Starting 5 Nov 2012

Options
124»

Replies

• no1belongs
    Options
    It didn't happen for me today people. My period won. Female reproductive system, 1. Cardio, nil.

i feel you on this 3 ways i have found to get around it is 1. midol/pamprin actually helps 2.coffee/soda/ tea and lots of it 3. both
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    It didn't happen for me today people. My period won. Female reproductive system, 1. Cardio, nil.

i feel you on this 3 ways i have found to get around it is 1. midol/pamprin actually helps 2.coffee/soda/ tea and lots of it 3. both

Yes, I definitely dose up! But I eschew coffee, soda, and tea during because caffeine can aggravate cramps...or so I've read. I just hobbled around with my hot water bottle yesterday. Pushed through today, though, so that's a good thing. :D
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did workout 3 last night and I am so sore this morning! Ouch. She did kick it up a notch.

I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving and is able to get their workout in!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    I officially suck. I've missed my last 3 cardio workouts. First one was a pretty lame excuse; my inlaws had the kids and hubby and I had a day to ourselves. I excused myself from working out, which would have been fine except last Wednesday I had horrible lady part problems and couldn't exercise my cardio day. So, I was all set to have my day today and...I've done something awful to my foot. I don't know what, but the pain is immense when I put pressure on it. I was FINE all of yesterday, did workout 4 fine walked around town...then this phantom pain strikes at the end of the day. I'm hoping a day of rest today will see me doing a makeup workout tomorrow... Fingers crossed!
    How is everyone doing? Did y'all have nice Turkey Days?
  • AiJahya
    Options
    Workouts 3&4 are much more like what I would expect out of Jillian! Cardio still seems kind of wussy to me, though. I am thinking about subbing in running or yoga instead, because I just am not burning very many calories with the phase 1 cardio disc.

Trying to stay on track through the holidays!! How is everyone else doing??
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    Workouts 3&4 are much more like what I would expect out of Jillian! Cardio still seems kind of wussy to me, though. I am thinking about subbing in running or yoga instead, because I just am not burning very many calories with the phase 1 cardio disc.

Trying to stay on track through the holidays!! How is everyone else doing??

If that Cardio is wussy than call me Queen of the Wussies! lol Good on you, though, for being strong and fit enough to want even more. Maybe even skip ahead and see how Cardio 2 strikes your fancy...?

I did manage to catch up on my missed Cardio workout today, so I'm feeling a bit better about my other two "absences". I'm onto my last week of workouts 3 & 4...its been good, but I still haven't noticed any dip in the scale. But I am able to do more than when I started so there's that.
  • AiJahya
    Options
    If that Cardio is wussy than call me Queen of the Wussies! lol Good on you, though, for being strong and fit enough to want even more. Maybe even skip ahead and see how Cardio 2 strikes your fancy...?

I did manage to catch up on my missed Cardio workout today, so I'm feeling a bit better about my other two "absences". I'm onto my last week of workouts 3 & 4...its been good, but I still haven't noticed any dip in the scale. But I am able to do more than when I started so there's that.

I might do Phase 2 cardio tonight. One more week before Phase 2!! I'm getting excited. Today I am super sore in my upper arms and back from doing workout 4 with heavier weights. Oof!

Good work on catching up! Have you noticed a change in your measurements? Even if the scale isn't moving, there might be inches lost!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options

I might do Phase 2 cardio tonight. One more week before Phase 2!! I'm getting excited. Today I am super sore in my upper arms and back from doing workout 4 with heavier weights. Oof!

Good work on catching up! Have you noticed a change in your measurements? Even if the scale isn't moving, there might be inches lost!

How did you get on with Cardio 2? I haven't measured...waiting for the end of this week and hopefully will see some progress there. I looked at the workout 5 in readiness of next week and I'm so scared! lol It looks HARD. Got to get going on my military pushups because she's showing no mercy!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I kept up with my workouts during the holiday but my eating wasn't very good. Back at it this week. I can't peek at workout 5, I'd rather just bite the bullet and do it-lol! I might chicken out if I see what's to come. I think I'm going to do each workout session for more than two weeks. My thought is this will make the program last more than 90 days and I'll be better off going into each new session. I've read here that people are looking for another program after they finish this and I don't think there are any out there that are 30 minutes like JMBR. So I'm thinking I'll just make this one last longer.
    Great job everyone who's sticking with it!!!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    I kept up with my workouts during the holiday but my eating wasn't very good. Back at it this week. I can't peek at workout 5, I'd rather just bite the bullet and do it-lol! I might chicken out if I see what's to come. I think I'm going to do each workout session for more than two weeks. My thought is this will make the program last more than 90 days and I'll be better off going into each new session. I've read here that people are looking for another program after they finish this and I don't think there are any out there that are 30 minutes like JMBR. So I'm thinking I'll just make this one last longer.
    Great job everyone who's sticking with it!!!

I was thinking I'd do something similar, if only to really get form and strength sorted. I can barely do my military pushups so the workout 5 version look KILLER to me! I'll move on for now, I think, because I can always go back and "push the up button" on the preceeding workouts and also I'm really impatient. :D
  • AiJahya
    Options
    Well, this week was not so good. TOM didn't help but neither did missing all but one of my workouts. Hubby and I both came down with something and I've been having terrible dizzy spells/head swimming/vertigo, so I don't think I'm going to be able to do much until this passes! Ugh! I was starting to see a difference in how my body looks, too.

Cardio 2 was much more what I was expecting. It's really tough, but it burns more calories, which makes me happy. :)
  • Indigo_Girl
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I started BR 4 days ago, today I'll be doing Workout 2 for the second time. I don't have much weight to lose and I've been quite active over the last couple of months. I guess that's why I don't find these videos quite challenging? Strenght training is OK, I could do more reps and rounds, but I guess the fact that I have a light muscle ache each day is a sign that I'm doing enough. Cardio 1 is especially easy, I do break a sweat but I am not tired afterwards and I know I could do much more. Do the exercises get more difficult in weeks 3&4?
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I started BR 4 days ago, today I'll be doing Workout 2 for the second time. I don't have much weight to lose and I've been quite active over the last couple of months. I guess that's why I don't find these videos quite challenging? Strenght training is OK, I could do more reps and rounds, but I guess the fact that I have a light muscle ache each day is a sign that I'm doing enough. Cardio 1 is especially easy, I do break a sweat but I am not tired afterwards and I know I could do much more. Do the exercises get more difficult in weeks 3&4?
    Yes weeks 3& 4 are more difficult. More like the Jilliam Michaels DVDs I've done in the past. You can always modify to make it harder as she suggests. Heavy weights, more jumping etc. I think she goes easy on the first two weeks for those that haven't done anything before. Good luck!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Still going strong, I hope!

I, unfortunately, crapped out. I had a horrible attack of pains in my left side and had to be rushed to the ER - turns out I've got kidney stones. I've had a few more attacks and all the toing and froing of appointments and whatnot have made doing all my calorie counting and exercising...well, just something I'm not doing at the moment. I really do hope to get back into everything because, if nothing else, I was really enjoying it. It was helping me feel stronger and better about myself. I'm not sure how to approach coming back to it, but I know I'll get there.

I do hope you're feeling better, AiJahya!
  • bmfoley
    bmfoley Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had to say that I feel for you! I hurt my shin/foot working out and am now engrossed in physical therapy, foot doctor etc. . .I was into it too and miss doing it! HOping to get back to it next week on a non-impact basis!

Feel better!