Where in the world are you?

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
I'm in Atlanta, Georgia, but I've only been here less than 2 years. Before that, I was in Houston & Galveston, TX for 20 years, NYC for 10, Birmingham, AL for 13, and was originally from New Orleans!

Where are you?

Replies

• Fitmom4boys
    Fitmom4boys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Houston! nw suburbs :)
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Houston! nw suburbs :)

Hello Houston! I lived in Montrose for 10 years, then the Heights, and finally Galveston for the last several that I was there.
  • moityrr
    moityrr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Smaller town about 1 hour east of Toronto, Ontario.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Hi, just found your group and am thrilled. I am 49 and live in a little town outside of Denton Texas. I joined MFP on Aug 27th (my 49th birthday) with the determination to hit my 50s much healthier and lighter. I immediately started looking for women around my age that were succeeding in weight loss, as I knew we had unique challenges in this area. I have around 90 women on my friends list now, many who have lost and kept off significant amounts of weight, despite menopause, injuries, arthritis, etc. They are a great motivation for me whenever I start to doubt myself. I will share the group link on my wall and invite them all to join us here, as there is definitely strength in numbers!
  • Judyndisguise
    Judyndisguise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Syracuse NY here :)
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Hi, just found your group and am thrilled. I am 49 and live in a little town outside of Denton Texas. I joined MFP on Aug 27th (my 49th birthday) with the determination to hit my 50s much healthier and lighter. I immediately started looking for women around my age that were succeeding in weight loss, as I knew we had unique challenges in this area. I have around 90 women on my friends list now, many who have lost and kept off significant amounts of weight, despite menopause, injuries, arthritis, etc. They are a great motivation for me whenever I start to doubt myself. I will share the group link on my wall and invite them all to join us here, as there is definitely strength in numbers!

That's fantastic, Debbie! So happy you're here and that you're inviting your friends. As you can see, we are less than 24 hours old, but we're already growing pretty quickly! Yea!

It's a movement! ;c)
  • momof3kiddos34
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Atlanta, too!! Actually, right outside Atlanta in Gwinnett County. But I went to high school in Atlanta so I know it well. I also lived in NYC for 4 years, went to college there. How cool!!
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Atlanta, too!! Actually, right outside Atlanta in Gwinnett County. But I went to high school in Atlanta so I know it well. I also lived in NYC for 4 years, went to college there. How cool!!

I'm in Decatur. Got here Mar 2011. Love it!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma (Tulsa) for the past 2 years come January. Before that in the Kansas City, Missouri area for the past 28 years and grew up about an hour north of KC.
  • momof3kiddos34
    Options

I'm in Decatur. Got here Mar 2011. Love it!

Oh, I love Decatur! I lived in Virginia Highlands for several years. I miss being able to walk to places!! Walking to Piedmont Park on a nice day was one of my favorite things to do.
  • shay0425
    Options
    Good morning all! I am from Memphis TN but have lived in Las Vegas for the last 3 years. Hoping to move back home next year.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I live in Dagsboro, DE and have for the last 6 years. Prior to that I lived 37 in Southern California. Trust me, Delaware is no California but it's grown on me. I was born in Illinois and live there until I was 8.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Cleveland, Ohio here, for the past 29 years. Came here from Portland, Oregon to attend music school and never left. Loving the beautiful fall weather here right now--golden, sunny, 50-70 degrees. I'm about to get on my bike and enjoy it right now!
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Chicago now, grew up on Long Island NY.
  • sandra152
    Options
    Hello all I live in Manchester UK looks like I am the only one so far from the UK were are all the Brits
  • espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Living in Santa Rosa, California, on the edge of the Sonoma County Wine Country.....we got our first rain today so very beautiful all the leaves on the wine vines are gold and orange quite lovely...
  • evmoses
    evmoses Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How funny..Out of all the people on this site the "one" I message has lived in my home town:smile: Born in and grew up in Houston and live in a suburb of Houston now.
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Born breed and still live in Toronto Ontario. Hoping to eventually move out to the countryside, more of a country girl at heart
  • curliegirl
    Options
    I'm from Columbia, Missouri!
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    I am in Aledo, Texas - just west of Fort Worth...Born and breed and Texas proud !! Love this group!!