What was your postpartum (early) weight-loss like?

Options
124»

Replies

• koolcat22
    Options
    I gained 30 and lost 10 in the first 2 weeks (ds was small at 6lbs), then didn't lose anything for months. Started losing once joined MFP. DS is now 7.5 months and I have 7lbs to go. My goal is to be back at pre-pregnancy when DS is 9months. Took that long to put it on so I figure that's a good goal. Regardless its tough to lose weight with a new baby!

Nice to see that others have the same weight loss issues! I hope to be at pre-baby weight by the time LO is a year...
  • koolcat22
    Options
    Ditto-
  • koolcat22
    Options
    THIS exactly. I always always hate it when people tell me that BFing helps weight loss. Ya I'm on my third kid now and my weight doesn't budge at all unless I really really try until after I've weaned, then it just falls off! I'm still BFing now. I know that the weight that I had in spark people when I first decided that I had to lose the weight before I weaned was 162 and at the Drs office before delivering I was about 185 so I lost about 23 pounds. My FIL says that baby/water weight/placenta etc average weight loss is about 20 lbs on average.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I"m always a teeny bit resentful of the moms that lose it all right away.

Ditto-Hate hearing how breastfeeding makes you lose all the weight. What stinks is that you go into breastfeeding thinin - "Heck yeah-I'll lose all my weight and look like a movie star because I'm BFing...." Then you end up gaining weight! Well. i ended up gaining weight.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    With my first son, whom I nursed for 16 months, I really didn't lose any weight at all until we stopped nursing, which was truthfully quite depressing.

I now have a five month old and am finding the same to be true.

Well this makes me feel better. It is truly so difficult to lose weight without having the milk supply drop!

It is so hard! Everyone told me that nursing would help me shed the pounds, but then post partum it was a totally different story. I have to say though even though I am a walrus and hanging on to every single ounce nursing DID flatten my stomach in no time flat this time. Last time I still looked 9 months pregnant for about a year after the baby....
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Baby is now about 16 weeks. I gained and lost the same 4 lbs (making my total weightloss anywhere from 14-18 lbs) from 3 weeks to 3 months. I was rejected by my baby about 4 weeks after returning to work and stopped pumping as of last week. I have finally broken through the barrier and am down to 128 (20 lbs total baby weight lost). So I think it was the breastfeeding causing me to hang on to the weight.

I would love to have been able to pump adequately (1 bottle for every missed feeding instead of 1.5 bottles for 2 missed feedings & 2 post-feedings) and continue bfing, but I guess it's nice that I'm not hanging onto my fat like mad anymore.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I delivered about a week ago, and I've lost 16 lbs which is a little more than half my baby weight gain. I'm hoping the other 15 or so will come off by week 6 or 8 PP. I'm still very bloated and puffy.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs 5 days pp. Gained 60 total.