LEAN Circuit

Options
124»

Replies

• jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of Push and I love it. I really like the core work, i can take or leave the push ups. My arms were sore along with my legs after the first day. cant wait to see what happens in the 3rd work out.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    This thread is making me nervous! I did perfectly fine the first week of burn, and the second week, but the third week... I got through burn circuit 1 just fine, but I quit burn circuit 2 twice due to back pain. I quit burn circuit 3 because of shoulder pain.

I think I'm taking Chalene too literally on the "you'd be surprised at how strong you are!" stuff because when I upped my weights all hell broke loose on my body. I hope I can make it through this to do push and eventually lean. Great job everyone, keep it up!

I did the same thing during Burn. I've not had near the trouble since completing Push and most of Lean. I think if I were to make any suggestion to someone starting Burn it's to pay attention to your body. You have time to build up your strength, but if you're coming into it new and don't have much strength or stability, it's OK to back off a bit. She's not talking to us over-achievers. She's talking to the people who are scared to challenge themselves. But that's not something I realized at the time.

You'll find in other threads that several of us had trouble particularly with the dead lift moves. Something about those weights hanging from my shoulders and bending over too made my lower back ache. Squats with heavy weights do the same thing to me. The Lean circuit re-introduces deadlifts, but in that one you hold the weights on your shoulders (or close to them with elbows bent), and I have found that is far more helpful on my back than the Burn stance was. I also have found it really helps me use my hamstrings instead of my lower back. I feel like I have more control in my core that way and I WISH she'd had that modification in Burn! So, I recommend modifying if you need to!

I found it easier to go heavier in Push because you're not doing compound movements that require so much balance. It's all isolated muscle groups. Lean gets back to compound and it seems like almost all of us have had to reduce the weights we used in Push in order to maintain good form in Lean.

The idea is to fatigue your muscles, not strain them.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    oh this is making me nervous too!!I still have Push to do so I'll read through this later.

You know, this thread made me really nervous, too, but honestly while Lean IS tough and challenging, it is far from impossible! I've been able to do everything in some form. Some of the plank/push ups I can do on my toes; others I have to do on my knees. But it's totally something you'll be able to do by the time you get there!
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me nervous! I did perfectly fine the first week of burn, and the second week, but the third week... I got through burn circuit 1 just fine, but I quit burn circuit 2 twice due to back pain. I quit burn circuit 3 because of shoulder pain.

I think I'm taking Chalene too literally on the "you'd be surprised at how strong you are!" stuff because when I upped my weights all hell broke loose on my body. I hope I can make it through this to do push and eventually lean. Great job everyone, keep it up!

I did the same thing during Burn. I've not had near the trouble since completing Push and most of Lean. I think if I were to make any suggestion to someone starting Burn it's to pay attention to your body. You have time to build up your strength, but if you're coming into it new and don't have much strength or stability, it's OK to back off a bit. She's not talking to us over-achievers. She's talking to the people who are scared to challenge themselves. But that's not something I realized at the time.

You'll find in other threads that several of us had trouble particularly with the dead lift moves. Something about those weights hanging from my shoulders and bending over too made my lower back ache. Squats with heavy weights do the same thing to me. The Lean circuit re-introduces deadlifts, but in that one you hold the weights on your shoulders (or close to them with elbows bent), and I have found that is far more helpful on my back than the Burn stance was. I also have found it really helps me use my hamstrings instead of my lower back. I feel like I have more control in my core that way and I WISH she'd had that modification in Burn! So, I recommend modifying if you need to!

I found it easier to go heavier in Push because you're not doing compound movements that require so much balance. It's all isolated muscle groups. Lean gets back to compound and it seems like almost all of us have had to reduce the weights we used in Push in order to maintain good form in Lean.

The idea is to fatigue your muscles, not strain them.

You have no idea how helpful this is! The deadlifts are totally killing my back, and that's the part of the DVD where I end up having to quit because of pain. I'm going to ease up on the weights, try to be uber great about my form, and keep pushing play! :)