High Maintenance Women

Options
1235»

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The more I read this thread, the most high maintenance I think I am!! :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love how different we all are.

I'm a catch. Theres always room for improvement but Im the bomb... Period. I have adopted that way of thinking after my divorce and not being treated right. I also have a lot to offer though. I'm not selfish. I like to please my man. But I also won't take less than the best. I don't want ordinary, I want extraordinary because honestly that's what I think I have to give in return.

Not all men are attracted to this and that's okay with me. I'm not attracted to all men either, not at all.

I don't look down on women that aren't like me. I think we all need to find our own paths to happiness within ourselves. For me, it's about looking good, taking pride in my femininity, carrying myself well, smiling, being charming, seductive, sexy, doing what i love to do and being able to conversate.
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You missy love being around high maintenance :P
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I require zero maintenance. That's the problem with me and relationships, I think a lot of men require women who are needy! Men like to be needed!!! It's just to varying degrees..........

Just throwing that out there.............

just learned how to quote... failed once already :p
    But I think some men have a need to feel manly and save women, these men are often the high maintenance ones that need too much attention :p you are better off avoiding those types :D
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    It depends on your definition of high maintenance. People have told me I'm high maintenance and I would tend to agree with them. I like shopping, looking nice, going to the theatre, and going to nice restaurants. But I'm not the type of woman that walks around like an entitled *****, demanding people buy me things because I'm a "princess".

For example, I HATE when people throw parties for me because I hate feeling like the center of attention. I really don't even want a wedding when the time comes. I despise the women that say, "Today is MY big day! I'm the princess!" Ummm, no. Your wedding should be a celebration about you AND your husband's love and sharing it with close friends and family. You don't need to dress up like Cinderella, invite everyone you know, and act like a brat. This isn't your sweet sixteen... and most people only go to weddings for the free food and cake anyway. Yep I said it.. haha.. end rant. haha
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    For example, I HATE when people throw parties for me because I hate feeling like the center of attention. I really don't even want a wedding when the time comes. I despise the women that say, "Today is MY big day! I'm the princess!" Ummm, no. Your wedding should be a celebration about you AND your husband's love and sharing it with close friends and family. You don't need to dress up like Cinderella, invite everyone you know, and act like a brat. This isn't your sweet sixteen... and most people only go to weddings for the free food and cake anyway. Yep I said it.. haha.. end rant. haha

I am the same way. I want to get married, but I can't imagine everyone staring at me when I'm up at the altar. Makes me nervous just thinking about it. My parents had a very small wedding, about 20 people. That is what I want. I hate making small talk and as the star of the show at my wedding, I will have to. So I just want my nearest relatives and a few friends.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

I am the same way. I want to get married, but I can't imagine everyone staring at me when I'm up at the altar. Makes me nervous just thinking about it. My parents had a very small wedding, about 20 people. That is what I want. I hate making small talk and as the star of the show at my wedding, I will have to. So I just want my nearest relatives and a few friends.

Yep, plus think of all the money we'll save! haha
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yeah to me there are two definitions of high maintenance and that makes people confused.

The first definition is someone that spends a lot of time on their looks and usually take a very long time to get ready. Not a big deal to me although I usually find them to be overly fixated on how other people look as well.

The other definition is someone who is needy, requires a lot of attention, requires constant reassurance, etc. I cannot date these types of women, my laid back attitude is never enough for them. They tend to want...or need...special treatment more often than I can give.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    ive pissed guys off with my lack of neediness.
    i've also been told i'm "difficult" because i like certain things certain ways and will stand my ground.

guys think i'm not interested because i am not always looking for validation or approval from them. i don't NEED it ( there's that word again, LOL) i don't think it's something i can change. i'm a single mom to 5 kids and have been on my own for three years. i have learned how to do a lot of stuff by myself. i have learned not to rely on others, because more than likely they will let me down.....