Professions to stay away from or vice versa

Options

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'd also stay away from hookers. The last three I dated only stayed for an hour and took all my money when they left. I'm pretty sure they cheated on me too. Two of them were on the phone talking to another guy before they left.

:laugh:

Do male hookers give orgasms or just have one and fall asleep??
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I'd also stay away from hookers. The last three I dated only stayed for an hour and took all my money when they left. I'm pretty sure they cheated on me too. Two of them were on the phone talking to another guy before they left.

as I remember they are called gigalos and they give orgasms so that you will pay for everything lol :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

as I remember they are called gigalos and they give orgasms so that you will pay for everything lol :laugh:

WTF? I have to PAY for an orgasm AND other stuff?? Jeez!

ermmm

how much? :smokin:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Nobody had economists on the list of professions to stay away from!

I think it's because it's so obvious that it goes without saying. Ben Stein said Dominique Straus Kahn wasn't guilty of rape because he was an economist and as a group we aren't interested enough in sex to do such a thing. That commentary is actually worse than the joke that you can tell when the economists have a convention in town because all the hookers go on vacation. The other bad joke is about an the economist who refused to get his wedding ring engraved because it ruins the resale value.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Politicians! I forgot to include politicians in my list. STAY AWAY. That is all.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Politicians! I forgot to include politicians in my list. STAY AWAY. That is all.

We already mentioned prostitutes, assumed that more or less covered politicians, as well.

--P
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Why the bad rap for military ??

And I have met some very nice strippers in my time...granted they were not very mature, responsible or sober, but lets not give them all a bad name!

Have you not read Janie's posts?? Not exactly singing the praises of military guys and how they treat women!! :grumble:

But the main reason for me is that I wouldn't want to be with someone that was away more than he's home. I like a guy to be sharing in my daily/weekly life.

Ive read many of Janie's posts...and I dont disagree with all of them, but she is leaving out a huge part of the equation. Namely how and why some of the military guys think the way she portrays them.

Remember there are 3 sides to every story...he said, she said and the truth somewhere mixed in!

And....I've worked in and with the military for 15 years. You will always have your bad apples. I know a lot of great military men that get a bad rep because of what a few have done. Just as with any man that you meet for the first time, proceed with caution and watch for red flags. But, when you find a good one, he will be the most loyal and devoted man you will ever meet. Just know that it might take a little longer to get there, because they have been through so much more than you or I could ever imagine.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

We already mentioned prostitutes, assumed that more or less covered politicians, as well.

--P

LMFAO!!! True...very true. :laugh:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Working with cops and correctional officers - I would say RUN as far away from them. Very few of them remain faithful, always sniffing out for "fresh meat". Where I work is really like Peyton Place - who is screwing who, etc

This could not be more true. Between inmates and the staff drama sometimes I can't believe they actually pay me to come to work. I said I'd NEVER date anyone from work. And look at me.............totally doing it!!!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I think teachers are generally a safe bet. They seem to be good with communication, conflict resolution, and they tend to be good with kids. They seem to get a sick a lot though since they are around so many germs.

I definitely try to stay away from strippers, bartenders, and anybody that works nights. I've never dated a lawyer but I feel like they would e pretty argumentative and use it to their advantage. I'm friends with a lot of doctors and all they seem to talk about anymore is doctor stuff. Outside of the medical industry they have no social skills.

I feel better knowing that the job I'm going to end up with makes me a "safe bet". Whew. Relief.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My friend is marrying a lawyer and he's amazing to her. There's a family friend who is a lawyer and she feels like she has to argue everything all the time. It's her way or no way. It might just be her personality and not her job though I'm sure that plays a role. I live near bases and have friends who have dated Marines. I dated one a while ago too. My good friend is married to one...so is her sister. They both have kids and have a hard time when they are gone. I'm not saying military men are bad, but there are bad ones out there just like in any field. I love the medical field, but not sure I could handle being with a doctor and his schedule. I work with engineers every day - electrical, chemical and such - and I have to say they are awesome guys.
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options
    I think teachers are generally a safe bet. They seem to be good with communication, conflict resolution, and they tend to be good with kids. They seem to get a sick a lot though since they are around so many germs.

I definitely try to stay away from strippers, bartenders, and anybody that works nights. I've never dated a lawyer but I feel like they would e pretty argumentative and use it to their advantage. I'm friends with a lot of doctors and all they seem to talk about anymore is doctor stuff. Outside of the medical industry they have no social skills.

I feel better knowing that the job I'm going to end up with makes me a "safe bet". Whew. Relief.

With all the stuff I see about teachers having sex with students, I could never date a teacher. My ego couldn't handle getting dumped for a 14-year-old.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Ooh fun game!!

From personal experience...

Avoid military types..especially when overseas. Pretty much all married or divorced with major baggage. Stereotype yes..true 9/10 times.

Avoid university professors. Oh intelligence is sexy, but you have no idea how they can go on and on and on about the most boring of details regarding their work...and they really lack in social skills and graces. Sigh.

Agree with widows. It is heartbreaking...particularly if you happen to be the kind of nurturing individual who wants to help them love again...save yourself the time and emotional exhaustion.

Men involved in highly nurturing jobs who focus on children or excel at domestic skills. Yup, he will pick the kids or the dog over you and it won't feel good.

Cops and lawyers are hot. I like both but I think I have a little authority fetish! Agree they can be a little arrogant or hard to get to know...but I kinda dig that..

I couldn't disagree more. University professors are exciting and fun people and uber sexy!

Lawyers, on the other hand, argue for a living... how much fun is that in a relationship? Ugh!

<--- University professor with an ex-BF who is a lawyer :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

With all the stuff I see about teachers having sex with students, I could never date a teacher. My ego couldn't handle getting dumped for a 14-year-old.

That's disgusting.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

<<<<<<< teacher = safe bet

yay!
  • Prahasaurus
    Options
    I work with engineers every day - electrical, chemical and such - and I have to say they are awesome guys.

No real point to make. Just thought I'd highlight this part of your excellent post... ;-)

--P
  • Prahasaurus
    Options

I think you're looking at .00001% of teachers who do this. And they need psychiatric care.

--P
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Widows. I really hate to say that. But, I've dated two and ended up being hurt in the end. Both were great men that loved their wives dearly. Thought they were ready to move on. I dated one of them for 3 months before he just stopped talking with me abruptly. Never returned a call, never emailed. Just told me he didn't love me and that was that. The other, I went on one date with and the whole time he talked about and compared me to her the whole time....both had been widowed about a year. So...no widows.

Yeah, I agree. I avoid widows too. Seems to me that they'll never replace the love of their life. Although, I dont think that my logic is logical!! :laugh:

Oh no...of course I would see this here. The guy I am interested in has been widowed for 5 years. :(
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    A couple of late additions to the list......

For women, NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL professional athletes.

For men, attractive female sideline reporters for major TV networks. They may be top tier in looks, but the travel schedule (potentially not enough time spent together) and rumors of/potential for sex with pro players probably make it a difficult proposition in many cases.
  • dbrightwell1270
    Options
    For men, attractive female sideline reporters for major TV networks. They may be top tier in looks, but the travel schedule (potentially not enough time spent together) and rumors of/potential for sex with pro players probably make it a difficult proposition in many cases.

Thanks for the advise. I live in a town of 125,000 with no major universities. It is surrounded by corn and soy fields for about 60 miles in any direction. If a sideline reporter ever relocates here, I'll make sure to avoid her like the plague.