Professions to stay away from or vice versa

Options

Replies

• disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Just go for country/farm guys...you can`t go wrong and they can say it in just one sentence. :wink:

Excuse me husband..are you trying to pick up another girl??!!!!

Seriously? I wasn't invited to the wedding??? :laugh: :tongue:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Just go for country/farm guys...you can`t go wrong and they can say it in just one sentence. :wink:

Yes, Mr & Mrs Jen & Carl Peeps got married in the 'self destruct' thread yesterday. It was a lovely ceremony, we all cheered and cried and threw confetti. Sorry you missed it!! :bigsmile:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Avoid the artsy fartsy guys. Cool in the beginning, but you can only wear hemp for so long. Also, hygiene.

Avoid lawyers and accountants. Boring. You may be one, but you're the exception.

Look for the self-made type. Probably owns his own small business, consulting company, etc.

Engineering background is a plus, especially electrical.

Don't trust anyone under 40. He's going to cheat on you.

He should speak two languages minimum.

Should be well traveled, ideally living in a foreign country (adventure, experience).

Sporty type. Perhaps active on an MFP type site.

Over 6 feet. Don't trust the short guys (too much to prove).

Good sense of humor (that's "humour" for Anna).

Just keep looking with that criteria in mind, ladies, and you can't go wrong.

--P

I'd say this describes << 1% of all available men in the world.

Kind of the point. P's an in-demand guy! Ladies like the cultured ones. :wink:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, Mr & Mrs Jen & Carl Peeps

:heart: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I agree with avoiding the military (dated a few that were not cheaters just emotionally distant, worked with a bunch that were cheaters), musicians (gets boring listening to the same thing over and over), men still in collage (don’t know where they are headed in life), pipe liners (haven’t dated any but worked up close and personal with their cheating *kitten*) & professors (agree with above description). But also avoid people that believe they are more intelligent than everyone else, or men that believe they are in some way entitled, avoid men that stand to inherit money.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

Yes, Mr & Mrs Jen & Carl Peeps got married in the 'self destruct' thread yesterday. It was a lovely ceremony, we all cheered and cried and threw confetti. Sorry you missed it!! :bigsmile:

Drat - I missed it! I'd have bought a new hat! :happy:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

It was quite lovely wasn't it? :smooched:
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I avoid men who work do lower tier social work, case manage kids, juvenile parole/probation. I come into to contact with these guys a lot, and almost without fail they are personal space invaders and completely sleazy.

Have had some bad experiences with being talked down to by science/math industry guys, but still try to keep an open mind.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think teachers are generally a safe bet. They seem to be good with communication, conflict resolution, and they tend to be good with kids. They seem to get a sick a lot though since they are around so many germs.

I definitely try to stay away from strippers, bartenders, and anybody that works nights. I've never dated a lawyer but I feel like they would e pretty argumentative and use it to their advantage. I'm friends with a lot of doctors and all they seem to talk about anymore is doctor stuff. Outside of the medical industry they have no social skills.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

LOL this is all I'm looking for!!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I don't know about professions to avoid but, girls that work at Subway or Quiznos, that's marriage material there. :wink:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Widows. I really hate to say that. But, I've dated two and ended up being hurt in the end. Both were great men that loved their wives dearly. Thought they were ready to move on. I dated one of them for 3 months before he just stopped talking with me abruptly. Never returned a call, never emailed. Just told me he didn't love me and that was that. The other, I went on one date with and the whole time he talked about and compared me to her the whole time....both had been widowed about a year. So...no widows.

Yeah, I agree. I avoid widows too. Seems to me that they'll never replace the love of their life. Although, I dont think that my logic is logical!! :laugh:

What if he actually murdered his first wife? Seems like he'd be over her, almost by definition, and would hence be acceptable to date. Might be an insurance windfall as a bonus. Hello, honeymoon in Thailand!

--P

LMAO!! Yes, absolutely safe to date. Just never fall asleep again.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I agree with avoiding the military (dated a few that were not cheaters just emotionally distant, worked with a bunch that were cheaters), musicians (gets boring listening to the same thing over and over), men still in collage (don’t know where they are headed in life), pipe liners (haven’t dated any but worked up close and personal with their cheating *kitten*) & professors (agree with above description). But also avoid people that believe they are more intelligent than everyone else, or men that believe they are in some way entitled, avoid men that stand to inherit money.

Hey now! Pipe liners are friggin' sexier than hell....well, some of them. You'd better not be picking on me!

Agree with musicians... my ex was one. Never again.

Military, cops, emt, firefighters... any first responders....don't even go there!

But construction boys, linemen, welders, pipeliners yep, yep, yep....

I go for men that appreciate low-maintenance women.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

One two...Freddy`s coming for you
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

One two...Freddy`s coming for you

three four .. better lock your door
  • slap1225
    Options

Hey now! Pipe liners are friggin' sexier than hell....well, some of them. You'd better not be picking on me!

Agree with musicians... my ex was one. Never again.

We had this talk!! Stay away from them Missy!!! lol and no it wasn't referring to you but It is true!!! How many of them were faithful? And you can’t say they appreciate low maintenance, pretty much they just all wanted va-jay-jay :P

Military, cops, emt, firefighters... any first responders....don't even go there!

But construction boys, linemen, welders, pipeliners yep, yep, yep....

I go for men that appreciate low-maintenance women.
  • slap1225
    Options
    We had this talk!! Stay away from them Missy!!! lol and no it wasn't referring to you but It is true!!! How many of them were faithful? And you can’t say they appreciate low maintenance, pretty much they just all wanted va-jay-jay :P
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, I love military guys! I know that there are some ****ty dudes, just like everywhere else but I guess I know how to pick 'em. I've casually dated a few and we always ended things amicably and usually when they got stationed elsewhere and I wasn't willing to move.

Avoid musicians. They're broke and emotional and despite what they say, love don't pay the rent.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Can I insert a plea for classical musicians? We're usually much less difficult/delusional (and more frequently-employed) than the other sort - I just don't think two together is a wise move! :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah my ex husband was a gifted musician... and a narcissist.

I shudder when Im around musicians now. (j/k.. Sorta)