trained in was Called Hagannah. This is a mix of three different Israli military styles. I most enjoyed Hagannah.

However if i had it to do all over again i would have stuck with Judo and Jiu Jitsu. Then added boxing as well. This would have resulted in a more rounded self defense capability. In my humble openion anyway.
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    2nd Dan in ITF Taekwon-Do. Have been eligible to go for 3rd for a few years but I'm more interested in competing. May grade for 3rd next year if I make it to the world champs and do well. I'm also an instructor at my local club so that soaks up 2 training sessions a week.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    2nd Dan in ITF Taekwon-Do. Have been eligible to go for 3rd for a few years but I'm more interested in competing. May grade for 3rd next year if I make it to the world champs and do well. I'm also an instructor at my local club so that soaks up 2 training sessions a week.

After teaching for some time i really started to dislike it. I personally feel that it hurt my training. Long term anyway.
  • Tyrone_S
    Options

After teaching for some time i really started to dislike it. I personally feel that it hurt my training. Long term anyway.

Have to agree. I enjoy it, but I don't like being relied upon to be there all the time. Looking to get out if it for a while to focus on my own stuff.
  • taeson3055
    taeson3055 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Brown Belt (Advanced), Kukkiwon Taekwondo, 1rst Dan is right around the corner in January. Purple Belt in Chinese Kempo (UKKSA). Level 1 Certified 10th Mountain Division Light Fighter's School Combatives.
  • Tyrone_S
    Options
    Brown Belt (Advanced), Kukkiwon Taekwondo, 1rst Dan is right around the corner in January. Purple Belt in Chinese Kempo (UKKSA). Level 1 Certified 10th Mountain Division Light Fighter's School Combatives.

OMG someone who practices WTF style and actually knows what it is!
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    3rd dan black belt in tang soo do, and brown belt in kajukenbo. Of course this was all before i ruptured a disc in my back and gained weight. I remember all the katas, one-steps etc....as for sparring, im a bit out of practice ;)
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options

We're WTF here as well.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    3rd dan black belt in tang soo do, and brown belt in kajukenbo. Of course this was all before i ruptured a disc in my back and gained weight. I remember all the katas, one-steps etc....as for sparring, im a bit out of practice ;)

How's your back now? Are you healing?
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    Better than it was , but slowly getting worse again! I had surgery at 19, didnt fix the problem other than removing a piece of the disc from the nerve. I have permanent nerve damage from it, so my left leg always has a pins and needles feeling to it. I also have daily spasms going from my lower back into my hips and legs when i first wake up before i do my stretches. Losing the weight will hopefully help considerably, but my mom has the same thing (and is a normal weight) and has had the surgery 3 times.....so i guess we'll see.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am sorry :(

I have a bad hip but it is getting better all the time as I lose more weight so perhaps that will help you as well. I wish you the best on this.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options

We're WTF here as well.

Same at my school.
  • zenschick
    zenschick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im a 2nd kyu (brown belt) in Yoshukai Karate. I am about 9mo to a year from my black belt.

Congrats to all the new black belts
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Blue belt (4th kup) Tae Kwon Do - TAGB. On a break at the moment but hoping to get back into it later this month.

Did try Jiujitsu, but just didn't get on with it.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options

We're WTF here as well.

Yep..our school is as well. I should be testing for my black belt in the spring.