How much do you want to lose?

Options
13»

Replies

• barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    45 lbs to go for me. To be honest though, I just want to be healthy. If I keep 15-20 of those pounds as muscle, I'll be a happy camper.

Same here. Once I reach a weight I'm comfortable at, I'm going to stop and focus on getting stronger! Grr!

EXACTLY!! strong is the new skinny!! There is nothing sexier!

I love it that you said "Strong is the new skinny" That's my motto (see my photo:) ) I'd like to lose 5 lbs but then hope to add some wonderful muscle weight soon! Just had my physical with the doctor for the green light to have a physical fitness assessment done and then, wham!, I'm starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred with some JM Killer Buns & Thighs thrown in for good measure! Can hardly wait!
  • penne356
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 130 lbs. So there isn't much to lose but I wouldn't mind being in 120-125 range - I want to gain muscle so don't see that happening. My current goal is just to finish 90 days of P90x with better eating choices. Starting Day 1 very soon =)
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I need to lose around 13 kg (29lbs).

Have been hovering around this weight forever. Pretty sure my bad diet has stg to do with it, but wondering if im not working out hard enough. Tempted to buy a HRM, but dont want to spend anymore than I already am (broke beyond words)
  • My highest was 248lbs and my height is 5' 4"
    Went down to 163lbs
    Gained back to 223lbs
    Currently 217.5lbs
    Would like to be 199lbs by New Years, and if I get under 205lbs by x-mas I'm going to treat myself to a new hair-do for new years.
    In the end I would like to be between 130-140lbs depending on how much muscle I want to gain.
    My goal was always to get skinny but in the past few years I have changed my mind to fit. I want sexi abs!

This is exactly why we cannot stop! My story:
    Got to 198. Dieted to 170 quit gained to 204.
    Dieted to 174. Quit. Gained to 208
    Dieted to 170 quit. Gained to 218

See the pattern? Omg. I dont DARE stop again! What's your story?

Basically my story is everytime something hard in life hits I gain weight back. When i'm happy I workout and eat right but when i'm sad I eat .. and eat.. and eat .. age 16 248lbs, age 17 190lbs, age 21 180lbs (grandmother died and told me on her death bed in my home to live my life no matter what.. gained 20lbs), age 23 163lbs, late age 23 my dad passed away and I started my climb back up to 223lbs where I have been back and forth between 10lbs for 2 years.
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Around 2 stone which is 28lbs....One stone would be a good start tho! According to those measurement thingys where they do your ideal weight for your height mine is something like 9 stone, I think I'd be likw the living dead if I was 9 stone, they don't take in your figure/shape etc into account! But 10-11 stone would be ideal for me!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    10 more lbs by christmas.

25-30 lbs over all.
  • klamarius
    Options
    Long term? 50-70 pounds. Right now? just lose damn weight every week... :)

I'm with you - short term, just want to lose the damn weight each week.
    Long term, about 32 lbs. I wanna hit 150!!!
    And then, of course, re-evaluate when I hit that mark. Most important, though, I want to be healthy!
    Cuz healthy is HOT. :smokin:
  • sollalala
    Options
    Long term goal is to lose 40 kgs (88) amd short term I want to lose 2 pounds per week! First weigh in tomorrow, can't wait to see what it says!
  • shantelbing
    shantelbing Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the strong is the new skinny, I used to train and fight competitively, was working out about 3 hrs 5 days a week then. And of course always came in 1st or 2nd in my tournaments, would love to be able to fight again! Looking to lose around 30, hopefully more towards 40 though and just plain get in shape, stop all this jiggling business going on everywhere!
    ps- apparently for my height im obese :O not good news
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    75 is the goal for now. I want to be under 200 and then I will reassess.

But my ultimate goal is to be strong and toned again. And be able to wear shorts! I haven't worn them out in public for years :sad:
  • SusannaDandana
    Options
    I want to lose 35 lbs. I lost 4 so far. I had gone down from 163 lbs to 140 lbs and then I gained 11 lbs back (so when I stepped on the scale last week I weighed 151 lbs). I almost cried but I'm glad I stopped myself before I gained ALL the weight back!
  • Mama_Mac
    Options
    I have lost 34# since January and would like to lose another 20-30#. I am officiating my best friend's wedding in August 2013, so I can fit in the 2 sizes smaller dress I bought! :) I am thankful I can take my time and lose slowly, so I have a better chance of keeping it off in the long run.
    I am not looking for a quick fix ... I didn't gain it in a day and I am sure as Hell am not going to lose it in a day!
  • heatherduck13
    heatherduck13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is a loaded question for me... I have several goals.... goals that I think are attainable and those that I wish I could hit but know it won't be likely unless my thyroid magically starts working again, my hormones get sorted out, and I can give up my love of cheeseburgers (though I already limit myself to 1-2 cheeseburgers a month)....

I am 5'4", 28 years old, and I currently weigh anywhere between 147 and 151 depending on how much sodium I ingest in a day and what time of the day it is...

My realistic goal is to hit 130 pounds (approximate loss of 20 pounds) by May, which would average about 3-3.5 pounds lost every month.

My overall goal is to be around 115-120 pounds (approximate loss of 30-35 pounds) by this time next year, but at this point in time, that goal doesn't seem attainable. I am trying to keep thinking positively because I know that's the only way my goal will be able to become a reality... so for now I will focus on the realistic goal and adjust accordingly once I hit that goal.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 318
    current weight: 297
    Goal weight: 175

so...

21 lbs down, a whole lot more to go!
  • sunnyj81
    sunnyj81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My total goal is 50lbs. I would like to get back down to around 120lbs. I've had a rocky start, but starting to get into a routine with my eating and exercise. Good luck everyone!
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am not exactly sure how much for me. I started out at 240. My original goal was 200. I have set a goal for 160 now, but that is not set in stone.