hi anyone still beaching it?

Options
2»

Replies

• c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    thats great everyone, and verpy I have my good and bad days, I read some where on the forums if you go over one day (and cant exercise it back) make a deficit the next day, so I try to make the whole week sync up rather than day to day, some days im under others over but if you have the phone app, you can view your whole week which I find helps for me. Anyway still here still doing it, I do swim occasionally so need to watch that as its increasing in frequency lol And I have decided to weigh my self fortnightly I fluctuate a lot through a week. Goodluck ladies happy beaching it :wink:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    OK, so it's been awhile since this group started ....... how's everyone doing ?

I had a few hiccups over the last few weeks ....... and let's see, my excuses are as follows ...... got a little distracted because of a hurricane, a slight back injury, and oh, let's not forget my husband's dysfunctional family :sad:

I'm feeling better, so went back to the gym today for cardio (recumbant bike & treadmill) ..... then went foodshopping ...... stocked up on beachy-type foods ....... dinner is roast beef, sweet potato & coleslaw ...... and a gin & diet tonic ...... things are getting back to normal around here :drinker:

hope everyone else is doing well !

Mary Ann
  • c2111
    Options
    well done may-anne I think you have some awesome reasons to let things go off track, so dont worry, and so glad your ok. I hope everything is getting back to normal there now. I'm still here, good, bad and ugly days lol but the scales has gone down and very happy. Its worked for me, no complaints here lol I do really love SBD it's become my way of life which is the best part, and the kids and hubby eat a lot better too. I wonder how everyone is going is it just you and I left?
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm here on the beach still. Still struggling with phase 2. I think allowing myself the glass of wine is a bad idea. One turns to two and two turns to three and then I get the munchies and it's all downhill! So I think I'm cutting that out again. I think it will be hard with my family and thanksgiving coming up, but I can give it a try! Got on my bike today and got a bit of exercise, hoping this will also get me off my plateau. I'm happy with my loss thus far, but I don't want it to stop. So I've got to keep working at it I guess!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I'm here on the beach still. Still struggling with phase 2. I think allowing myself the glass of wine is a bad idea. One turns to two and two turns to three and then I get the munchies and it's all downhill! So I think I'm cutting that out again. I think it will be hard with my family and thanksgiving coming up, but I can give it a try! Got on my bike today and got a bit of exercise, hoping this will also get me off my plateau. I'm happy with my loss thus far, but I don't want it to stop. So I've got to keep working at it I guess!

Glad to see you still working at it ........ and you've already identified one of the culprits ...... do your best to sidestep the wine ........ it sucks, I know ...... my problem is sugar, as in cookies ....... once a cookies passes my lips, it's all downhill from there ....... so I try my best to avoid that FIRST cookie !

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER :drinker:
  • c2111
    Options
    I too struggle with the wine darn it ! But I try to make up for it the next day :) nice to see were still here big round of applause ladies Bravo and well done xx
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Still beaching it. I hit my 3 month mark on the 20th. I allowed myself my first "cheat" on Thanksgiivng.....a half cup of cornbread dressing and cake. I really enjoyed it, but it fortunately did not leave me longing for more sugar. That was a major victory!
  • c2111
    Options
    yay for you queenie, I have a few carbs now and again and your right about the cravings I think I've beaten them too xx Grats on your loss, Im still enjoyingf it, I have cheated a few times, gone swimming but I find it ok to get back on the beach next day :) lets keep going x
  • verptwerp
    Options
    On Thanksgiving Day I went to my sister's house ........ my husband & I were there at 11 a.m. to help out with everything ...... dinner was at 5:30 ...... he & I sampled a little of everything, except the sweets ...... we decided to leave BEFORE the desserts came out ...... my mom was surprised that we would leave early ..... and I explained we wouldn't eat dessert anyway since we're both watching our weight ...... and it was a long drive home, blah, blah, blah .....

Can you imagine ....... I felt GUILTY telling my mom I was leaving early ...... AND I'M 61 YEARS OLD :laugh:
  • c2111
    Options
    nice work MA xx im still going, Im very happy with it, just started 30ds and on wk 5 c25k, im now 146 pnds yippeee :) so a very happy lady here. Stick with it everyone xx