Starting today - October 22, 2012

Options
Hello,

I have tried Insanity a few times. Without fail, I fall off of the wagon. Well, I am going to give it one more go. I am going to do my fit test this evening. Then, I will do the workouts in the morning, so I have no excuses. If anyone wants to start today, or has recently started, or is going to start soon (whew), and would like to join me, great!

I would love to have some support as I try to complete a fitness goal for the first time. I always quit, because it was always easier than failing. Little did I realize that qutting WAS a failure.

Join me? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test this morning! Rip roarin' ready to go!!!
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started today too:

Switch Kicks - 56 (I'm not quite sure how to count these, that was 56 with each leg)
    Power Jacks - 35
    Power Knees - 56
    Power Jumps - 21
    Globe Jumps - 4 (my lungs were burning at this point)
    Suicide Jacks - 12
    Push-Up Jacks - 12
    Low Oblique Planks - 23
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    I started insanity today 10/23. I want to have Monday as my rest day. I am also restarting after discontinuing insanity several times. This time I have a bet running with my husband and he has promised to buy me a Galaxy SIII if I complete insanity as per schedule.:love:

Lets dig deeper.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Whew, finished the fit test last night! I forgot to post my results. I'll come back this evening to add them. I didn't do that great. But that's ok, the point is to see where we are. I'm pumped, LOL!

I added you all. Hope you don't mind. Let's support each other!
  • lincmii
    lincmii Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started on the 19th, so I guess that means this is day 5? Dreading Pure Cardio tonight ... I've never posted on this site before but I'll keep checking back since I now know this thread is here :)
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I fell of after week 2. i think i need to reboot. the first week i did it, i lost 3lbs. week 2 ihave it half way. i think pure cardio totally blew me. i wonder if i should just restart with week 2 this week.
  • lincmii
    Options
    Just finished Pure Cardio and I am sooo dead. Haha!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

Just joined the group...started on Sunday as i need my rest day to be Saturdays and have just finished cardio recovery.

martyx
  • jhc7324
    Options
    Whew. I'm walking more than a little stiff today, but I feel pretty good knowing I got through day 1 and am confident I can do this.

I was pretty surprised at how high my calorie burn was again. I'm used to burning around 600 in a session on the treadmill, but I was 100 over that on the first day. I suppose that's probably right though, since I don't normally sweat this much or feel this stiff after a good run, so it makes sense that I'd have burned more calories too.

I can't wait to push play tonight.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am on Day Three-Cardio Power and Resistance. I loved it!! I have never been covered in so much sweat!!

My Fit Test Results are (awful):

Switch Kicks-25
    Power Jacks-35
    Power Knees-55
    Power Jumps-25
    Globe Jumps-6
    Suicide Jumps-7
    Push-up Jacks-9
    Low Plank Oblique-16

I can only get better! How is everyone doing? I surprised myself today. I am really excited about seeing this through to the end.
  • hhaffner
    hhaffner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am starting today and will be doing the fit test later tonight
  • lincmii
    Options
    Good luck Hhaffner!

Finished day 6 tonight, Plyometric Cardio Circuit. On one hand it felt like I could do more than the first time I did this, but on the other, I still felt like I was about to die ... I had to take quite a few breaks for this one, but towards the end I was pretty happy!

I finally have my fit test results up:

76 - SwitchKicks
    44 - PowerJacks
    46 - PowerKnees
    20 - PowerJumps
    05 - GlobeJumps
    10 - SuicideJumps
    23 - Push-upJacks
    30 - LowPlankOblique
  • 22pirtle
    Options
    I will be starting nov 1st for the 1st time. Just ordered it Today so there is no turning back now. I'm happy to know I'm not in this alone.
  • jhc7324
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I surprised myself today. I am really excited about seeing this through to the end.

Due to some stuff I couldn't put off last night I was left choosing to do the Cardio Power and Resistance last night around 11PM or get up early and do it before work this morning, I decided to do it this morning. We'll see if I can make it through the day. I added a protein shake to my normal breakfast and am feeling pretty good right now.

I'm hoping to do the cardio recovery workout tonight so I can keep on the schedule, I feel like a schlub falling behind so early in the process.
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My friend and I also started October 22 as well! Lol it was pretty funny because I've been doing my Insanity workout in my hotel room this week and I'm on the 3rd floor. I just knew the front desk would call and tell me stop with all of the jumping! Good luck to everyone!! Feel free to add me because I'm sure we could all use a little support.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    So I am ravenous today. I mean I am soo hungry. I am going to try and get more calories into my diet. I normally eat around 1200-1400 and I know that isn't enough. I am going to maybe add avocado to diet.

Is anyone following the meal plan? I clearly am not. I can barely follow a work-out plan.

@jhc7324 and everyone else. If we miss a day, just start back where we left off the next day! It is so easy to miss one day and then get off schedule. That is why I stopped the last time. Do it in 63 days or 90. No matter what- DON'T QUIT! (sorry I couldn't resist)
  • jhc7324
    Options
    I think I'm in the same boat with the calories. I'm butting up against my goal weight (4 lbs to go) and eating at a deficit of around 400 calories. I think I need to increase up to near maintenance and probably eat a good chunk of my exercise calories back which means I'll be adding around 600 or so calories to my diet. It'll be tough since I've gotten so used to my current levels. My yogurt, granola and salad lunch that I've been eating more or less every day for 4 months now will need a bit of tweaking.

I also picked up some protein shake mix. One of those after a workout is a good way to add the protein I'll need and use up a chunk of these calories I have no idea what to do with. Lol, figuring out how to eat more and stay healthy is not something I was expecting.

I'm definitely not going to quit. I'm going to do the Cardio recovery tonight and just end up doing two workouts today. I'm way too curious about whether or not I can have definition in my abs to give up when I'm just about to find out, I'm here till the end.
  • lincmii
    Options
    For the diet I've been trying the five meals a day plan. I'm loving myfitnesspal's calorie diary app as it keeps me monitoring how many calories everything adds up to. I'm taking in under 2330 calories a day and whenever I feel hungry I go find myself a snack that's between 300-500 calories (a lot harder than it sounds!)

Today is day 7, so rest day, I'm using the GNC Pro Performance Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (Cookies n' Cream!) protein shake. The shake calls for 3 scoops per workout, but because I'm just using it as a recovery formula, I drink 1 scoop after a work out, and 1 scoop in the morning, 8oz of water per scoop. It all adds up to roughly 93 calories per shake.

I have been noticing though that when I get hungry, I get -really- hungry, so I'm trying to keep those 230 calorie protein bars, or little things of fruit on hand for the inbetween meals. Overall though I feel really good now, a lot better than I did day 2, so we'll see how it goes!

Keep it up all!
  • jhc7324
    Options
    Cardio recovery was a pretty nice break from the first couple sweat pouring workouts, but all the yoga-strength type stretches made me realize how weak I am in quite a few areas. For some reason the hardest thing for me was the standing hip flexor stretches. I wasn't able to hold that stretch for more than a few seconds before my hip muscles started twitching really fast and had to release the stretch. Weird. I never realized I had a muscle there before.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well! I am supposed to do day 5 today, but I think I am going to move my schedule around. I don't see myself working out on a Friday evening. So today will be my off day and then I will do the workouts on Saturday and Sunday.

I agree. I was suprised how tight my muscles are. I am not flexible at all, but I am happy that the DVDs include that type of work. I am definitely looking forward to Round 2! Should be much improved.

Hi @msnortiz did you start back up?